RIP Hubert de Givenchy

edited March 12 in Fashion & Beauty
Take the picture! Take the picture!

My all-time favourite.

Comments

• Such a wonderful relationship!
  • what a fabulous loss to the fashion world. That man was the epitome of class and elegance

on a down note it's shocking the house of Givenchy was responsible for that hideous pimple gown Beyonce wore to the Met gala
  • I love Funny Face, too, @Anna_P. It and Sabrina are my two favorite Audrey Hepburn films. I know that Edith Head got credit for designing the costumes, but Audrey's gowns were all Givenchy.

I'm pretty sure I have Funny Face on DVD, but I also have a copy on VHS that I got from the Givenchy counter at Macy's when I bought a bottle of L'Interdit some years ago.
  • Munchkn said:

I love Funny Face, too, @Anna_P. It and Sabrina are my two favorite Audrey Hepburn films. I know that Edith Head got credit for designing the costumes, but Audrey's gowns were all Givenchy.

I'm pretty sure I have Funny Face on DVD, but I also have a copy on VHS that I got from the Givenchy counter at Macy's when I bought a bottle of L'Interdit some years ago.

That's amazing! I have a reformulated bottle of L'Interdit and from what I can tell, it smells similar enough to the original my mom had years ago but not quite as rich if that makes any sense. I love that perfume, it was only as an adult that I realized that it was created for Audrey.