Good luck, Bearish

Not sure if I will be online at the same time as you for a while - all the best for your procedure and the recovery. Ear scratches to the pupper!

Comments

• Not sure if I will be online at the same time as you for a while - all the best for your procedure and the recovery. Ear scratches to the pupper!
    Awwwww thanks!!! wow. blew me away..

(small) update... Surgeon called, they are pushing surgery back a week (he had some type of emergency and will be going out of town on Friday- and he would have to do surgery and leave.

So- would rather he work on me and NOT be watching the clock...and this gives the best friend some much needed time for his life (his ex wife had surgery and is now in ICU...big big mess)

that said...GRRRRR. I have everything 'bad' out of the house...and now need to buy more 'food' for the week...sigh...

thanks again FC! :)
  • I'm sorry it got pushed back again, but I agree with your doctor - you don't want him rushing through the procedure!  Best of luck!
  • Good luck!!  You are loved in the BK universe!
  • It's so smart to be getting the surgery soon, both for the obvious health benefits as well as the uncertainty of what the future holds insurance-wise.  It sounds like your surgeon is thoughtful and responsible in moving the surgery back a week to make sure he can give you his best attention.

• Oh, this gets BETTER....I knew there was a 'reason' this got pushed back...

THEY FOUND TERMITES and WATER DAMAGE in my condo bedroom wall and a bit in the corner of the kitchen wall!! They are now in the process of building a 'fake wall' to protect my bedroom, will then have to take out one wall (with a window on it) and a piece of sheetrock around the corner, plus the lower half of my upstairs neighbors window to gut/repair all the damage- it extends above my window into the floor above (thankfully no floor/ceiling stuff)...ugh.

Can you IMAGINE me coming home on Friday from the hospital in the middle of all this crap? I would have been one very very very grumpy pissed off bear (oh, repainting, sanding, my bedroom 'exposed'). The (nice) guy says it will be 'all done' but Thursday (when I go into the hospital..). Oh, for those keeping track, I am told its a RNY gastric bypass.

whew.
  • I'm so glad the timing worked out to your benefit!
  • Sometimes things happen for a reason!
  • Looks like the universe is taking care of you. Let the condo repairs go smoothly and you enjoy your time with Angus.
  • Sounds like this delay did indeed happen for a reason. So relieved that your MD will be doing the procedure when he will be devoting full attention to the procedure and your recovery, and that you will not be coming home to a condo with those major problems unresolved.
    Will be thinking the very best thoughts for you, dear.

• Sounds like this delay did indeed happen for a reason. So relieved that your MD will be doing the procedure when he will be devoting full attention to the procedure and your recovery, and that you will not be coming home to a condo with those major problems unresolved.
    Will be thinking the very best thoughts for you, dear.

thanks B3/All!!

• Sometimes delays are good! Hope your condo problem is swiftly and completely taken care of.
  • well they got the window BACK up....but...I def feel a CHILL coming on :( (and do NOT need to get sick) am getting the electric blanket on the bed and crashing early- NO naps tomorrow with all that blasted noise :(

Angus and I went and hid at the dog park today :)
  • I am so looking forward to having ENERGY after all this! so tired of being tired..(and the stress leading up ot this...)

after getting sick/chilled had some sort of weird head thing happen (a reaction to my head straps? very very painful hard ot sleep) seems to be getting better...whew.
  • Remind me of which dog park you go to please :)
  • Remind me of which dog park you go to please :)
    Newtown Dog Park (you can google it), the crowds are much smaller (not sure why, but not a bad thing). I see less of the old regulars...:( but Wicked Witch or nutso lady I have not seen in awhile. I have heard talk of some re-do and upgrades coming? They do a good job of keeping it clean.

I will play it by ear after surgery (but plan on taking a pan as protection/shield of the 'new' belly). Dogs seem to love to jump up on me (they know I am a big pup at heart :) ).

Oh, and EVERYONE seems to know Angus (not a bad thing...).
  • Hope surgery goes well and recovery is quick!!
  • Thanks, I did some 'get rid of stress' cleaning tonight :)

Very light dinner tomorrow night (grits), no food after 11pm. Minimum liquid (to take 3 meds) in the AM Thursday.

My one concern is my blood pressure (I get worried there) but after pre-op they called to say if it (and my blood sugar) are where they were in pre-op, NO surgery (trying not to stress and think about it) fingers crossed.
  • This time for sure! Good luck.
  • Oh yeah, got the confirmation from the lady at the surgeons office (gods I wish she didn't hate her job so much, lol!) and the workers said they might crawl in my window while I am gone and fix the drywall and paint so I can come home to a fixed bedroom!! hooorday! )
  • fingers crossed for you!
  • allie07 said:
    Hope surgery goes well and recovery is quick!!
    Yes!!! Good Luck!!
  • Oh yeah, got the confirmation from the lady at the surgeons office (gods I wish she didn't hate her job so much, lol!) and the workers said they might crawl in my window while I am gone and fix the drywall and paint so I can come home to a fixed bedroom!! hooorday! )
    Excellent on both fronts!

Good luck, and "good hands" vibes to your surgeon.

• Good luck Bearish. You're taking yourself on the best journey you could do for yourself. Echoing Lilithcat for "good hands" vibes to your surgeon.
  • Qitkat said:

Good luck Bearish. You're taking yourself on the best journey you could do for yourself. Echoing Lilithcat for "good hands" vibes to your surgeon.
    Thanks! (all)  Having grits for dinner...yum
  • Good luck and much positive energy sent to you Bearish.

As a veteran of seven surgeries in the last ten years, my advice is to get moving as soon as you can after the surgery. It promotes healing and gets the gastrointestinal tract moving again. I had my ascending colon removed several years ago due to a family genetic mutation and getting moving again as soon as possible, even if it's only several baby steps, gets the train back on track faster so to speak.

Do not be afraid to use your morphine pump (if that's the pain relief method used) as often as needed. The most important thing is to try and stay on top of the pain as much as possible. Hit that button before you do any physical activity, even if it's just sitting up in the hospital bed for the first time after surgery.

Remember Angus needs his daddy back so take care and heal well.
  • Today is the day! see you on the other side Kittens! <smack>
  • Sending good vibes to you and your surgeon!!!  Hope things go smoothly and you heal quickly!
  • I hope it all goes smoothly! 
  • Speedy recovery!