Comments

• Those are awesome.  I'm currently in need of new boots.  But I haven't been looking, because I don't have extra money in the budget, and I know if I find a pair I love I will buy them, budget be damned.
  • Those are so nice. I wish I could wear heels.  For me, it's all about flats.
  • I love those!

I have wide feet and dodgy knees, so I can't wear particularly high heels and pretty shoes don't often fit. So admiring shoes from afar is about all I can do!

Some that I covet:
    Hmmm - there is a certain degree of predictability about the shoes I like.
  • I love those first boots!  
  • I love those!

I have wide feet and dodgy knees, so I can't wear particularly high heels and pretty shoes don't often fit. So admiring shoes from afar is about all I can do!

Some that I covet:

I want these two. 
  • In the market for some riding boots that aren't just black, I like the idea of something like these:

Also DYING to have these:

I admire heels, but can't and don't really wear them all that much anymore. 
  • Ahhh you're killing me Smalls!  

All my knee high boots finally died last winter; my short black boots desperately need to be resoled and I have NO shoe budget right now 
  • edited September 2015
    I like those riding boots Anna! They are like a more refined Dubarry.
  • I love those!

Some that I covet:
    Hmmm - there is a certain degree of predictability about the shoes I like.
    Uh, yeah, those first boots are so adorable.

Also, I love when people in Britain say "dodgy." :)
  • @foodycatAlicia  we have so many similar tastes in shoes.

I need new knee high boots but I want a heel and I have wide ass calves, (15 inches) and I haven't found boots in leather that I like that will fit my damn calves.  I need to liposuction my calves.  
  • Don't get me started on wide fitting boots! I LOVED Duo boots - well made, great service, huge variety of calf fittings. But they have rebranded as http://www.tedandmuffy.com/ put the prices up 25% and launched really infantalising advertising. I'm 42 years old, I'm not fucking Red Riding Hood on her way to Grandma's house! And the designs aren't as interesting as they were. They seem to have been sending lots of boots to style bloggers for London Fashion Week, so I am CLEARLY no longer their target audience.
  • I see what you mean, the site while beautifully photographed, is a bit silly in their styling of the models. 
    It makes me think of costume boots vs real world boots. 
  • I was passing through Hudson's Bay last night and these made me audibly gay gasp:

And more practical-ish:

• I do love a good patterned pump (is that technically a pump?  I'm too tired for the Googling).  That's a subtle enough pattern that you could wear it with a lot of things, too.

I don't know how to do pictures, still, but I've run into several iterations of this idea around the interwebs and I'm still in love with it - though outfit pairing does become a problem

• Anna_P said:
    I was passing through Hudson's Bay last night and these made me audibly gay gasp:

And more practical-ish:

I just gasped here at home looking at that first pair. I can't even imagine seeing them in person!!
  • @Anna_P  OOOH I would be gasping too.  They are amazing. 
  • @Anna_P, those are freaking gorgeous!  I might have died just looking at them.  I don't often covet heels like that, but I would kill my neck to wear them for just a bit!
  • Just HAD to show off my new shoes (again)!

Aren't they lovely?  They were originally $65 and I got them for $22.48!

Love them!!

Love them!!
    I'm thinking about calling them my "Phryne Fisher shoes"...thoughts??
  • @foodycatAlicia  we have so many similar tastes in shoes.

I need new knee high boots but I want a heel and I have wide ass calves, (15 inches) and I haven't found boots in leather that I like that will fit my damn calves.  I need to liposuction my calves.  
    My 17" calves wish they were only 15" in diameter!
  • I love some dress boots. Now that it's huge sweater and skinny jean weather, I need to find some new boots to wear.
  • @annaP I've been meaning to post this for a week or so, I saw these at my local TJ Maxx and thought of you. Are you still on the hunt for two-tone riding boots?
  • I think @Anna_P is still in Paris. But those are really nice boots!
  • carlatheviking Love both those shoes!! 
  • Kittens, The absolute most annoying thing just happened. I saw this ad on facebook, clicked, and the shoes are nowhere to be found. I WANTS them.

These were the closes they had on the site... which are still nice, but I like the suede better... Of course, I have no reason to ever wear either of them, so it doens't matter, but they sure would look nice in my closet!
    What do you think?
  • edited November 2015
    @AlisonHendryx forgive me if this is osmething you already thought of, but are they these http://www.colehaan.com/highline-cut-out-pump-(75mm)---pointy-toe-dark-spruce-croc/D44851.html (copy & paste the whole link, it's only hotlinked half of it).
  • @AlisonHendryx forgive me if this is osmething you already thought of, but are they these http://www.colehaan.com/highline-cut-out-pump-(75mm)---pointy-toe-dark-spruce-croc/D44851.html (copy & paste the whole link, it's only hotlinked half of it).
    How'd ... you.... do.... that?
  • Google image search (right clicked your pic, selected "search google for this image"). It took me to the Outlet section of the site.