Making It with Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

After watching the first episode all I can say is, Can Amy and Nick host every reality-based show? I get the same genuine vibe as the hosts of The Great British Baking Show.

Comments

• It was really enjoyable, no stress.
    Nick and Amy were charming. Looking forward to the next one.
  • Utterly charmed by this show- with ALL the daily, if not hourly, horrors on the news (or the latest soul numbing tweet), this is (almost) a perfect antidote...

(even Big Brother seems...dunno, ugh, this seaon- and its usually good for killing a few braincells)
  • I wouldn't miss this show for anything. Parks & Rec was one of my all-time favorite sitcoms, and this has a similar vibe. Also, I love watching people make crafts who really know their medium. I'd like to call myself crafty, but I can't do anything on that kind of scale. I love seeing people take their materials and just go for it. That's how I'd like to see myself with my confectionary business.
  • I just could NEVER get into P&R...but am really loving the ...well, quirky charm of this show...I smell 'pick-up for 2nd season' written ALL over it!
  • After each episode, my husband says something like, "I wish they didn't send a "loser" home. They should just keep everyone, so we can see all that creativity every week, and then whoever has collected the most patches by the end is the winner ... not whoever's left standing."
  • After each episode, my husband says something like, "I wish they didn't send a "loser" home. They should just keep everyone, so we can see all that creativity every week, and then whoever has collected the most patches by the end is the winner ... not whoever's left standing."

love it! maybe next season? (could you imagine a 'losers fight back in' challenge? or 'best of' in 5 seasons? :)

and I like the fact that there is NO 'prize' :)

love it! maybe next season? (could you imagine a 'losers fight back in' challenge? or 'best of' in 5 seasons? :)

That was always my wish for Project Runway too. Give them each a number score (keep it secret). Judging would still be the same, we just wouldn't know for sure until the very end. I know production costs would probably be prohibitive so it's not going to happen. But, I hate to see good designers/crafters go home because they had one bad day.
  • That is such a great idea. I wonder if they do that on competition shows in other countries. It seems very "American" to be cutthroat and eliminate someone every episode to the point where we expect nothing else, like that kind of drama must be built in at all costs. I wonder how these shows (Making It, PR, Top Chef, Great British Baking Show...) would shake out if scores were cumulative through the season. I always feel bad for the first ones eliminated because they clearly had the talent and skill to be there, but maybe the challenge wasn't their forte.

Nick mentions in the opening that the winner gets $100,000, and Amy says "but we're not making a big deal about the cash." I don't think it's been mentioned in the workroom at all. I wonder if the craftestants think that in GBBO style, the patches are the prizes. Then they'll surprise them with the money in the finale.