What is grumpy-ing you out today?

1187188189190191193»

Comments

• I went to the ER near work last Tuesday with really severe abdominal pain that had been going on for over 90 minutes. But by the time I saw a doctor, the pain was down to about a 2 from a 7 or 8. So after hours sitting in the room for lab results, they told me I *might* have a UTI or it *might* be gas. Here's a prescription for an antibiotic, we really don't know what's causing the pain, go home.

Sunday I woke up at 4 with pain which was probably a 4, woke up again at 5:30, pain is probably a 6 or 7. Thinking it's gas, I try some yoga poses, try standing, laying, sitting - nothing helped. By 7:30, we're up to 7 or 8, so I called 911, threw on shoes and my coat and grabbed my purse. A fire engine and ambulance was pulling up as I got myself down from my 2nd floor apt. (So that part is great, thank you Chicago Fire Department!). Every bounce in the ambulance felt like I was being stabbed in the gut. They took me to the hospital closest to my home. The 1st hospital didn't do any imaging, turns out I had a kidney stone, some sort of rupture and an infection. REALLY not happy the 1st hospital missed the diagnosis.

I had to have a stent put in to help it pass (hasn't yet) so I need to stay really close to a bathroom. Once the urge hits, I've got about 2 minutes to get there. Of course they have me on tons of fluids, so I have to go ALL the time. Sometimes every 15 minutes.

So sorry you're going through this. Take care of yourself
  • Thank you!
  • This is far more than just grumping me out. It actually is something I have cried over several times.
    I'm currently in a dilemma with one of my sons whose wife has filed for divorce. It probably deserves its own thread, but I am in uncharted territory here and don't really feel great about how to lay out the whole sad story. She is just being so bitter and nasty to my son, and there is so much we don't understand, nearly 13 years of marriage and two boys, ages 8 ½ and 11. Who don't yet know that their parents are divorcing, but know something is up as they are doing the 5-2-2-5 living at the house thing, which I had never heard of.
  • @knitgirl17
    Wow, that is a lot of pain and, and you must so frustrated at the original medical folks. I hope you are feeling better by now.
  • Qitkat said:

@knitgirl17
    Wow, that is a lot of pain and, and you must so frustrated at the original medical folks. I hope you are feeling better by now.

I am frustrated. Haven't gotten a bill yet from that ER for the copay - it's $250 if you're not admitted. I'll fight it since I was admitted for the same issue. I have to go in tomorrow to get the stent and stone removed, that's an out-patient procedure. I haven't been in pain, but I've been tied to the bathroom. Going to work, but peeing every 45 minutes. A couple of nights I got up 5 or 6 times! That said, I have a friend going through a major life altering medical issue, so I really can't complain.
  • I wish it were tomorrow, it's Monday.
  • Qitkat said:

This is far more than just grumping me out. It actually is something I have cried over several times.
    I'm currently in a dilemma with one of my sons whose wife has filed for divorce. It probably deserves its own thread, but I am in uncharted territory here and don't really feel great about how to lay out the whole sad story. She is just being so bitter and nasty to my son, and there is so much we don't understand, nearly 13 years of marriage and two boys, ages 8 ½ and 11. Who don't yet know that their parents are divorcing, but know something is up as they are doing the 5-2-2-5 living at the house thing, which I had never heard of.

I'm so sorry :( Divorce can go so bad. I like to laugh at Gwennie P, but she & her husband took the high road & now are friends, so good on them. I don't have anything wise to say.
  • I came here just to ask for a pity party because everything I have touched or tried to do today has gone to $hit - then I read other posts and realize, ok, ok, not so bad. So, I'm just going to try to let the bad go and say a little prayer for healed marriages and relief from pain (and that was just on page 193!). Do you ever feel like at the very moment you resolve to fix something in your life, little demons conspire to throw you right off the right track? That's me today!!
  • I came here just to ask for a pity party because everything I have touched or tried to do today has gone to $hit - then I read other posts and realize, ok, ok, not so bad. So, I'm just going to try to let the bad go and say a little prayer for healed marriages and relief from pain (and that was just on page 193!). Do you ever feel like at the very moment you resolve to fix something in your life, little demons conspire to throw you right off the right track? That's me today!!

(bear) HUGS (of course lol)

ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY! I've been working on my finances, and due to the above hospitalization, I am another $4500 in the hole. I made less last year than the year before, and probably will make even less this year. No OT, and I get a monthly bonus based on volume that is out of my control. I'm about 10 years from retirement IF I can afford to retire. Right now just hoping I can stay employed.
  • Back in March I interviewed for a job that I would absolutely LOVE to have. The interview went really well and I was told that they would contact me in within two weeks with a decision. I went home, sent them a thank you note, then put the whole thing out of my mind. Two weeks pass and one of the directors I interviewed with sent me an email stating that the job has been put on hold for a month and "Thank you so much for your patience!". OK, no problem. A month passes and I get another email from her today telling me that the job has been put "on hold" again.

I realize things happen, and I appreciate the fact that she's keeping me informed of the situation, but it probably would have been a good idea to make sure that they were actually ready to hire someone before they even started the interview process. And if the case is that I'm not exactly what they're looking for and they're interviewing other people, then why not just say so?

Not full on grumpy here, maybe a bit miffed mixed with a touch of disappointment and exasperation.
  • Back in March I interviewed for a job that I would absolutely LOVE to have. The interview went really well and I was told that they would contact me in within two weeks with a decision. I went home, sent them a thank you note, then put the whole thing out of my mind. Two weeks pass and one of the directors I interviewed with sent me an email stating that the job has been put on hold for a month and "Thank you so much for your patience!". OK, no problem. A month passes and I get another email from her today telling me that the job has been put "on hold" again.

I realize things happen, and I appreciate the fact that she's keeping me informed of the situation, but it probably would have been a good idea to make sure that they were actually ready to hire someone before they even started the interview process. And if the case is that I'm not exactly what they're looking for and they're interviewing other people, then why not just say so?

Not full on grumpy here, maybe a bit miffed mixed with a touch of disappointment and exasperation.

That's annoying. It's hard to get your hopes up for something like that and then be stuck in limbo for so long.
  • edited May 3

Back in March I interviewed for a job that I would absolutely LOVE to have. The interview went really well and I was told that they would contact me in within two weeks with a decision. I went home, sent them a thank you note, then put the whole thing out of my mind. Two weeks pass and one of the directors I interviewed with sent me an email stating that the job has been put on hold for a month and "Thank you so much for your patience!". OK, no problem. A month passes and I get another email from her today telling me that the job has been put "on hold" again.

That's annoying. It's hard to get your hopes up for something like that and then be stuck in limbo for so long.
    Another thing that makes this particularly annoying is they contacted me to set up an in-person interview just a few days after I sent them my resume. In my experience that's an incredibly fast turnaround, so I assumed they were motivated and prepared to get the position filled.

Oh well, the job search continues.
  • edited May 4

A lot like on-line dating in that regard. Just when you think you've made some real progress.... you hit the big stall, the slow fade. All you can do is move on.

The only consolation is that if they treat their good job applicants (or potential personal relationships) that way, they're not worth it, and best to find out sooner rather than later. At least these folks made an effort to keep you apprised of their situation - so maybe down the road something positive might happen. Good luck!

• Thank you, Eveeve! I have a phone interview for another job next week. It's a highly competitive position though so my chances are pretty slim, but it's nice to be considered.

• Well here's an uncomfortable follow up to my original grump. I just happened to be temporarily covering the front desk at work today when the director with whom I had interviewed for that dream position walked off the elevator. She stopped in for a meeting with my employer's Women's Leadership Director. Talk about AWKWARD.