The Pets of the Lounge

Comments

• My husband set up an Instagram account for Blue, if you wish to follow him on along his adventure. @Bluefoundland
  • Huge Bitter Kitten cat snuggles to @Tom and @Lorenzo for the loss of Miss Amalita.
  • edited May 2016
    Huge Bitter Kitten cat snuggles to @Tom and @Lorenzo for the loss of Miss Amalita.
    Aww, how sad!  Goodbye Miss Amalita, thank you for loving the Uncles.
  • I'm so sorry to hear of their loss. Many hugs and lots of love sent to the uncles. 
  • update on the Parvo Quarantine.....12 pups had to be put down, but 8 were saved (and will be adopted)....:(
  • update on the Parvo Quarantine.....12 pups had to be put down, but 8 were saved (and will be adopted)....:(
    @largishbearishAtlish

Bear, I'm glad about the 8 pups that will be okay, but so sorry about the 12 that were lost!   I missed your previous post(s) on this – how long did the quarantine last?
  • The quarantine lasted (I think) 2 days. they basically shut down 2 admission rooms (small dogs) and a nice lady put on scrubs and cleaned everything from top to bottom. BIG sign. DO NOT ENTER. period. Unless told by management.  All the dogs came from (an?) other rescue(s?). not sure if it was just the one rescue(s) or from others (not sure who else was in the rooms. We had to do some shuffling to make sure we had room for other dogs (we have one BIG dog room and a 1/2 big 1/2 small dog room (and a cat room). When I go in I make the 'loop' to see everyone...sigh.

Some of the faces....I think I threatened to give a chihuahua a 'knuckle sandwich' today :) little brat :)
  • Sending condolences to the uncles on the loss of Amalita.

So sad to hear about the pups that were put down, @largishbearishAtlish. I hope the other 8 pups find homes soon. BTW what ever happened to the kitty called Oreo? Adopted, I hope!
  • Zoeg said:
    Sending condolences to the uncles on the loss of Amalita.

So sad to hear about the pups that were put down, @largishbearishAtlish. I hope the other 8 pups find homes soon. BTW what ever happened to the kitty called Oreo? Adopted, I hope!
    Then to make it MORE baffling, then pups that survived were then sent to out OTHER location :(

Oreo is LONG gone! She didn't last a day....thanks for that memory...

Ivy (the so sweet and terrified puppy) who had pneumonia (some wonderful man fostered her and nursed her back to health(!) was adopted, the idiot brought her back (she 'scared grand-ma????') and she was adopted the same day...

I am going in tomorrow- I want to see who is wonderful enough to adopt the blind 14 year old dachshund...:/
  • If I worked at an animal shelter, I would be so screwed when it came to the elderly dogs. I think I'm pretty good about not getting distracted by puppies, but those older dogs. Man. I'd adopt all of them. 
  • Shelby said:
    If I worked at an animal shelter, I would be so screwed when it came to the elderly dogs. I think I'm pretty good about not getting distracted by puppies, but those older dogs. Man. I'd adopt all of them. 
    I am getting a thicker skin...we have had to euthanize a few (but for good reason, bad hips, 5th time trying to bite someone,etc.)

"Sweetpea' got returned (this HUGE bear of a dog with a crooked smile  and a tongue that falls out (lol) we all adore him (her?), A very nice/goofy lady came in- she had a St Bernard who  needed a buddy!!! Took Sweetpea home, and returned him :( seems the St B didn't like him :( THEN came back on the floor and started coughing up blood- we are very concerned. and there is def a 'network' (how is so and so doing? did you hear?!?!? ____- got adopted!) was nice seeing the puppies get adopted but poor sophie had been returned several times...sigh
  • So, I'm sure to no one's surprise, I'm adopting Gracie. The vet is going to work out a payment plan with me for her medical bills, which is really cool of them. She doesn't have Parvo, which is a huge relief. I held her for a really long time today, and told her all about Crash and Sarge, and about my kids, and about how pretty her fur is going to be when it comes in. 

I took her for a walk too. It was awesome.
  • edited May 2016
    class="Quote">
    So, I'm sure to no one's surprise, I'm adopting Gracie. The vet is going to work out a payment plan with me for her medical bills, which is really cool of them. She doesn't have Parvo, which is a huge relief. I held her for a really long time today, and told her all about Crash and Sarge, and about my kids, and about how pretty her fur is going to be when it comes in. 

You are both so lucky to have found each other. <3<3<3 How long before she can come home from the vets?
  • So, I'm sure to no one's surprise, I'm adopting Gracie. The vet is going to work out a payment plan with me for her medical bills, which is really cool of them. She doesn't have Parvo, which is a huge relief. I held her for a really long time today, and told her all about Crash and Sarge, and about my kids, and about how pretty her fur is going to be when it comes in. 

Yay!! What a happy "beginning" for both of you!!
  • class="Quote">
    So, I'm sure to no one's surprise, I'm adopting Gracie. The vet is going to work out a payment plan with me for her medical bills, which is really cool of them. She doesn't have Parvo, which is a huge relief. I held her for a really long time today, and told her all about Crash and Sarge, and about my kids, and about how pretty her fur is going to be when it comes in. 

You are both so lucky to have found each other. <3<3<3 How long before she can come home from the vets?

@GraziDiMenti it will be at least two weeks. She has massive skin infections and she still has mites. (Side note - ew ew ew!!)
  • edited May 2016
    @OffToSeeHim that is great! Has the rest of the family (the human part; not Crash and Sarge) met her yet?
  • edited May 2016
    What a week, @OffToSeeHim!!  (Lol, one short week ago: “OTSHDaughter, I’m going to miss you sooo muccchhhh when you go off to college, my beloved girl! <flood of tears>…..”  Now:  “Darling, is there any chance you can move out sooner?  Because I think Tinkerbelle would enjoy having your room to herself while she’s recuperating.”) ;)

Seriously now – SO happy for Gracie/Tinkerbelle.  Now she has a whole nice big family to love and be loved by…this is just the best that could happen for her!!  And wonderful for you too – really, I’m tearing up, remembering that first photo of her and your description of her condition when you first spotted her....

• KarenFK said:
    @OffToSeeHim that is great! Has the rest of the family (the human part; not Crash and Sarge) met her yet?
    No, she has to be kind of quiet, so probably next week.
  • Wonderful news @OffToSeeHim! When something is meant to be there's no use in fighting it.  :-)  I very happy for all of you, but especially for Gracie.
  • One of these little morsels is my mum's new friend

This dog totally has the same hair as my grandma.
  • One of these little morsels is my mum's new friend

This dog totally has the same hair as my grandma.
    Haha! 

I have newer pics of the pups, I must post them!
  • there is the most *wonderful* group on FB called "Dudes with Dogs" the pictures are just wonderful...always makes me smile... (there are a few sad 'passing' pics but...) can be very silly...
    My mum's pup is the one on the left. She's being called Lily.
    My mum's pup is the one on the left. She's being called Lily.

I'll take all the others!!! SO CUTE!!
  • @foodycatAlicia ; Need details please!  So cute!
  • GeoDiva said:
    @foodycatAlicia ; Need details please!  So cute!
    She's a silver poodle (apparently they are all born black and turn silver in a year or so). She's 2 weeks old there, I think! And when she's big enough to leave her mum she's going to live with mine!
  • edited May 2016
    @foodycatAlicia do you know the Pink Martini song Lilly? Link, since technology is hurting me: