Project Runway, Season 15

Lifetime has posted the cast list for this season, which starts September 15.  Is anyone up for watching this season?

Comments

• I suppose I might.  I like having noisy drivel on in the background when I'm trying to write.
  • I might. I'm going to need something kind of mindless once in a while. 
  • I'm not exactly waiting with baited breath, but think that it will provide a welcome diversion from the political circus.
  • I'll be working on costumes for gymnasts for a production of Pippin, so I'll probably have PR on in the background so I don't feel like I'm working alone.
  • nolakent said:
    I'll be working on costumes for gymnasts for a production of Pippin, so I'll probably have PR on in the background so I don't feel like I'm working alone.
    Sounds like a very cool project!
  • Depends on what else is on in the same time slot.  As bitchyx3 said, it might be a welcome diversion from politics.
  • I don't know why I keep watching it, but I do!
  • Oh, I'll probably get sucked into it.  As long as Ivanka Trump isn't a guest judge.
  • I don't know. I thought I hadn't watched the last season, but I guess I did. I'll probably get sucked into it, especially if TLo talk about it on their podcast.
  • Lilithcat said:
    Oh, I'll probably get sucked into it.  As long as Ivanka Trump isn't a guest judge.
    Lifetime has a partial(?) list of the guest/celeb judges on their website.
  • It's "watch it and forget it" these days. Wait, wasn't last season the Swapnil season? It seems so long ago but the bitter taste remains.
  • It's "watch it and forget it" these days. Wait, wasn't last season the Swapnil season? It seems so long ago but the bitter taste remains.
    yes, last season was Swapnil and weeping Ashley. I understand that they are also filming a second season of PR Junior. The first season was enjoyable, but I wonder if that will last.
    yes, last season was Swapnil and weeping Ashley. I understand that they are also filming a second season of PR Junior. The first season was enjoyable, but I wonder if that will last.
    Depends entirely on two things:
    1.  The likability of the kids, or if anyone was cast just to bring TEH DRAMAZ.
    2.  Where we fall on the sliding scale of producer manipulation to letting talented people be talented.
  • CourtneyA said:
    It's "watch it and forget it" these days. Wait, wasn't last season the Swapnil season? It seems so long ago but the bitter taste remains.
    2.  Where we fall on the sliding scale of producer manipulation to letting talented people be talented.
    Yes to both 1 and 2.  
  • CourtneyA said:
    It's "watch it and forget it" these days. Wait, wasn't last season the Swapnil season? It seems so long ago but the bitter taste remains.
    Yes to both 1 and 2.  

Let's hope they also keep the format of last season, which was sort of a back to basics PR. Also, the 1st. season of PR JR worked for me because the kids were earnest, respectful, and full of enthusiasm and genuine talent. It was a refreshing change of place from the sometimes jaded, stale, cynical histrionics of adult PR.
  • The other good thing about PR Jr was that the kids were truly kids. They had to balance school, and peer reactions and worry about going to college, in a way that made them more human than the adult competitors who appear as cartoon characters because they present such a cultivated slice of their life. Even though the kids all appeared to have unusually wonderful skin, advanced poise and super-talents, their kid-ness couldn't be avoided as much through editing.
    That season feels like a million years ago.
  • I don't know how I feel about another round of senior PR. I am hopeful for another round of juniors though

That being said it is interesting how if you do reasonably well on thshow, you can still have some notoriety and exposure

The hubby and I recently attended an annual charity fashion event that Daniel Esquivel helped to create. It is used to kick off Austin Pride. It featured LIfetime PR alum including Daniel, Ari South, Emily Payne, Joshua Christensen, Christopher Straub (S6), Rey Ortiz (Under the Gunn), Casanova, Alexander Pope. Also local designers Midi Soliz and Danny Nguyen

The fashion quality was mixed but the whole event was pretty faboo and entertaining. It was hosted by Miss Coco Peru who was subbing for Bianca del Rio who was forced to cancel. Coco did some serious readiing of her. Lance Bass co-hosted

There was a fabulous performances by Chad Michaels, Viktoria Modesta and Lucianna and plenty of Queens bringing their "A" drag costumes

took a ton of pics and posted on my hubby's FB site. if anyone is interested here are Gallery Part I and Gallery Part 2

Warning: Some of it is a little risque and  Rey Ortiz gets very political with his finale gown
  • Thanks for the link Frank.
    Chad Michaels always has such lovely costumes. Some of the fashions were.........interesting. I loved the political gown! I want one!
  • NYFW starts next week and I'm confused about the timing with the PR finale. Is THE ENTIRE ROSTER showing this year? Because the show hasn't even started yet but PR has a spot at 9 AM on September 9.
  • What timeslot is the tv show?
  • edited September 2016
    I am watching the premiere as I type.  I've just got to say the I hope that woman with the obnoxious laugh is gone soon or else I will be.  I can't put up with a entire season of listening to that.

ETA: Tim and Heidi are drinking champagne straight from the bottle!
  • Behind, but posting as I watch.

It's season 15 - how have you not worked with unconventionable materials before? That's THE challenge of this show.

Also that laugh. I can't.
  • edited September 2016
    Munchkn said:
    I am watching the premiere as I type.  I've just got to say the I hope that woman with the obnoxious laugh is gone soon or else I will be.  I can't put up with a entire season of listening to that.

ETA: Tim and Heidi are drinking champagne straight from the bottle!
    eh. heidi's kissed a pig on national tv (on America's Got Talent)
  • Oh I wanted to watch, but I forgot and was busy doing homework.
  • Wait, I missed it?  (I was at an absolutely amazing play, Man in the Ring.  Blew me away and it was the first preview night!)  I'll have to check On Demand.

• I watched it and I have to say...I've seen worse.

The winning design, while hideously yellow, was a cool use of unconventional materials and the result did look runway ready. The throw-rugs for sleeves runner up for the win though, it looked like a Thom Browne monstrosity. And Thom Browne is Thom Browne and he can get away with that stuff. Having seen Dexter's (was that his name?) process, he wasn't going for something that edgy, but rather threw something together after a terrible critique.

And the guy who made a shift dress but attached a panel of rows of polaroids and fringe to the front and back so needed to go.

There were quite a few pieces that I enjoyed.
  • I liked it. So many designers to keep track of this first episode. I'm actually looking forward to next week's episode.
  • I'll admit as much as I love project runway, I've gotten a bit jaded over the drama aspect of it. But, I actually really enjoyed this one. Tim seemed to have a more energized manor this season. The two designers fighting over the flowers I just have no words..... I liked the preview hour showing everyone's fashions first and found myself really interested in quite a few of the designers. I was very satisfied with the end too. I was afraid they would keep the one designer around for the drama of "I'm going to do it my way and no other way 100% of the time" which gets very annoying very fast. Overall, a nice start to this season. 
  • So many designers to follow, as is always the case in the first episode. I realized that we were being set up for a win/fail with the "OMG, she's STILL gluing gumdrops on her design!!!!!! Is she going to send her model down the runway NAKED???????!!!!!" scenario.
    I liked Roberi's use of the paper lanterns, a good conceptual design. The shift with stuff glued/sewn on was not going to make given the nature of the challenge. I rather liked that the unconventional materials challenge was the first, as it took the designers out of their comfort zone and pushed them.

Watching Heidi and Tim drinking from the Moet bottles was a hoot.