Dear Kitteh...

Comments

• Dear Urchin,

I know having long hair makes it hard to know what is going on with your nethers sometimes, but please check your bum for dead slugs before you come into the house, and then I won't have to chase you with a flea comb.

xA
  • Dear Daniel,
    I know you don't like your dietary regimen but the vet wants you to eat canned food and I think the 50/50 dry/canned is fair and you are at your ideal weight.
    Dragging the bag of crunchy food over your food bowls while I am sleeping was a dramatic statement but it won't change anything. The delicately perforated corners were a delightful touch but our goal is to prevent discomfort and further surgery.
    I love and adore you, you rascal.
    Grazi, your minion
  • Dear Daniel, I like it very much when you decide to sleep on my bed. That you announce your intentions with meowing is acceptable. I wish when you decided to jump over my head from back to front you'd put a little more umph in it so I wouldn't have had a big faceful of fluffy cat butt.

Your devoted groomer,
    Grazi
  • Dear Whiskers, I don't suppose I could convince you to do your butt scooting on the tile rather than the carpet? I realize that feeling less than fresh and clean after a good satisfying poop is not pleasant, what with those pesky dingleberries. But honestly, dear kitteh, having to clean a brown skid mark isn't exactly fun either.

Your hopeful servant,
    Anniebets
  • edited September 2015
    Dear Linus,

I know you love your catnip. I love to make you happy and high and roll-y and purr-y but sometimes you reach a level of intoxication that makes you forget where your litter box is and so you're peeing on the carpet. That just ain't right.

Even Keith Richards had to give up the junk, Linus, and you're no Keith Richards. You're not even the kitty version of him. You should know this based on the amount of Rolling Stones/Keith related movies/bios we watch together.

So you're getting a serious cut back on the 'nip until we know you can find the proper place to pee while high.

Your High Priestess,
    Dande
  • Dear Murray,
    Yes, the terrifying monster that just made you run full speed through the house really was your tail.

I promise.

Love and snuggles,
    Allie
  • Dear Urchin,

I know you know we are going out. You are very clever. But for fucks' sake, get off the garage roof before I have a stroke.
  • Dear Daniel, I know you don't like your dietary regimen but the vet wants you to eat canned food and I think the 50/50 dry/canned is fair and you are at your ideal weight. Dragging the bag of crunchy food over your food bowls while I am sleeping was a dramatic statement but it won't change anything. The delicately perforated corners were a delightful touch but our goal is to prevent discomfort and further surgery. I love and adore you, you rascal. Grazi, your minion
    @GraziDiMenti ;  When are we going to get to see a pic of your Daniel?!  Please...? 
  • Dear Beef Wellington, Esq. III:

This evening, while I was watching a particularly poignant Doctor Who (Last Christmas) and you reached up and patted me on the shoulder in that way you have--I am sorry I started to cry. But, you're my best friend and the fact that you were trying to comfort me was touching. I know you really just wanted me to give you cookies (pounce treats) but still. The gesture was appreciated. Also, please stop peeing in the bathtub.
  • MothraVA said:
    Dear Beef Wellington, Esq. III:

This evening, while I was watching a particularly poignant Doctor Who (Last Christmas) and you reached up and patted me on the shoulder in that way you have--I am sorry I started to cry. But, you're my best friend and the fact that you were trying to comfort me was touching. I know you really just wanted me to give you cookies (pounce treats) but still. The gesture was appreciated. Also, please stop peeing in the bathtub.
    Aaawwwwwww.....
  • Dear Ciaran,

I know that Momma was gone for 2 darks and you had other minions to take care of you.
    But do you have to sit on my laptop keyboard when all I want to do is binge watch "How to get Away with Murder?" on Netflix.
    You have already been brushed 3 times, and the litter box has been scooped.  
    I promise to buy more bird seed so Birdie TV will be back on later.

Love.
    Momma
  • Dear James,

I know that you were named after Rick James, but this does not mean you need to continue to practice utilizing your vocal chords at all hours of the day and night.  We heard you the first 50 times.  

Also, I'm aware that you enjoy being an indoor/outdoor cat.  That's cool.  I'm all for it.  But your people would appreciate it if you would pick one of those options during people sleepy time.  And yes, we heard you the first 50 times.

Yes, the dog wants to chase you and generally be a big over-excited nuisance.  And I know that you're not a big fan of this.  Please give her a good nose swipe when she annoys you.  You have very sharp claws that you spend hours honing while tearing up our decking boards.  I guarantee that the dog will not bug you any more if she knows that you can cause pain.  Trust me on this one.

PS- you're adorable!

• Dear Urchin,

You weigh 4kg. I weigh at least twice that... so WHY do you get 2/3 of the bed?
  • Why do we spell kitten with an h on this thread?
  • Why do we spell kitten with an h on this thread?
    It's playful Cute Overload-speak.  "A kitteh is a bebeh cat."  (Kind of like the sound of kitt-ay.)
  • Dear Margaux,

I realize you are new to our home and that it has been an adjustment to be a 12 year old cat uprooted from her cozy previous abode. Please stop chewing on the elephant ear philodendron. I have learned that these are poisonous to cats, and I do not relish the idea of having a cat's stomach pumped. Now that you have discovered the joy of destroying large paper bags, I hope you will stick to them instead of plants. 

Your loving new hoomins
  • @Qitkat ; A new kitteh? Congratulations! I hope we'll get to welcome her to the Pet's Lounge soon!
  • @Zoeg  Thanks! I've been trying to get a decent picture of her,  but she's been very shy, since she came to live here, it's only been about a month. I'll put one up soon on the Pet's Lounge, and tell her story. 
  • @Qitkat!  This is fantastic news!  I am going to hold my breath until you post a photo of Margaux – even an animal-ish-shaped blur is fine – and tell us all about her. :)  I do recall your saying once that it’s been a while since you'd lost your beloved Quigley, and that maybe it was time…

I'm especially glad about Margaux (such a beautiful name) because we know there have been some intense things going on in your life recently.  Hope she's a warm, sweet ray of light and kitty-love for you and your family.
  • edited December 2015
    Dear Kitteh,
    Daniel it was very sweet that you jumped up onto the edge of the sink while I brushed my teeth, and stuck your fluffy feet with their delicate pink toe beans under the running faucet, it was sort of gross that you then hopped into your catbox, then trotted into the kitchen for a little nosh, please reconsider the sequence. Your devoted cook and bottle washer, Grazi.
    See attached toe bean photoimageimage
  • Dear Murray,
    Yes, Mr. H and I laugh hysterically when you dig around your box of tissue paper for your stuffed fishy toy. Yes, we laugh hysterically when you take a running start and dive into the box from across the living room.

No, we do not think it's funny when you treat the bed like your tissue paper box and US like the fishy.
  • Dear Urchin,

I appreciate that being nosy is a cat's prerogative, but you *will* pull that yoga mat on top of yourself and you will be sorry.
  • The thing about the cat marshmallows is they look SO SAD when they melt. I couldn't eat melted kitty face.
  • The thing about the cat marshmallows is they look SO SAD when they melt. I couldn't eat melted kitty face.

I liked the little cat feet sponges.
    I never even thought of that but I definitely won't be buying them now.  Not that I really intended upon it; I don't drink coffee and prefer sugar in my tea.
  • edited January 2016

Those marshmallows are sold outside of Japan now?  I remember reading that the company occasionally makes an all-white cat – just a single one – and it's considered a great prize for the person who gets it, like winning the lottery or something. :)

BTW, I was expecting to see Cat Jenga included there!  Love all the different poses: http://www.coolthings.com/cat-jenga-stackable-wooden-toy/

• edited May 2016
    Dear Daniel, you can beg and plead, but I will not let you eat Marcelo's food. When you grow opposible thumbs and earn an income you can eat whatever you like.  image
    She who is in charge of the pursestrings,
    Grazi
  • How CAN you say no to that face?!