The Pets of the Lounge

Comments

• @Twigg Such a beautiful picture of all your (and your parents') cats! I have a dog (Marley) and a cat (Tripod) already, but am thinking of adopting a muted grey and ginger tortie named Turtledove. She actually coos when she purrs!
  • @foodycatAlicia @lundibleu @KinoEye @Twigg ; Well whatever results in a ginger cat, I'm all for it!  I love all cats, but gingers especially.

@wontons I've had male gingers, and I would say they were more feisty than sweet, but still affectionate.  My current female ginger is very laid back and extremely affectionate...definitely the sweetest cat I've ever had of any color.
  • edited February 2015
    I don't have a kitty, but I do have a chinchilla name Norma Jeane:

• Aw, Norma Jeane is precious! I love chinchillas.
  • Cutie! I've never met a chinchilla!
  • edited February 2015
    Tried to share an image but failed, carry on.
  • @JocastaDeVilleneuve @foodycatAlicia

Thank you!  She has quite the personality.  She makes a lovely companion!  :-)
  • edited February 2015
    OH MY GOD Y'ALL. EVERYONE'S PETS ARE ADORABLE. HELL YES I'M YELLING IT IS TOO CUTE AAAAARRGH!!!!

• This is a baby picture of my Lily just before I adopted her. She's 9 now, which makes me...how about we go with the same age I was 9 years ago?

Here are my fuzzy family, clockwise from top: Mandy (7), Clyde Pig (6), T'Challa (2.5) and Jasper (16). 
  • edited February 2015
    @Kinoeye, my ginger is...not so smart either. @foodycatAlicia: your Urchin is beautiful! So glad to see him! @KittonMittons: shut UP that puppy is too much! @Shibori_Girl: beauties! @RussellH88 those are some soulful eyes :)
  • @sarah this can't be the first time you've seen Urchin? I put pics of her all over the place! Mind you, that's a pretty HD pic...
  • edited February 2015
    @foodycatAlicia Seems to be the first time I remember seeing her, but I might be wrong. My 'ol Jasper is half Maine Coon, as you can see by his general fluffitude. 
  •  We have 5 cats, and this is the old lady of the bunch-- Gypsy at 16 years old, a Maine Coon girl who is happiest splashing around in her water dish (which is the largest fountain we could find).

• edited February 2015
    I have a three year old French Mastiff named Beasley. He's giant and cuddly and amazing. 
  • @ashtangajunkie. I have always wanted a mastiff! Beautiful.
  • @KittenMittons - Thank you! Your dogger is a cutie too. Is there corgi in him? I can't tell from the photo.
  • @ashtangajunkie He's part pomeranian, part chihuahua. 100% hyper, 100% bark, 0% bite.
  • edited February 2015
    Aww everyone has such adorable pets! Here's my Dottie, she's ~3 years old and I adopted her from a rescue last summer.
  • My picture is of my new husky puppy named Ivy. She's 9 weeks old, and we think she's adorable. We also have two miniature schnauzers, named Smokey and Murphy who are 8 & 12 years old. They will not yet pose with the puppy.

• @KittenMittons Little dog attitude is hilarious!
  • @alyssaj Ivy is so damn cute!
  • edited February 2015
    Whoa, this is quite the parade of gorgeous and adorable pets! @foodycatAlicia Urchin is a stunner! @semirose is your Dottie perchance curled up on an exploding TARDIS blanket?

We've got a full blown menagerie. Three cats, an old grumpy Australian Shepherd (Maisy), and a flock of 11 hens. In the interest of brevity I'll stick to the cats for now since they basically run the house anyway.
    The old gentleman, Rorschach. At 11 years old he has nothing but contempt for the new kittens.

Next up, Little Owl, who was named by our 5 year old when we adopted him this Summer. He is GIGANTIC and floppy and polydactyl.

And finally, Marwood, the teensy silver tabby we adopted at Thanksgiving after losing another beloved older cat (RIP, Ham). He has proven to be just the hilarious salve we all needed.

Little Owl and Marwood, True Love Forever.
  • edited February 2015
    @foodycatAlicia -- holy crap, your cat is GORGEOUS! That video is amazing.

@Twigg -- I'm in love with your pile of cats.

@RussellH88 -- that dog looks WAY too knowing.

Here's my kitties -- they're brothers, will be 4 in May. I took this picture this morning:

Milo (the black one) gave me quite a scare over the weekend, but I got reassurance from the vet today that he's doing okay now. :)

One more photoset:

• Aw, our old kitties were brothers too (twin boys of one of our cousins' twin sister cats)! Sadly, I have no digital pics to post of them.

Everyone has such adorable pets here!
  • LOVE every single pic here!  My face is starting to hurt from so much smiling.

@foodycatAlicia, thank you for starting this thread...your Urchin is gorgeous.  

(I’m not on FB, don’t have a photobucket account, but maybe I'll try to figure something out.  We have three white Norwegian Forest Cats — they’re our family!  We’re cray-cray about them.) 
  • Norwegian Forest cats are beautiful! I love seeing everyone's pets, they're all so cute and happy :)
  • Gracie (Psychotic cat) and Zena (Neurotic dog) 
    Best friends that share beds, food, and body heat on cold nights!image