I, Tonya

Anyone else seen it?

Saw it today and *really* liked it...

The bodyguard/international counter-terrorism expert was a HOOT!!!!! O.M.G. Some really unexpected laugh out loud moments. Allison Janney is, of course, utterly amazing (the cigarettes should get their own award, lol). I enjoyed the cinematography (something I never say!).

Yes, Margot Robbie is 'too pretty' but you forget about that (and I read she is 4 inches taller than Tonya Harding...who was a short fireplug of muscle). The cast was well done (love the eye rolling FBI agents). The forth wall breaking was a hoot (oddly timed lol).

Yeah, guess I am raving... I def smell Oscar-Buzz...

I also have new....compassion? for T. Harding...very relatatble 'White Trash VS 'the system'...

Comments

• Haven't seen it, but I'm looking forward to this. I love Margot Robbie and Allison Janney.
    I remember the drama shitfest when it happened. I swear, now THAT was reality TV.
  • I'm torn. Part of me wants to watch the movie, but part of me is disgusted that they apparently make Tonya into a sympathetic character. I'd be fine with that story arc if it didn't eventually lead to actual physical assault.