What is grumpy-ing you out today?

Comments

• Milaxx said:

yeah i'm fine. trying to remember to take time out of each day to just breathe. getting back to the gym has helped

YAY! Good :)
  • I went to Ulta today and all the No7 mascaras had their hygienic seals broken, grrrrrrrrrr.
  • I went to Ulta today and all the No7 mascaras had their hygienic seals broken, grrrrrrrrrr.

YUCK!!!!
  • My Dear fellow BK's; I need your emotional support: Gigi Hadid's visa to China was denied, so she won't be in tonight's Victoria's Secret "Fashion" Show. I just don't know if I can handle such heart-wrenching despair. :)
  • edited November 2017
    I hate Cyber Monday. My inbox is absolutely inundated with begging emails. One actually says, "We will be reminding you throughout the day about this special giving day . . ." They are getting nothing except a response telling them that they lost a donation because of their multiple emails.

Leave me alone, please!
  • Last night I got an email from the condo association director because I haven't paid my condo fees. Reasons? No child support in over a year, mortgage went up by $200 a month because the mortgage company didn't charge me enough in property taxes, and some expensive car repairs. So I spent part of this morning listing some things on Craigslist and when I get home tonight, I'm going to list more. Also, something is wrong with my washing machine - it's not spinning out all the water. It's a fairly new machine, so I'm hoping something is just clogged and not broken. The water drains, but the clothes were sopping wet last night. I'm so very tired of being broke all the time. I'd sell my condo and rent, but rents are even more expensive than my mortgage.
  • nolakent said:

My Dear fellow BK's; I need your emotional support: Gigi Hadid's visa to China was denied, so she won't be in tonight's Victoria's Secret "Fashion" Show. I just don't know if I can handle such heart-wrenching despair. :)

There there. There there.
  • Last night I got an email from the condo association director because I haven't paid my condo fees. Reasons? No child support in over a year, mortgage went up by $200 a month because the mortgage company didn't charge me enough in property taxes, and some expensive car repairs. So I spent part of this morning listing some things on Craigslist and when I get home tonight, I'm going to list more. Also, something is wrong with my washing machine - it's not spinning out all the water. It's a fairly new machine, so I'm hoping something is just clogged and not broken. The water drains, but the clothes were sopping wet last night. I'm so very tired of being broke all the time. I'd sell my condo and rent, but rents are even more expensive than my mortgage.

Yeah don't give up the condo; I've had a few friends who did that and none of them were pleased with that choice after a year or two.

I'm sorry things are so rough :( Sending good vibes your way!

I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult time. There are times, of course, when random crap happens, but the nonpayment of child support is reprehensible. It sounds like you are making good decisions to try to get by, and hopefully the washer is an easy fix (hopefully under warranty as well). Hang in there.
  • nolakent said:

I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult time. There are times, of course, when random crap happens, but the nonpayment of child support is reprehensible. It sounds like you are making good decisions to try to get by, and hopefully the washer is an easy fix (hopefully under warranty as well). Hang in there.

Thanks. Yeah, the girls' dad is a waste of air. He hasn't even spoken to them in a year and a half. I looked at the washer last night but I need to pull it away from the wall to check for clogs. On the up side, I remembered that I had a savings account with a few hundred dollars in it, so I'm putting that towards the condo fees that are in arrears.

• I work in a self-described upscale kitchen store, we are selling an item called a champbong. I thought I'd died and gone to Spencer's Gifts
  • How utterly vulgar.

... and I actually said that completely sincerely. It sounds terrible!
  • I work in a self-described upscale kitchen store, we are selling an item called a champbong. I thought I'd died and gone to Spencer's Gifts

Oy. What a way to ruin good champagne: http://www.chambong.co/about/ Though I suppose if you're stuck with Korbel, it might be an improvement.
  • Lilithcat said:

I work in a self-described upscale kitchen store, we are selling an item called a champbong. I thought I'd died and gone to Spencer's Gifts

Oy. What a way to ruin good champagne: http://www.chambong.co/about/ Though I suppose if you're stuck with Korbel, it might be an improvement.
    It's just so tacky, as far as I can tell none have actually been bought.
  • My nutritionist has UPPED my calorie/protein goals. ugh. I *must* stop losing weight. (I hit my goal weight yesterday..). Ugh Ugh Ugh. I do not WANT to eat dammit.
  • My nutritionist has UPPED my calorie/protein goals. ugh. I *must* stop losing weight. (I hit my goal weight yesterday..). Ugh Ugh Ugh. I do not WANT to eat dammit.

That is fabulous! Congratulations on hitting your goal - even though it's been a real struggle. And just in time for egg nog and fruit cake!
    >kidding about the fruit cake<
    >sort of<

I've got 60 pounds you can have that I need to get rid of.
  • I've got some too that I'd be happy to donate!
  • Lilithcat said:

I work in a self-described upscale kitchen store, we are selling an item called a champbong. I thought I'd died and gone to Spencer's Gifts

It's just so tacky, as far as I can tell none have actually been bought.
    Someone put two on hold and missed seeing the buyers, curses
  • Woke up without heat. It's a bit brisk!
  • My wallet was stolen today. I got an alert from Amex while I was out, and came home to half a dozen calls from credit card companies and banks. At least they were all on the case! Someone was trying to make very large charges at Macy's, where I never shop. So I've been on the phone and online for a couple of hours, cancelling credit cards, getting replacement medical cards, etc., etc. And, of course, it's a holiday weekend which means I can't go in for a new DL until Tuesday.

What a pain!
  • I have recently started dating someone, well, I think/thought? wonderful....

(back story). I had WLS surgery this year, have lost 200+ lbs (175 in 8 months). I have always felt invisible/ugly. Then I get a note from a guy I have seen on FB many times... (but thought "I am *not* in his league), he invites me to coffee (his nickname, for me, is 'coffee bear'). Fascinating guy...a chef (former here). 2 sons, 4 grandsons (all great relationships). A great dog (have yet to meet her). He is 'in recovery' (as am I, different things) but there is a healthy flow of 'your recovery is sacrosanct' I didn't think I would live to see 55 (I knew I would die very alone. We meet for coffee at "Bearbucks". Yep, I am smitten, think he may be as well (hell, we havn't even slept together (yet)!)

Then this pops in. I am still....floored.
    I learn more & more. His ex (of 24!) years dumped him last Dec (coffee-bear survived cancer last year), his ex-wife died last year (married 12 years). Etc. In recovery 11 years.

He went 'back home' for the holidays. We chatted/texted/msgrd every day. Sounded pretty wild (ugh). 30?40?50? slovenians in one house...crazy/wild. (food & drink, Stressors 101). Oh, his parents died when he was young. 2 or 3 siblings. He was tossed out for being gay (not sure on the wife thing). Anyhow, suddenly...radio silence. not a peep.

I finally say 'Whats Wrong?' (my gut knew something was). Seems there was a 'family blow-up', him vs (someone?), them vs him- he high tailed it back here (12 hour drive). (explains the 'radio-silence'). I get a note telling me the above, that he MUST see his therapist. His disease has kicked in...(He also shared he is 'I am unlovable' speech). I get a note after this basically saying 'I have Bipolar Disorder 1', it killed his last relationship(s). Then the kicker- "You deserve someone better than me. Please just forget about me".

BS. I have been there (atypical severe depression here, hospitalized with it), been killing myself with food for 50 years. Also PTSD (and the other disorder). Disabled.

I've texted him a few times, basically I'm not going anywhere. I can be stubborn too. Am here for you when you are ready. I can 'see' when he has been online on a site (sorry). So this tells me he's alive (hopefully not drinking). Am I nuts? should I walk away? run? My gut says No. There is something there that scares the snot out of both of us (I think). We are both quite damaged (he doesn't know all my back history as well).

I am willing to wait, um...should I? Been 48 hours. We had talked about going to 'a midnight meeting' for NYE (this is new for me, I basically stay home, SAFE and hide on NYE) but might be nice to...step out of my comfort zone (hell dating is new for me...I basically shut down a few years ago (weight + depression + comorbidities (t2 diabetes, etc). I care a LOT about this guy, but am I am opening myself up (I have a LOT of armor folks, or did, 200 lbs of it..GONE). This scares the crap out of me. Never allowed anyone to get (this) close.

Now been 5 days....sigh.

Sorry for the rambling. thanks.
  • @largishbearishAtlish -

Here's what I think. Don't push things too hard. As you say, you're new to dating. So baby steps, take it easy. You've let him know you're there for him. Check in occasionally, "how are you", etc. but be careful not to put too much pressure on him. Considering his history, he's probably a bit skittish. You don't want to scare him off.

Hang in there. If it's meant to be, it will be.

• Lilithcat said:

@largishbearishAtlish -

Here's what I think. Don't push things too hard. As you say, you're new to dating. So baby steps, take it easy. You've let him know you're there for him. Check in occasionally, "how are you", etc. but be careful not to put too much pressure on him. Considering his history, he's probably a bit skittish. You don't want to scare him off.

Hang in there. If it's meant to be, it will be.

thanks but easier said than done... sigh. I also realize that 'this' (whatever 'this' is) must scare the hell out of him...

Also, I am miserable. I am NOT making my protein, calorie, hydration goals. I have ZERO appetite. I do not want to eat... Forcing myself to eat. (and eating, well, CRAP to get calories in...so very very frustrated (okay, angry). Still very weak... (and the cold weather is not helping...ugh). I *stay* cold (thank god/s for these wonderful longjohns- I LOVE them!!!

Would kill to just hold hands with Coffee-Bear...I miss him. (ugh, that sounded so sappy...).
  • Not sappy - sweet! I don't think you are nuts, I think at this point you have done what you can and should just step back. Maybe message him tomorrow and say you'll be thinking of him at midnight even if he isn't with you and then just leave it until he gets his head into a better space.
  • I.T.

I wish I could get paid to tell people, "Try unplugging it and plugging it back in again."
  • Anna_P said:

I.T.

I wish I could get paid to tell people, "Try unplugging it and plugging it back in again."

Our computer guru does get paid to occasionally tell us that.
  • I found out I'm priced out of Medicaid this year and will now have to pay more for worse coverage. Wonderful.
  • I'm a substitute teacher right now and we're on this new online&telephone system to help make it "easier" for subs and teachers to see what work is available blah blah blah.

I've confirmed (on the phone system and the online portal) that I have a job today and another tomorrow. My job today is a half-day and I went to bed thrilling I'd get to sleep myself out and maybe stave off the chest cold I'm afraid is coming.

PHONE SYSTEM CALLED ME AT 5 AM and then my goddamn phone went dark (didn't hang up, but darkened the screen) so I couldn't enter my ID and they hung up on me, so I went to sleep again, fuming that they'd call me about a Thursday job at 5 am on Tuesday. THE PHONE SYSTEM CALLED ME AGAIN AT 6 AM, this time I managed to enter the system...and the job was for today.

I need to write a bitchy email to whoever is in charge about improving their goddamn coding, because it's an abomination I was bombarded with phone calls at ugly hours when I'm not well and I *already am scheduled anyway*.
  • I went to the ER near work last Tuesday with really severe abdominal pain that had been going on for over 90 minutes. But by the time I saw a doctor, the pain was down to about a 2 from a 7 or 8. So after hours sitting in the room for lab results, they told me I *might* have a UTI or it *might* be gas. Here's a prescription for an antibiotic, we really don't know what's causing the pain, go home.

Sunday I woke up at 4 with pain which was probably a 4, woke up again at 5:30, pain is probably a 6 or 7. Thinking it's gas, I try some yoga poses, try standing, laying, sitting - nothing helped. By 7:30, we're up to 7 or 8, so I called 911, threw on shoes and my coat and grabbed my purse. A fire engine and ambulance was pulling up as I got myself down from my 2nd floor apt. (So that part is great, thank you Chicago Fire Department!). Every bounce in the ambulance felt like I was being stabbed in the gut. They took me to the hospital closest to my home. The 1st hospital didn't do any imaging, turns out I had a kidney stone, some sort of rupture and an infection. REALLY not happy the 1st hospital missed the diagnosis.

I had to have a stent put in to help it pass (hasn't yet) so I need to stay really close to a bathroom. Once the urge hits, I've got about 2 minutes to get there. Of course they have me on tons of fluids, so I have to go ALL the time. Sometimes every 15 minutes.