Favorite Kitchen Tools & Gadgets
This might be fun! What are your favorite kitchen helpers (non-legged variety!)?
I've only listed non-electrics. A couple use batteries.
In no particular order, here are some of mine:
- stainless steel bench/dough scraper
- Microplane® Grater-Zester
- Chef'n FreshForce Self Sharpening Pizza Wheel/ removable cover also sharpens; nice heavy handle
- metal hinged tongs of different lengths
- wooden citrus reamer
- wood/bristle mushroom cleaning brush/ looks like shroom
- silicon tube roller for quick skin removal of garlic cloves
- JosephJoseph Rocker™ Garlic Crusher/ creates nice little chunky garlic crushes; poke with nutcracker pick to get all pieces
- 2 oz metal coffee measure with handle (like miniature measuring cup); equiv to 30 ml/ 2 Tablespoons/ ¹⁄₈ cup
- Vacu Vin Wine Saver Vacuum Pump with rubber stoppers
- OXO Good Grips Triple Timer/Clock (digital) (batteries)/ got this for Xmas and use it all the time now; the "ding" is not very loud for the hearing-impaired though
- 5" Serrated Tomato Knife from Warthurcutlery.com/ my favorite knife of all time; American company in Ohio; highest quality, life-time guarantee; although they recommend sharpening every year, mine is 8 years old and never been sharpened; never in dishwasher; hand wash and dry; only used for tomatoes in my house! but will cut bread and similar soft veg; beautiful wood handle
- Wüsthof® Classic Santoku Chef Knives, 5" and 7"
- kitchen scale that toggles between ounces/pounds and grams (batteries)/ a must have when Americans use Euro/Aussie recipes by weight, which is the most accurate way to measure anyway
- hardware store retractable single-edge razor blade scraper
- blue painters tape & Sharpie/ will normally stick well even in freezer labeling & taping odd items closed