New season of the Great British Baking Show on PBS

I just read that Season 4 of the old version starts on June 16 on PBS - yay!!!

Comments

• Hooray!  I'll be watching for it!
  • My local station is also airing a marathon of the master class episodes, too.  Though I believe those are also on Netflix, now.
  • CourtneyA said:
    My local station is also airing a marathon of the master class episodes, too.  Though I believe those are also on Netflix, now.

They are, I've been watching them this past week.
  • I saw the first two episodes last night - it was so nice to be back in that tent with a new crop of bakers! 
  • I've seen it already on YouTube but I don't care, I am totally watching it again!
  • I love the turbaned contestant- such a wonderful smile!!
  • I like him, too.  He's kind of competent and hapless all at the same time.  I also like the ginger engineer, he's adorably dorky.
  • CourtneyA said:
    I like him, too.  He's kind of competent and hapless all at the same time.  I also like the ginger engineer, he's adorably dorky.
    yes, the ginger goes with out saying...dorky is a great word for him :)
  • Have to share this. I'm on vacation and having breakfast at my pensione. At the next table, a young English boy is telling his parents that he wants to be a judge on reality TV shows, mentioning TGBBS. Mom tells him he has to be a chef first. His response? "I'll be an eating judge."
  • Lilithcat said:
    Have to share this. I'm on vacation and having breakfast at my pensione. At the next table, a young English boy is telling his parents that he wants to be a judge on reality TV shows, mentioning TGBBS. Mom tells him he has to be a chef first. His response? "I'll be an eating judge."
    Yeah, that'd be my preferred role too - though having to expound upon the reasons for rating each cook might challenge my imagination!

Side note: my PBS stations are showing different seasons at different times, and while it's nice to have several repeat showings of each episode so I know I won't miss it, I often find myself watching one episode and realizing it's two or three seasons older than the latest one.  I haven't had a chance to get to know the latest-season competitors yet...
  • I love this show.  After watching S4 on pbs I have gone back to netflix to watch earlier seasons. 
  • Lilithcat said:
    Have to share this. I'm on vacation and having breakfast at my pensione. At the next table, a young English boy is telling his parents that he wants to be a judge on reality TV shows, mentioning TGBBS. Mom tells him he has to be a chef first. His response? "I'll be an eating judge."
    Bwaaaaahahahahaha!

I wouldn't want that job actually...can you imagine having to eat as many baked goods as Paul and Mary have to do? I love carbs as much as the next gal, but I have a feeling I'd be in a constant food coma!
  • I watched each episode about 4 times.  The winner was from my mother-in-law's hometown.  (That's not giving anything away since you don't know her hometown or even if she's British.)
  • Did anyone else notice that Andrew sounds exactly like Karen Gillan if you aren't looking at the TV?
  • What do we think about the new season, new presenters, and new judge?

I do miss Mary, Sue and Mel, particularly Mel with her hangdog looks to the camera after a silly pun, and Mary for her vast baking knowledge and kind, slightly feisty yet down to earth temperament, as well for her parade of jackets.
    But so far I'm enjoying Sandi and Noel as presenters. Sandi is quick with a quip and Noel seems geeky, kind and very happy and grateful to be included.

Prue is fine, she's just not Mary. Jeez I miss Mary and Paul hanging out at the judges table. I bet Paul does too.

Two episodes in and I can't remember any of the contestant's names. They do seems like a diverse and likable bunch.
    S

• I think it's kind of funny that they have put Sandi in Mary's floral bomber jackets. It's gone much better than I was anticipating, given how many stories came out during filming about how badly Prue got along with Paul.