5 time! (??) People Mag. World's Most Beautiful Woman

... is Julia Roberts?

She's beautiful. Sure. But what is the point of awarding it to her over and over?  That's really boring.

Comments

• I'm guessing that Kendall Jenner was the original pick, and "America's Sweetheart" got the crown due to post-Pepsi reshuffling.
  • The whole thing is out-of-date and ludicrous, not to mention racist, ageist, and limiting beauty to an incredibly narrow definition. Time for it to go away!
  • The whole thing is out-of-date and ludicrous, not to mention racist, ageist, and limiting beauty to an incredibly narrow definition. Time for it to go away!

DITTO! And who cares anyway. Also I think all the young women in my family are prettier than JR, and I'm willing to bet some of the BKs and their friends are too.
  • She must have a new movie out.
  • Yawn...really? out of the dozens (okay, thousands) of newer/younger stars? Did they do some sort of algarythm (sp) based on their core demographic? dart throwing? You can only ride of Pretty Woman's popularity for so many decades folks...meh.
  • I agree that it's an outdated concept, along with their "Sexiest Man Alive" and SI's swimsuit issue, but I suppose they'll continue as long as they sell enough copies. Heck, its even surprising to think of how little beauty pageants have really changed over the decades.
  • Echoing everyone who's saying it's racist, ageist, narrow definitions of beauty, etc

@largishbearishaltish I'm no expert,but from what I hear (on the interwebs, so...yeah) it's basically a who-has-the-PR-rep-with-the-best-relationship-to-the-mag contest.
  • She had the best publicist. Let's face it. In 2017 Julia Robert is not only not the prettiest woman alive, she's not even the prettiest White woman. It's a joke and this time it's so blatantly obvious that it's hysterical. Even worse is Julia pulling a Taylor Swift "Who me?" act about the whole thing. I'm low key embarrassed for her.
  • Milaxx said:
    She had the best publicist. Let's face it. In 2017 Julia Robert is not only not the prettiest woman alive, she's not even the prettiest White woman. It's a joke and this time it's so blatantly obvious that it's hysterical. Even worse is Julia pulling a Taylor Swift "Who me?" act about the whole thing. I'm low key embarrassed for her.
    Completely agree! 
  • I don't even understand why someone like her would even care to be on this particular cover yet-again; it just reeks of desperation.  Is Julia becoming Joan Crawford?
  • Does she have a movie/book/clothing line/furniture line/toy line(?) coming out that needs promoting? 

Could/did she have 'turn down rights' to something like this? (would/could she?)
  • Pretty sure she has a movie coming out. 
  • A quick Google search of "Julia Roberts new project" pulls a bunch of stuff about her starring in a TV show called "Today Will Be Different" this year
  • I guess I will sort of be the cheese that stands alone here, yeah it's Julia Roberts and the People's most beautiful issue has always been about whose publicist worked the hardest, but I will take it as a positive that People has a 49yo woman as the most beautiful. It's not a message that women 'of a certain age' hear enough so I guess I'll take what I can get.