Comments

• I'm anxiously awaiting The Magicians. I read the first two books in the series when they were published and loved them. I'm now rereading them in anticipation, but more because I started the third and realized I couldn't remember a lot from the first two. Because I'm old. Hahahahahaha. It looks like it will be a good adaptation, and the author (Lev Grossman) approves of the modifications they made in adapting the novels.
  • I loved Twin Peaks first time around, so I will probably watch that. And Luke Cage. But most of those sound either absolutely dreadful or just not for me.
  • I am also very interested in Luke Cage and the Magicians (and also planning to reread them -- I had the same problem, @SaraLeigh - I can't read the third book because I can't remember much about the first two except that I liked them!).

I will also check out Vinyl (Martin Scorcese! Bobby Canavale! The record industry in the 1970s!) and Westworld on HBO and The Catch -- I gave up on Scandal long ago and have mixed feeling about Gray's Anatomy, but anything from Shonda is worth a look as far as I am concerned and I like Mirielle Enos.
  • Wasn't Westworld a movie a long time ago with Yul Brennar?
  • edited January 2016
    Good memory, Bear. Yes-- Westworld was a movie in the 70s with Yul Brenner. Also James Brolin.
  • KarenFK said:
    Good memory, Bear. Yes-- Westworld was a movie in the 70s with Yul Brenner. Also James Brolin.
    I have my (rare) moments :)
  • SaraLeigh said:
    I'm anxiously awaiting The Magicians. I read the first two books in the series when they were published and loved them. I'm now rereading them in anticipation, but more because I started the third and realized I couldn't remember a lot from the first two. Because I'm old. Hahahahahaha. It looks like it will be a good adaptation, and the author (Lev Grossman) approves of the modifications they made in adapting the novels.
    I've been enjoying the series, in part because of the casting - especially of Eliot, whom I adore!   I only read the middle book of the series, The Magician King, but it made me want to check out the series, and I like it very much. Looking forward to the Season 2 premier.
  • I wish Westworld was on regular tv though as I don't have HBO anymore but the movie of it from the 1970's was one of my favorites. Westworld and Logan's Run were two of my favorite movies from that era. I used to think of Westworld kind of like a dark version of a futuristic fantasy island. There was a sequel to Westworld too I think made called Futureworld.
  • The 'Wizard of Oz' "remake"? why?? Does everything have to be 'dark'? what happened to whimsical? quirky maybe? :)
  • Lorenzo's tweets reminded me we haven't had a good, quirky show since Pushing Daisies. I miss that show.
  • Milaxx said:
    Lorenzo's tweets reminded me we haven't had a good, quirky show since Pushing Daisies. I miss that show.
    yes, we NEED some quirky (but would settle for charming at this point)