I met Queen Helen of Fuckingfantastica!

No one will appreciate this like my fellow BKs. I walked into a coffeehouse in a mostly locals area of LA. Waiting at the register was Helen Mirren! I asked if she'd been helped, telling her I work there but had the day off. She said she had but then proceeded to ask me if the oatmeal raisins were very cinnamon-y. We chatted about them (I withheld my opinion that raisins in baked goods are of the devil) and then her latte was ready. I pointed out where the sugar was and she laughed at a joke I made to the barista.

We didn't let on that we knew who she was. She was alone and I thought she would appreciate getting a cup of coffee in peace. But God Bless America, I talked with Queen Helen!

Comments

• OH MY GOD!

Do you feel blessed? Did she radiate fan-fucking-tastic energy rays upon you?!
  • Lucky! I'm impressed by your calm. When I saw Clinton Kelly at the San Francisco Ferry Building, my daughter grabbed my arm and told me to behave and leave him alone...
  • OH MY GOD!

Do you feel blessed? Did she radiate fan-fucking-tastic energy rays upon you?!

Totally! I can't figure out what she was doing there so it must have been ordained.
  • Lucky! I'm impressed by your calm. When I saw Clinton Kelly at the San Francisco Ferry Building, my daughter grabbed my arm and told me to behave and leave him alone...

Only one other person I saw recognized her. We both kept it quiet because we really wanted her to have some peace. But I had to talk myself out of quietly saying something to her.
  • how cool. it was nice of you to pretend but I am sure many of us would have loved to tell her how Tlo declared her the Queen of fuckinfantasticka

you know she would have loved to have been told
  • ZOMG! I'm so very jealous.
  • OMG! what lovely encounter, and she must have appreciated your being so cool about it! Squeee!!!!!
  • Frank_821 said:

how cool. it was nice of you to pretend but I am sure many of us would have loved to tell her how Tlo declared her the Queen of fuckinfantasticka

you know she would have loved to have been told

I thought about it! But I could not bring myself to do it. If she comes in again, I promise to do so.