New season of the Great British Baking Show on PBS

I just read that Season 4 of the old version starts on June 16 on PBS - yay!!!

Comments

• Hooray!  I'll be watching for it!
  • My local station is also airing a marathon of the master class episodes, too.  Though I believe those are also on Netflix, now.
  • CourtneyA said:
    My local station is also airing a marathon of the master class episodes, too.  Though I believe those are also on Netflix, now.

They are, I've been watching them this past week.
  • I saw the first two episodes last night - it was so nice to be back in that tent with a new crop of bakers! 
  • I've seen it already on YouTube but I don't care, I am totally watching it again!
  • I love the turbaned contestant- such a wonderful smile!!
  • I like him, too.  He's kind of competent and hapless all at the same time.  I also like the ginger engineer, he's adorably dorky.
  • CourtneyA said:
    I like him, too.  He's kind of competent and hapless all at the same time.  I also like the ginger engineer, he's adorably dorky.
    yes, the ginger goes with out saying...dorky is a great word for him :)
  • Have to share this. I'm on vacation and having breakfast at my pensione. At the next table, a young English boy is telling his parents that he wants to be a judge on reality TV shows, mentioning TGBBS. Mom tells him he has to be a chef first. His response? "I'll be an eating judge."
  • Lilithcat said:
    Have to share this. I'm on vacation and having breakfast at my pensione. At the next table, a young English boy is telling his parents that he wants to be a judge on reality TV shows, mentioning TGBBS. Mom tells him he has to be a chef first. His response? "I'll be an eating judge."
    Yeah, that'd be my preferred role too - though having to expound upon the reasons for rating each cook might challenge my imagination!

Side note: my PBS stations are showing different seasons at different times, and while it's nice to have several repeat showings of each episode so I know I won't miss it, I often find myself watching one episode and realizing it's two or three seasons older than the latest one.  I haven't had a chance to get to know the latest-season competitors yet...
  • I love this show.  After watching S4 on pbs I have gone back to netflix to watch earlier seasons. 
  • Lilithcat said:
    Have to share this. I'm on vacation and having breakfast at my pensione. At the next table, a young English boy is telling his parents that he wants to be a judge on reality TV shows, mentioning TGBBS. Mom tells him he has to be a chef first. His response? "I'll be an eating judge."
    Bwaaaaahahahahaha!

I wouldn't want that job actually...can you imagine having to eat as many baked goods as Paul and Mary have to do? I love carbs as much as the next gal, but I have a feeling I'd be in a constant food coma!
  • I watched each episode about 4 times.  The winner was from my mother-in-law's hometown.  (That's not giving anything away since you don't know her hometown or even if she's British.)