The Pets of the Lounge

Comments

• @stancey Cobalt, Cesium and Radium? I love it! Are you a scientist?
    I wish!  I'm actually an English teacher whose favorite subject was always science.
  • @housefulofboys I love them! Retrievers are so wonderful and yours are just gorgeous.
  • I tried using Facebook and made a photo bucket account and copied the url into the picture frame thingy and nothing works for me and the instructions are very simple and I'm fairly tech savvy so I don't know, I'm baffled.
  • edited February 2015
    @Glam_Dixie Can you copy and paste the url into the message window without the image tags? Someone might be able to help diagnose the problem!
  • @KinoEye, that's so beautiful I'm actually sniffling. I'm such a dork!
    Me too!
  • This is Crash.

Crash! What a great name for a beagle! I grew up with 3 beagles in the house. I never felt lonely with their big, sweet brown eyes looking at me with such love and trust.
  • Gemfemme said:

Crash! What a great name for a beagle! I grew up with 3 beagles in the house. I never felt lonely with their big, sweet brown eyes looking at me with such love and trust.
    When we got him from the shelter, his name was Rocco, which I hated. One of the guys there said casually, "Yeah, when they picked him up from us, his name was Crash. When they returned him, they told us he only responded to Rocco." I was like, "Yeah, right." So there he was, Crash again!

All my friends said that of COURSE a dog that was going to live with me should be named Crash. During the application process, the shelter was calling my friends to ask if we were suitable candidates to adopt a dog. The shelter guy said, "All your friends said the same thing - if they were a dog, they'd want to live at your house!"  :-D
  • KinoEye said:
    This is one of my favorite pet pictures of all time -- when Calvin (right) met Gracie (left). 

That's a lovely pair of pictures. When we still had the cats, they would put up the pretence of merely tolerating the dog's presence, but actually quite enjoyed playing with him... Occasionally he tried to herd them though...

• This is my baby Patches...actually, we are frenemies. Patches is a 13 year old pure bred Shih Tzu we rescued from our favorite shelter...He LOVES me when I let him sunbathe on my bed in a pile of my blankets, or when I give him marshmallows (his favorite treat), but he HATES me when I want to move on my bed or take him out.  This is his FAVORITE jacket...like, I'm not even kidding. He brings this jacket to you when you say, "Let's go outside" because he hates the cold.  He is a great snuggler and a lover of anything heated...heated blankets, heating pads, heated mattress pads. Basically, he's spoiled, but he lived a rough life before we got him (he came to us all matted and malnourished) and was mauled by neighbor's dog a year after we had him, so he deserves all of the kisses and heating pads he can get. 

• edited February 2015
    Somehow I posted this photo twice....I can't see it either time, so I'm not even sure it is working. image
  • edited February 2015
    [URL=http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/audra_robinson1/media/PC120010_zpsipdm4js3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t361/audra_robinson1/PC120010_zpsipdm4js3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This is the url that photobucket is giving me, if someone can figure out what is going on that would be great. When I do it, it just gives me the word image but no image ever shows up. Just like what it's doing in @jacob_daniel 's post.
  • [URL=http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/audra_robinson1/media/PC120010_zpsipdm4js3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t361/audra_robinson1/PC120010_zpsipdm4js3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This is the url that photobucket is giving me, if someone can figure out what is going on that would be great. When I do it, it just gives me the word image but no image ever shows up. Just like what it's doing in @jacob_daniel 's post.
    When I copy & paste http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/audra_robinson1/media/PC120010_zpsipdm4js3.jpg.html I can see your lovely horses, and then if I copy the "Direct" one and paste it into the photo insertion bit it works

• edited February 2015
    I'm pretty sure I tried that, when you say the direct one you mean the longer version that it's giving me when I copy it? I tried the entire url and then I tried shortening it and neither worked for me. I'm going to give it one more try here.image
    Ok, I'm sorry, I still have no idea what's going on. I guess I can't copy and paste? Sorry to bug y'all and thank you!
  • No bother! In photobucket, next to the picture it gives a few options for link formats.

So here, on my slightly random screenshot, you can see it says "Share links" on the right. If you use the one that says "Direct" and copy it into the insert image window, it should work!
  • edited February 2015
    imageMy daughters chihuahua, Maya who has been my avatar for years. I did it! Yay!
  • edited February 2015
    I have a Shih-Tzu puppy, well he's 16months now called Loki. Not a horrid little monster at all! We also have several horses and a boxer called Drexl, but tiny monster is the only one I have pics of at this moment. image

Edit; oh balls the picture isn't posting. Oh well!

This is my girl Edie, saying "hello!" She's an 8 1/2 year-old mutt. Probably chow/lab. Could be sharp pei-lab. Might have some pit bull in her, I don't know. I keep saying I'm going to do a DNA test, but it hasn't happened in the last 8 1/2 years, so... 

And this is Olive the hedgehog. She has the best bitchface of all the bitchfaces. She won't say hello to you. She'll just puff up and hiss because you woke her up WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GO AWAY.

But I love her grumpy ass anyway. :)
  • @Glam_Dixie ; You did it! You give me hope that one day I may actually be able to post picture here.

@amelie_bee ; Edie is a cutie no matter of her make up.  A girl should have a little mystery about her.  And that is one fierce looking hedgehog.  I'm going...

• edited February 2015

• I'll see your adorable hedgehog and raise you one prairie dog. His name is P-Dog of course.image
  • edited February 2015
    @amelie_bee, Edie is such a cutie!  And I've always been curious about hedgehogs, but they're not allowed where I live.

And thanks to everyone else who posted pictures of their beautiful black cats!  I didn't mean any offense when I said they're hard to take a good picture of; I just meant it can be hard to get one where you can make out their faces.  When I first got Coco, in every picture I took of her she just looked like a floating pair of eyes in a featureless void.  I have gotten some cute ones of her since then, although she does make it difficult because her favorite hangout is a black office chair.
  • Aww, nice to see some more unusual pets around (not that the cats and dogs haven't been cuteness personified, but the turtles, horses, prairie dogs, chinchillas and hedgehogs are a lovely addition).
  • I had no idea you could have prairie dogs as pets!
  • Some states don't allow them, some do. We found out after my daughter's boyfriend got him for her that VA is one of the ones that doesn't so he is on the down low, so to speak.
  • harlowish said:
    And thanks to everyone else who posted pictures of their beautiful black cats!  I didn't mean any offense when I said they're hard to take a good picture of; I just meant it can be hard to get one where you can make out their faces.  When I first got Coco, in every picture I took of her she just looked like a floating pair of eyes in a featureless void.  I have gotten some cute ones of her since then, although she does make it difficult because her favorite hangout is a black office chair.
    I for one certainly didn't take offense at it; sorry if it sounded like that.  This is a well known issue especially for the shelters and humane societies.  One where I volunteered always took special efforts to get good pictures of the black dogs and cats to post online and in the papers.  And it did make a difference in the adoption rates.
  • Thanks, @Zoeg and @harlowish! Edie is my sweet monster, even when she tries to shred important tax documents before I've had a chance to file my taxes.

As for owning a hedgehog, it's not as difficult as I thought it would be. There's more to it initially than I realized, but now that we've settled into a routine, it's pretty easy. Mostly Olive wants to be left alone to sleep. It's hilarious how pissed she gets when I have to wake her up to clean up her cage. (Also hilarious--to me, anyway--is how offended Edie gets whenever I get Olive out. She will either move to the end of the bed or flat-out leave the room. Not that Edie is spoiled or anything...)

Glam_Dixie, P-Dog is adorable! I might have to add prairie dogs to my list of off-the-wall pets I'd like to own one day (a de-skunked skunk, a fox, a red panda...)
  • Here is P-Dog popping his head out of the play room sofa. image
  • OK, now I need a prairie dog, a hedgehog, and a horse. God, I'm going to have to buy a house with more land.
  • @RussellH88 ; OHMIGOD SO ADORABLE.  Rotties' eyebrows kill me every time - I would never be able to resist those little brown fuzzies looking up at me. 
  • Here is P-Dog popping his head out of the play room sofa. 

Dang.... Mr P-Dog has some long claws. Do you ever need to groom his claws?