Championship Hair Flipping/Flinging

Comments

• edited September 27
    GOOGLE 20th BIRTHDAY

I remember the first time that I was introduced to Google. I never used Jeeves.com/Netscape/Aol Search again.
    NEVER LOOKED BACK.

Now, I am all in with GOOGLE. The Search Engine; Google Drive; Gmail; Google Docs. I love the Google Doodle.
    Every day of my life, I voluntarily share all of my information with Big Brother...across my entire digital footprint.
    What has become of me? My 8th Grade 1984-Vigilant Self would be so disappointed!

GOOGLE FRUIT
    Category: "George Orwell Warned Us" Flip

• KAMALA
    Category: "I DID NOT come to play!" FLIP

• edited September 27
    Sanaa gives a history of her movie characters' hair through the years.

Sanaa Lathan
    Category: “We need more people that know how to do OUR hair.” FLIP

Irene Kennedy: American Assassin

Monica Wright: Love & Basketball

Ann Merai Harrison: Out of Time
    "I did a full weave because we shot in Miami. It was like shooting in a STEAM ROOM."
    (So True, Sanaa. So TRUE!!)

Violet: Nappily Ever After

• edited September 28
    Malia Obama in New Dakotas’ Walking on Air Music Video
    Category: "Sophomore Hijinks" Flip

• edited October 1
    #MondayMotivation from @iammoshow
    It seems like everyday recently we’re waking up to a bunch of negativity going on in the world so my cat Dj Ravioli and I are here to try to put a smile on your face #MondayMotivation

I Am Moshow (The Cat Rapper) & DJ Ravioli
    Category: "Knit Caps & Kitty Cats" FLIP

• edited October 2
    The 2018 Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded to Arthur Ashkin, Gérard Mourou and Donna Strickland for groundbreaking inventions in the field of laser physics.

Donna Strickland is the first woman to win the physics Nobel since Maria Goeppert-Mayer in 1963. Marie Curie is the only other female physics Nobel laureate, 1903.

Donna Strickland
    Category: "Laser Leader" Flip

Maria Goeppert-Mayer

Marie Curie

• edited October 3
    Something fun before this day devolves into a possible horror show!!

#MEANGIRLSDAY
    On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was.
    On Wednesdays we wear PINK.

Category: "Wednesday, October 3rd" FLIP

How HILARIOUS from the Smithsonian:

The Smithsonian gets mean
    October 3, 2015
    To celebrate Oct. 3, Smithsonian institutions are showing off their best artwork alongside quotes from the film "Mean Girls.
  • edited October 3
    The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the #NobelPrize in Chemistry 2018 with one half to Frances H. Arnold and the other half jointly to George P. Smith and Sir Gregory P. Winter.

George P. Smith
    Category: "Award Winning Facial Hair" FLIP

Seriously...how bright are these people!?! So impressive!!!
  • edited October 4
    Me. All Day Today.
    Category: “The Ostrich” Flip

• edited October 4
    Finally watched The Gospel According to Andre.
    Loved it. Love him.

Andre Leon Talley
    Category: “The Kofi Annan of What You Got On”* Flip

I try to use my position in life to bring beauty and joy into other people’s lives. Certainly, I have weathered and survived the Chiffon Trenches of fashion for nearly three decades, but during that time I have not lost my sense of values or of place.

*Quote from WILL.I.AM
  • edited October 6
    You could see it coming for miles.
    But when it actually gets here...

Category: "We'll see you on Tuesday, NOVEMBER 6th" Flip

Heading to the polls like...
    Category: "Voting these losers OUT" Flip

• edited October 7
    For some reason, instead of working out and having a smoothie this morning, I decided to eat chips and watch a movie. Needless to say, I feel horrible. I turned to the internet (fool) for a distraction. Specifically, The Huffington Post's new lifestyle site. It states that its mission is to give the reader "something better."

I click and I'm greeted with the image and article below.

Peanut Butter And Mayo: The Sandwich That May Divide Us All

Excuse Me!! Is this what HuffPost considers better??!!!! So unappetizing!!! So unnecessary!!!
    I'm adding Huffington Post Life to the list of things bumming me out right now.

Category: "EEEEWWWWW" Flip

• edited October 7
    And then I turn to the New York Times and get a big boost of NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Driven by South’s Past, Black Women Seek Votes and a New Future

Category: "The South Will Rise Anew...Led by a Cadre of FIERCE BLACK WOMEN" Flip

LaTosha Brown at the offices of the New Georgia Project in Atlanta.

• I can't with the news at the moment.

I saw an adorable child dancing into their church this morning and she was FEELING her hair. That's about all I can deal with right now.
  • edited October 8

I can't with the news at the moment.

I saw an adorable child dancing into their church this morning and she was FEELING her hair. That's about all I can deal with right now.

Audrey Nethery
    And a little child shall lead them. ;)

• edited October 13
    Our Girl, Tracee Ellis Ross, wore Dapper Dan as part of her all Black Designer fashion show during the AMAs.
    Led me to some "FUN IN THE SUN" Saturday Style Reading...

Dapper Dan Talks Gucci Partnership, Dressing Harlem’s Notorious Gangsters, and Getting Busted by Sonia Sotomayor

Category: "Harlem World Fly Forever" Flip

• edited October 15
    The black hair revolution is happening now on a screen near you
    by Makeda Easter for the Los Angeles Times

After watching the trailer for Nappily Ever After, and thinking about the recent wave of shows that showcase the amazing diversity of black hair, I was inspired to dig into the evolution of black women’s hair on screen.

Category: "Excuse Me, Sis. We've been talking about Black Women's Hair on this site for 3.5 Years" Flip

But hey...The More The Merrier!!! ;)

• edited October 15
    A BABY!! A BABY!!!
    Category: "Baby Sussex" Flip

• edited October 15
    Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft and owner of the Seattle Seahawks and Portland Trail Blazers, has died at the age of 65.

#RIP Paul Allen (1953-2018)
    Category: "Epic Beard of a Global Visionary"

Some of the Tweets about Paul Allen:

One of the coolest parts of Paul Allen’s legacy is that we owe LOTS of what we know about the human brain to his philanthropy. He’s given over 500 million to map the brain & funded countless discoveries that have revolutionized neurological science.

My favorite Paul Allen fact is that he built both a spaceship that took a man to space, and a giant yacht, and the yacht cost about 8 times as much as the spaceship.

The Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist made significant contributions to naval heritage by funding the expeditions that discovered the wrecks of USS Indianapolis, USS Lexington, USS Juneau and several other historic ships.

• Shonda Rhimes
    Category: "I AM THE HIGHEST PAID SHOWRUNNER IN TELEVISION." FLIP

In a world in which women of all colors are constantly forced to battle with men for equity and inclusion, we [Rhimes and Ellen Pompeo, who presented her with her award] had the good fortune to work in an environment that we had nurtured and built with enough of our sweat and tears over enough years that we no longer needed to battle men to get to the top of a mountain. We just built our own mountains and then we realized all we simply had to do was equalize and include one another.

• edited October 17
    From Serena's Instagram Page:
    The face you make when you and Meghan have matching @serena blazers 😍 #BeSeenBeHeard

One of posters noted, "Timely that Meghan is wearing during her Australian tour after the crap Serena got from the Australian cartoonist. Friends supporting friends."

I forgot about that ugly cartoon incident. I do remember that Serena texted Meghan after the US Open:

Serena Williams revealed in a new interview with The Sunday Project that after the U.S. Open and the controversy that followed, she texted Meghan Markle, whom she says she has grown closer to recently.

“We have known each other for a long time, but we really kind of are relying on each other quite a lot recently,” Serena said about her friendship with Meghan. She explained that their shared experience of “media scrutiny” caused their friendship to strengthen.

Perhaps this is another case of a jacket speaking volumes.
    Fashion Trend for 2019: "SpokesJackets"

Meghan Markle & Serena Williams
    Category: "#BlackGirlMagic Goes Global" Flip

• edited October 25
    Joan Collins’s Hair in AHS is Glorious
    Category: “Always Alexis” Flip

A Speical Nod to Frances Conroy’s Red Splendiferousness

• edited October 28
    Ntozake Shange, pioneering playwright, poet and novelist, dies at 70

I starred in a production of For Colored Girls when I was in college. One of my most treasured university memories..

Ntzoke Shange
    Category: "For Colored Girls" Flip

• German chancellor Angela Merkel will not seek re-election in 2021

Angela Merkel
    Category: "I might bend, but I will NEVER break because it's in my nature as a strong woman - Angela Merkel" FLIP

Leaders & Friends

No Time for A Fool's Foolishness

A Cultural Icon
    Kate McKinnon as Angela Merkel on SNL

• edited October 29
    Last week was filled with vile hatred and despicable violence, so to cleanse the energy, I want to begin today with inspirational thoughts from a brilliant man...Elie Wiesel.

Category: "Channel Peace/Vote with Vengeance" Flip

• For all my fellow Scorpios...

Category: "Scorpio Season" Flip

• edited October 29
    Every single time that I watch one of these "Official Press Briefings," I WANT TO SCREAM!
    EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!!!

Category: "PULLING OUT MY HAIR" FLIP

The Lies Roll Right Off Of Her Tongue.
    I blame myself for watching this madness.
  • TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2018

Shirley Chisholm, Elected the First Black Congresswoman in History 50 Years Ago
    Category: "VOTE!!!" Flip

“The one thing you’ve got going: your one vote.”

“It is incomprehensible to me, the fear that can affect men in political offices. It is shocking the way they submit to forces they know are wrong and fail to stand up for what they believe. Can their jobs be so important to them, their prestige, their power, their privileges so important that they will cooperate in the degradation of our society just to hang on to those jobs?”

Shirley Chisholm was an American politician, educator, and author. In 1968, she became the first black woman elected to the United States Congress. In 1972, she became the first black candidate for a major party's nomination for President of the United States, and the first woman to run for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination.