Project Runway news

I assume everyone has heard the news that Heidi and Tim are leaving Project Runway to develop a series for Amazon. Though many of us mostly gave up on PR years ago, it's still sad to hear of them leaving.

Comments

• Zac Posen is leaving too. I can't wait to see the Amazon series though!
  • Indirectly PR is why/how we all got here. I haven't watched regularly for a while. Don't know if I'll watch the swan song season or not, I'll probably check in, hope they found some interesting contestants. The reboot will be looked in on I'm sure, bit I'll only stick around if they make it about the creativity. I don't have access to streaming so for me it will be auf weidersehen to Tim and Heidi.
  • I am interested to see what the Magical(?)Elves do with the series.
    I did find it of note that Heidi spoke so fondly of the Bunim-Murray crew. They must have developed quite a rapport with Heidi and Tim during the Lifetime years. Interesting to me because I found the Lifetime seasons, especially the last few years so lacking in quality. So many cheesy sponsor tie-ins, and fewer designers who had talent.
  • a bit of follow up news. Tim was in Austin some time ago as an event at Neiman Marcus. He apparently talked a little bit about why he and Heidi left.

He claims that they were were expected to take a big pay cut if they wanted to be included in the show when it starts again at Bravo. He says they were demanding a 60% reduction. Now regardless what the actual percentage was, a pay cut is a more than understandable reason that they decided to bail. They probably wanted Posen to take a reduction as well
  • Frank_821 said:

a bit of follow up news. Tim was in Austin some time ago as an event at Neiman Marcus. He apparently talked a little bit about why he and Heidi left.

He claims that they were were expected to take a big pay cut if they wanted to be included in the show when it starts again at Bravo. He says they were demanding a 60% reduction. Now regardless what the actual percentage was, a pay cut is a more than understandable reason that they decided to bail. They probably wanted Posen to take a reduction as well

That would be a reason to bail.