Petty Complaints

Comments

• Ugh either my kids and I are all being smacked over the head with allergies, or we're all walking petri dishes sharing the germs back and forth.  Either way, it needs to go, I have shit to do.
  • Anna_P said:
    Came in to work this morning, found there had been a party in one of the galleries and there were food crumbs everywhere.  Sweeping up non-insane messes is part of my job description, so I swept it all up, grumbling incessantly to myself.

Half an hour later my boss comes in asking about something else and I ask if there was a party the night before.  She says yes, asks if they left a mess.  I say yes, but I cleaned up.  THEN my boss says, "No, you don't have to do that!  Just call custodial services!"

ARGH!!!
    On a similar note, I spent a couple of hours today schlepping office supplies and other related items for my department from a suite we had just vacated from one side of the building to the one we're currently occupying. I just found out 15 minutes ago that the movers we'd hired for another job didn't end up being used for that job and are now being given odd jobs to do so that they can have something to do to meet the minimum number of hours we'd originally hired them for. So they could've done this. 

Start-up companies sometimes *head desk*
    I would probably have cried if it were me.  When safely at home, of course.  Dang!
  • Ugh either my kids and I are all being smacked over the head with allergies, or we're all walking petri dishes sharing the germs back and forth.  Either way, it needs to go, I have shit to do.
    I'm much better but there is STILL crud in my lungs and going to the gym apparently makes me 10X worse.  Which is thoroughly irritating.
  • edited October 2016
    I don't know if DD gave me a cup with a pinhole in the bottom or if it got stabbed in my car's cupholder, but there is a hole in the bottom of my xtra large coffee.  The one I ordered because I haven't been sleeping well and want to nap at my desk.

.....andddd I spilled half of it all over my desk.  Happy Tuesday and shit.
  • I've never had a back issue, but my lower back has been killing me for the past couple of days and I don't know why. I'm doped up on ibuprofen and that Rub A-535 cream and it's not really doing anything. I'm strong, I know how to lift properly and I haven't even lifted anything heavy recently so I don't think it's anything I did. I've been hunched over and it hurts to stand up fully straight, it's so annoying. 
  • I refused to bring a sweater to work when it's 90F outside and now I'm freezing in here and don't know if I'm madder at myself or the fact it's 90F and sunny in October...
  • I got a massage last night, and the masseuse put way too much pressure on my chest. Went to bed with an ice pack, and this morning --it still hurts.
  • It's been a month and my ankle still hurts!
  • 85 here today. Fuck that.
  • I got my hair cut today and decided to get bangs. I haven't had bangs for like the past 15 years..I now remember why I don't usually get them! Off to invest in a large collection of headbands/barrettes. 
  • I got my hair cut today and decided to get bangs. I haven't had bangs for like the past 15 years..I now remember why I don't usually get them! Off to invest in a large collection of headbands/barrettes. 
    I hate bangs and all the damn maintenance, but I look so much better with them than without them.  Sigh.
  • GeoDiva said:
    It's been a month and my ankle still hurts!

It been 2 months and my ankle still hurts!!!
  • You know that feeling when you're blasting through your to-do list and feeling great...and then you realize you're almost done with all the easy stuff and are about to hit the difficult stuff that makes you want to rip your hair out?

#pettycomplaint
  • Wild temperature fluctuations. I don't understand why I need a coat today and tomorrow it's going to practically be like summer again. 
  • We don't really do Halloween, but this year husbeast asked if I would get some chocolates in case we got any trick or treaters (we usually only get 1 or 2 at most and we never have anything for them). So I did.

Knock at the door, husbeast answers... and tells the kids we haven't got anything for them. Why did I bother?
  • We don't really do Halloween, but this year husbeast asked if I would get some chocolates in case we got any trick or treaters (we usually only get 1 or 2 at most and we never have anything for them). So I did.

Knock at the door, husbeast answers... and tells the kids we haven't got anything for them. Why did I bother?
    ...did he eat them all?  (The chocs, I mean...)
  • Nope! He just panicked in the face of human interaction.
  • We bought a bunch of candy because I've been told that this is a trick or treat neighborhood. Its still early, but I haven't seen one kid out yet. I really hope we get some otherwise we're going to have a lot of leftovers.
  • SarahBeth said:
    We bought a bunch of candy because I've been told that this is a trick or treat neighborhood. Its still early, but I haven't seen one kid out yet. I really hope we get some otherwise we're going to have a lot of leftovers.
    Same here. We asked a neighbor earlier in the week and he said, yep lots of kids in this neighborhood. Did not see or hear even one group. My husband bought 5 bags of mini candybars. 
  • @Beth, we ended up getting a lot of trick or treaters not long after I posted that. 

Maybe your town does a trunk and treat or a trick or treat night on a different night? The town I used to live in does a downtown trick or treat and then I never saw anyone out on Halloween but where I live now we had a good group of kids. I'm finding it a lot more common for them to do it on a different night (a weekend for example if the actual holiday is a weeknight) or doing a controlled event. 

Sorry your husband bought candy for nothing :(
  • On top of the mountain of BS today I can't get the syntax to work in a mother-truckin' database. Been trying to get this search to work for hours now :-p I flippin' hate Ovid. 
  • On top of the mountain of BS today I can't get the syntax to work in a mother-truckin' database. Been trying to get this search to work for hours now :-p I flippin' hate Ovid. 

Sorry you're having a rough time, but I must thank you for 'I flippin' hate Ovid', it have me a sorely needed chuckle during a pretty crappy morning. #Calexit?
  • @GraziDiMenti: Are you a librarian too? Didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about when I mentioned Ovid!
  • It got down to 50 degrees overnight (this is good) so I wasn't too hot and slept with my comforter on the bed.  Somehow, I threw it off in the night and woke up shivering and sneezy (this is not good).  Wearing a warm, cherry-red cable knit sweater in hopes it keeps me from getting bronchitis again...
  • @GraziDiMenti: Are you a librarian too? Didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about when I mentioned Ovid!

No, it was just the sentence (kind of evocative) didn't know librarians were anti-Ovid.
  • edited November 2016
    @GraziDiMenti: I think most librarians like Ovid just fine (referring to the database interface). I'm probably an outlier!
  • So you weren't referring to the Roman poet.... I figured the interface you were referring to was maybe some sort of translation/concordance or something like that, not the interface itself.
    @GraziDiMenti: I think most librarians like Ovid just fine (referring to the database interface). I'm probably an outlier!

• My favorite bra's underwire is starting to stab me in the side of the boob.  I'm really starting to get irritated of how quickly I'm running through them - I pay decent money and keep them out of the dryer, what more do they want from my life??
  • My favorite bra's underwire is starting to stab me in the side of the boob.  I'm really starting to get irritated of how quickly I'm running through them - I pay decent money and keep them out of the dryer, what more do they want from my life??
    Your firstborn Thing and a pint of lifeblood, perhaps?
  • I covered for my co-worker today because she's in the midst of a family crisis. Which is fine. But I told her on Thursday I was only planning to do a shortened day because I have other stuff to do. Then on Friday she said I had to be in before 10 because the boss needed to pick something up (he isn't allowed keys because he is unreliable). So I made sure I got up 20 minutes early, got in at 9.55... and he came in to pick up the item at 10.55. I am feeling cheated of sleep.