Good luck, Bearish

Comments

• I am HOME! sounds like it went very very well. The anathesioligist was wonderful (team switchable for!). I think she heard me- basically they took me into a room, kept trying to get me in the right position and....some one saying 'you are in the recovery room'?? (very muddled) then into my room...(for some reason my friend was not there yet).

The nursing folks seemed VERY happy that I got and walk right away...(like you are supposed to) very good drugs. I am still adjusting to how many sips (1 popsicle and I was STUFFED, wow...) now for the next small steps..

oh they have not painted my bedroom tho :(

thank you ALL
  • Glad you are home and that everything went well.
  • Glad to hear you are home.  May your recovery be a smooth one.
  • Good to hear!! Hope recovery goes by quick. Take it easy!
  • I'm so glad that you're recovering so well!
  • Wahoo! Hope your place gets painted soon.
  • So soon! That's great!
  • I'm impressed you're home so soon! Heal well.
  • evidentally the nursing folks were VERY impressed that I got up to ealk (and pee) so soon- I don'[t have much memory of it.

I am also so VERY happy with the anethesiologist (sp). I have a dissociative disorder than can play...um, havoc with anathesia (I can 'block' it. So she just smacked me under :) I remember them geting me onto a table or something...then some comments about being in recovery? then the ride to my room...looking for my friend (he wasn't there yet) then walking...um...

Glad to be home- Oh, Angus went bananas when I got home, but he is being rather subdued, he knows 'something' happened :) but being VERY good.. still 3 sips of water and whew...FULL

thank god(s) for popsicles! gotta keep up the liquid intake (which is going to be tricky I am realizing...) a nice quiet weekend. take my 'shield' and go to the dog park later (wonderful weather this weekend!)
    Therapist on Monday and that is about it.. maybe a movie Tuesday if they are painting.

My stomach is a bit sore, but think it might be trapped gas? (walk walk walk I am told)

thanks all
  • Trapped gas pains are the WORST! Walking does help to get rid of them.

I find pets to be very intuitive about their people's mental and physical states. Angus is observing and processing what is going on with you.

Keep up the good work! You should be proud of yourself!
  • So glad to hear that all went well.  It sounds as though you are making an excellent recovery.

Angus went bananas when I got home, but he is being rather subdued, he knows 'something' happened :) but being VERY good.

Animals completely know when something is up! 
  • evidentally the nursing folks were VERY impressed that I got up to ealk (and pee) so soon- I don'[t have much memory of it.

I am also so VERY happy with the anethesiologist (sp). I have a dissociative disorder than can play...um, havoc with anathesia (I can 'block' it. So she just smacked me under :) I remember them geting me onto a table or something...then some comments about being in recovery? then the ride to my room...looking for my friend (he wasn't there yet) then walking...um...

Glad to be home- Oh, Angus went bananas when I got home, but he is being rather subdued, he knows 'something' happened :) but being VERY good.. still 3 sips of water and whew...FULL

thank god(s) for popsicles! gotta keep up the liquid intake (which is going to be tricky I am realizing...) a nice quiet weekend. take my 'shield' and go to the dog park later (wonderful weather this weekend!)
    Therapist on Monday and that is about it.. maybe a movie Tuesday if they are painting.

My stomach is a bit sore, but think it might be trapped gas? (walk walk walk I am told)

thanks all

YAY! First hurdle down. Not everyone gets tripped gas (I didn't), it may just be soreness.  Just in case try doing 1 lap around the room every hour. Otherwise, sip, sip, sip!
  • am finding getting all my water in will be a challenge...17oz so far today- whew...they said  32 oz min...amazed at how full sipping can be! (and thank goodness for popsicles :))

and also, thanks all...

went ot the dog park- took my 'shield', am pooped now...whew
  • You have to work up to it I think it took me a week or 2 before I could drink 60 ounces of water a day. 
  • Glad to hear all went well! :) 
  • Milaxx said:
    You have to work up to it I think it took me a week or 2 before I could drink 60 ounces of water a day. 
    Thanks, needed to hear that :)

sip of protein, 6? Popsicles (I am not upset, if thats what works the first day...so be it :) dog park was tiring, but a start...whew. Came home took a nap.(I think Angus will be glad when my friend leaves- so he can have HIS bed back...)
  • So glad that you are back home and that surgery went so well!
  • so happy for you that the surgery went well, and that you are home with your beloved Angus.  May your recovery go well, dear.
  • Whoo hoo I'm glad the surgery went so well and you're on the road to recovery!
  • I'm so glad you are safely through the surgery and on your way to a new healthier you!
  • Now starts some tricky work for me.. I have always 'run and hid' with my weight...now I (literally) can not. Having people comment on my weight loss panics me. I have used my weight to hide/run/be invisible... Now...what??? sigh. baby steps.

It seems I dropped some weight BEFORE surgery...(nerves etc)

Oh, bit of heaven today. Bought a small chili and sipped/sucked the 'juice' out of it...wow. Some tiny tiny bit of meat. Heaven. (am now very full and happy :)  glad I was in my car- I sounded horrible lol

gave Angus a few of the beans- now realizing that might have been a 'bad' idea lol...
  • Showing the real you to people without something to hide behind is scary, but it does get easier with time. I was a virtual shut-in before I married my husband due to extreme social anxiety and shyness. Slowly I started to emerge behind my self imposed cocoon.

Keep us updated!
  • Gemfemme said:
    Showing the real you to people without something to hide behind is scary, but it does get easier with time. I was a virtual shut-in before I married my husband due to extreme social anxiety and shyness. Slowly I started to emerge behind my self imposed cocoon. Keep us updated!
    glad someone can understand that...many don't 'get' it....thanks.

• It's been a week, so how's it going?
  • Struggling with the addiction side of it- i.e. its the weekend- usually 'binge time'....but I literally can not. trying to get a handle on the 'one bite really *IS* enough'....no, really, yes, really- its enough :)

getting my protein in, and my water! (put a tracker on my phone...)

one nice thing is NOT PEEING ALL THE TIME!

but I knew this would be part of it...just gotta work thru it :)

thanks for asking btw
  • That's sounding really positive.
  • Glad you're doing so well!  I can't imagine having just one bite of something and then stopping.  So major congrats on this!
  • 33 lbs down.

Wow, that's super! What is your goal to lose?

• That's so great!

How are you feeling about it?