Favorite magazines?

2»

Comments

• You all are gonna laugh but I love this magazine called Garden and Gun. It is mostly gardens and southern homes and antiques and recipes and whiskey and some artful hunt-picnic shots. The funniest part is that they refuse to let the NRA buy advertising. Much to the dismay of last year's intern, this year's NRA marketing person. LOL. But it is a beautiful magazine. I also get The New Yorker, Harpers, Martha Stewart and Real Simple. Oh and Cook's Illustrated. Oh and Mother Earth News.
  • MothraVA said:
    You all are gonna laugh but I love this magazine called Garden and Gun. It is mostly gardens and southern homes and antiques and recipes and whiskey and some artful hunt-picnic shots. The funniest part is that they refuse to let the NRA buy advertising. Much to the dismay of last year's intern, this year's NRA marketing person. LOL. But it is a beautiful magazine. I also get The New Yorker, Harpers, Martha Stewart and Real Simple. Oh and Cook's Illustrated. Oh and Mother Earth News.
    I follow them on Facebook and find them rather charming (being a big 'non-gun' person)....
  • I feel like the guns are mostly props to justify having gun dogs in their photo shoots. :)
  • MothraVA said:
    I feel like the guns are mostly props to justify having gun dogs in their photo shoots. :)
    :)

and tho I don't drink......and to post bourbon recipes...
  • I follow Garden & Gun on Flipboard, and they do have good writers and interesting stories.  They recently had a profile of my favorite Chattanooga restaurant, Main Street Meats, by John T. Edge.  He is an excellent food writer.  I didn't know they had refused advertising from the NRA, that makes me appreciate them even more!
  • Scout said:
    I follow Garden & Gun on Flipboard, and they do have good writers and interesting stories.  They recently had a profile of my favorite Chattanooga restaurant, Main Street Meats, by John T. Edge.  He is an excellent food writer.  I didn't know they had refused advertising from the NRA, that makes me appreciate them even more!
    I know, right? When last year's intern this year's marketing person for the NRA told me that I immediately paid for a renewal. :)

and they do post a lot of recipes for southern hipster alcoholic drinks. I kind of see it like Martha Stewart for the new South.