Lost in Space (reboot)

Okay BKs, what did you think?

I have fallen further in love with Ms Posey....(emmy time??)

I really liked it (tho 'space eels'?? *REALLY*? :) ) lol

End of Ep 6 got me...def took me awhile to warm up to Lando Calrissi...er..Han Solo...er, the new Don...whew.

I liked the handling of PTSD (look for it). yeah, some clunky science (I have read whining about water freezing and other stuff...meh).

Nicely handled special effects... Looking forward to season 2 now!

so- (since i just signed up for netflix (I know I know)....what else to recommend?

Obviously the Queer Eye reboot (just watched Ep 1 and 2 (they didn't make the beards shave!!! WOO HOO!) and the old bearded coot ("You can't fix ugly" was a charmer!)...

what else?

Comments

• Okay BKs, what did you think?

I have fallen further in love with Ms Posey....(emmy time??)

I really liked it (tho 'space eels'?? *REALLY*? :) ) lol

End of Ep 6 got me...def took me awhile to warm up to Lando Calrissi...er..Han Solo...er, the new Don...whew.

I liked the handling of PTSD (look for it). yeah, some clunky science (I have read whining about water freezing and other stuff...meh).

Nicely handled special effects... Looking forward to season 2 now!

so- (since i just signed up for netflix (I know I know)....what else to recommend?

Obviously the Queer Eye reboot (just watched Ep 1 and 2 (they didn't make the beards shave!!! WOO HOO!) and the old bearded coot ("You can't fix ugly" was a charmer!)...

what else?

I think there is a Netflix thread. Don't know how current it is.
    Stranger Things
    Unbreakable Kimmie Scmidt
    Can't think of anything else right now.
  • Bloodline is old but worthwhile, esp the 1st 2 seasons

• I think there is a Netflix thread. Don't know how current it is.
    Stranger Things
    Unbreakable Kimmie Scmidt
    Can't think of anything else right now.

--thanks- Strainger Things looks too...creepy? for me... Had forgotten about Kimmie (didn't it win an Emmy? (or was nominated)....am enjoying the Queer Eye reboot (they haven't made the 2 bearded men shave the beards (only 2 eps in so....)!!!! and its 'Atlanta-Based' (bonus for us Atlanta folks) but now the danged (original) theme song is stuck in my head...sigh

(and right now 'things can only get better' is *VERY* uselful ,sigh)
  • I particularly love Death In Paradise (British cop show set in a fictional island in the Caribbean), Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (set in 1920s Australia with a fabulous lady detective), and Midsomer Murders (British cop show set in England) if you're looking for fun shows on Netflix.

I really like Lost in Space - I'm only 4 eps in, but I read the whole synopsis on wiki because I'm weak like that. I'm just SO BEHIND on all my watching - I've only seen 1 ep of Jessica Jones S2, I haven't watched ANY of the new season of Bosch (Amazon Prime), I haven't seen the "new" season of Stranger Things, and I'm only 2-3 episodes into Altered Carbon (also Netflix), which has a whole lotta naked Joel Kinnamen, which is most of the reason I watch it.
  • just 'tried' 1 ep of Jessica Jones- is this about (sort of) PTSD? looks a wee bit...dark.

Am enjoying Unsinkable Kimmi Schmidt (in a 'eating a whole bowl of sweetened air' sort of way...

maybe Orange is the New Black? (stranger things just looks too....wierd? creepy? for me..)

Sense 8 has gotten GREAT buzz but was cancelled (due to cost?) :(
  • Jessica Jones is definitely about PTSD after rape and assault. I haven't seen the others, except for one episode of Kimmy Schmidt, and hated it.
  • Jessica Jones is definitely about PTSD after rape and assault. I haven't seen the others, except for one episode of Kimmy Schmidt, and hated it.

whew- glad I asked! will def do a (BIG) pass on Jessica Jones then (CPSTD survivor here, along with several other disorders)...

and Kimmy Schmidt would be good...if there were very few other choices... a 'piffle'. (Tina Fey's name on it can only go so far (and Titus whathisname is getting one note :( )

• Two episodes into Lost In Space. I really like it. That first episode was so tense!
    Parker Posey makes everything she appears in better.
  • Gemfemme said:

Two episodes into Lost In Space. I really like it. That first episode was so tense!
    Parker Posey makes everything she appears in better.

can we talk Emmy for her, or is it 'too soon' :smiley:

whew- glad I asked! will def do a (BIG) pass on Jessica Jones then (CPSTD survivor here, along with several other disorders)...

and Kimmy Schmidt would be good...if there were very few other choices... a 'piffle'. (Tina Fey's name on it can only go so far (and Titus whathisname is getting one note :( )

Yeah, I've only watched JJS1 once, and I'm only one episode into JJS2. It's a fantastic show, but it triggers me and it's hard to watch. Even though I REALLY want to support it.

• Yeah, I've only watched JJS1 once, and I'm only one episode into JJS2. It's a fantastic show, but it triggers me and it's hard to watch. Even though I REALLY want to support it.
    thanks- thats sort of how I kind of feel- want to support a female centric show, but *NOT* at the chance of triggering.

(I won't even go to certain theaters anymore due to the noise/vibration levels)...
  • The first season of Jessica Jones triggered me a bit, but the acting, character development and atmosphere really sucked me in.

The second season started a bit slow for me, but about halfway through it hooked me again. Kilgrave was such a compelling villain as well as the perfect advisory for Jessica.
    For me, that’s the only thing missing in season two, a worthy villain.
  • Yeah, I've only watched JJS1 once, and I'm only one episode into JJS2. It's a fantastic show, but it triggers me and it's hard to watch. Even though I REALLY want to support it.
    thanks- thats sort of how I kind of feel- want to support a female centric show, but *NOT* at the chance of triggering.

(I won't even go to certain theaters anymore due to the noise/vibration levels)...

Oh definitely don't go to a Dolby showing then!! I adore them, but the seats vibrate with certain loud noises for effect (like in Rampage when a building came crashing down), so you'd hate it!

• (I won't even go to certain theaters anymore due to the noise/vibration levels)...

Oh definitely don't go to a Dolby showing then!! I adore them, but the seats vibrate with certain loud noises for effect (like in Rampage when a building came crashing down), so you'd hate it!

Nope- I would be ....Justice League triggered a truly horrific flashback for me...(thats not evening MENTIONING the noise (were the speakers set on 10 or 20?) wow....

I am very...cautious about movies now...(that silent movie I worry about the trailers for...ugh)

oh well. I do carry ear plugs with me everywhere I go. I call it my 'toolbox'. :)