Project Runway -Season 16 -Starts 8-17-17

Project Rungay is how I came to this site, and I suspect I'm not alone in the forum on that. Is anybody still hanging in there? Enough of us to discuss the episodes?  The new batch of designers, if their past work that's been posted is any indication, is very light on experience. 

Comments

• I haven't seen any of their previews or anything, but I do follow Nina Garcia on Facebook and she's posted about it.

Honestly, I prefer watching the old eps on Hulu.  Halfway through the 5th season of All Stars and then I'll have finished everything they have available, so I'll probably watch the new one just to amuse myself.

It's just...I wish they would have more two-day challenges, and give them 8 weeks and a decent amount of money to make a proper collection, you know, like they did when they started.  YOU CANNOT MAKE HAUTE COUTURE IN 12 HOURS!!!
  • nope.

Well, that's clear, isn't it!  Can't say I'm surprised at all. Switching to the "Forums" model depleted the discussion interaction considerably, and the show's downward slide toward oblivion has done the rest.

I'd love to see a fashion design show using the same format as the Great British Baking show - wouldn't that be a trip?!  "And now, for the Showstopper Challenge!!"

• Haven't heard about it and won't watch it.  There's no fashion or design; it's all about fake drama. I've always wondered why there wasn't a Project Runway: UK version.

I love the GBBO and am watching previous series via Netflix.  So calm, soothing, and no pretentiousness.
  • PaulaO said:
    Haven't heard about it and won't watch it.  There's no fashion or design; it's all about fake drama. I've always wondered why there wasn't a Project Runway: UK version.

I love the GBBO and am watching previous series via Netflix.  So calm, soothing, and no pretentiousness.
    There was. They called it Project Catwalk. Kelly Osborne hosted it

it was much bitchier than PR. the prize money was smaller. Their version of Tim was kind of a micro-managing jerk. 
  • It's not fun to watch anymore, and hasn't been for a while.  Setting the quality of the show (which is not good) aside, without TLo's recap and the live discussion, it's missing something intangible that the show needs.