May We See Photos of Things You've Made?

Whether you sewed it, embroidered it, knitted it, cooked it, etc.....if you made it, let's see some photos!

Comments

• Sure!

Blueberry croissant bread and butter pudding:
  • Damn, @foodycatalicia, that's a work of art AND deliciousness!

• @foodycatAlicia, I've visited your blog and ALL of the food is gorgeously photographed and looks delish.
  • Thanks! That one is a good recipe. Ridiculously decadent, but worth it for a treat.
  • edited February 2015
    @foodycatalicia   We need a quick tutorial on how to paste photos!  Trying to paste the first communion dress I made for my niece.

• I haven't made anything. Just not that creative. However my uncle made me the most gorgeous hand painted Sankofa bird handbag. I'm going to try and take some photos to show it off. It is beautiful and I am extremely proud of him. 
  • @GinnyThePainter you need to paste the URL of the image into the insert image window. I do it from photobucket or my blog, and I am not 100% sure how to do it from other image hosting sites!
  • edited February 2015
    See, I tried that and all I got was a little photo icon instead of the actual photo.  Maybe the pic is too large?  Here's the url for the photo of the first communion dress I made for my little niece a few years ago:

• edited February 2015
    Cute! It worked when I did it. Did you definitely delete the http: that is already in the window when you pasted?

Made this for my granddaughter - she loves pink!

And this for my granddaughter

I also make a killer lemon meringue pie.
  • @spankymcstupid  I'm just seeing the icons and not the pics.

@foodycatalicia  Thanks for fixing my photo.  My niece is now 12, but what I remember about her then (at age 7) is what a little fashionista she was.  Had to have gloves, which I didn't make and a veil, which I did make.  Took her to the fabric store to pick out materials for another outfit and she declared every fabric "not my style."  She later told me that she thought we might have to go to New York to find her style.
  • @GinnyThePainter she sounds like a handful! That's so funny!
  • Here's a blanket I designed and knitted. I'm still hand sewing a backing for it.image

I'm also just seeing the icon.
  • edited February 2015
    Well, dayam!  I don't know how to post pictures on this forum as they show up on my screen.  I cut out the first url - maybe someone more smarter than I can help out.  (Good thing I didn't post any nekkid pictures of me, right?  LOL!)
  • @SpankyMcStupid is the place where they are hosted members only or password protected?
  • It's password protected but I opened the images in a new tab - does that make a difference?
  • No - if I right click and open the image in a new tab it asks me to log in to another forum.
  • edited February 2015
    Poop!  I'll figure it out yet.

Let me know if you can see this picture of lemon meringue

• I'd love to, but I also can't figure out how to post pics that are saved to my computer, as they don't have an URL. :-(
  • Lemon meringue! Beautiful @SpankyMcStupid
  • My latest finished object, a Topography Kerchief:

Jane Richmond's Mitten Cuffs: 

My most favorite hat that I wear all the time, Rikke: 

• Two baby quilts: 

One of my favorites. The chevrons are made from outgrown clothes from other littles in the family.

This one is a rainbow quilt for a rainbow baby (born after a loss). I don't love how it turned out, to be honest - color and pattern matching is just so hard for me.

And this is probably my biggest recent sewing triumph. I found a pin of a chair/mattress in this style and reverse-engineered it.  It folds out from a chair to a flat sleepover mattress. My two boys love it.

• I'd love to, but I also can't figure out how to post pics that are saved to my computer, as they don't have an URL. :-(
    You can create a free account at tinypic or photobucket. Upload the pics there and the site will provide a URL for posting.
  • edited February 2015
    Navy Sankofa Bag made by my Uncle.

1. Sankofa is a word in the Akan language of Ghana that translates as "reach back and get it" (san - to return; ko - to go; fa - to fetch, to seek and take) and also refers to the Asante Adinkra symbol represented either by a bird with its head turned backwards taking an egg off its back, or as a stylised heart shape.
  • @Milaxx ;

THAT IS GORGEOUS! Love the look, colors, and stitching. Your uncle is an artist!
  • Milaxx said:
    I'd love to, but I also can't figure out how to post pics that are saved to my computer, as they don't have an URL. :-(
    You can create a free account at tinypic or photobucket. Upload the pics there and the site will provide a URL for posting.
    You can also do it via pinterest:

1. If you don't already have it pinned, use the "Add Pin" button, and select "from my device".
    2. Navigate to the photo you want, pin it, and then open the pin
    3. Right click on the image, and select "view image"
    4. Copy the URL in the address bar. It should end with .jpg
    5. In your bitterkittens.com comment box, click the little picture, then paste your URL and hit submit
  • This is a painting I did for my mother one year for Christmas. She'd been eyeing a print at Disneyland that was a meadow of poppies and lupines with a picnic blanket spread out and a bottle of wine... she balked when she found out what the price was so I decided to one for her. It's just the poppies and lupines and when I told her I was doing a painting for her she balked at that, too. (I'm something of a Fauvist and she isn't a fan of that style.) She reminded me that she did have a specific style she liked and I told her I was pretty certain I could give her something she'd love that was still me.

The picture isn't the best, sadly, I'm going to try and get a clearer shot but here it is all the same:

• Didn't really "make" this, but this is a paper towel holder I use to store my bulkier bracelets and some of the dangly earrings:

My mom's pho recipe:

Sukiyaki:
  • Pafuchi said:
    @Milaxx ;

THAT IS GORGEOUS! Love the look, colors, and stitching. Your uncle is an artist!
    I will pass that on. I love this bag so much I want to carry it everywhere.
  • Dandesun  Your painting is beautiful, amazing colors! I see your Fauvist eye at work here, but you captured the real colors of the spring California hills. Reminds me exactly of driving through the Tejon Pass near Gorman...wow!  I'll bet it's all about to bloom like that right about now, too. You've made me want to take a road trip!

I hope your mom loves it, she has a very talented daughter.