Championship Hair Flipping/Flinging

Comments

• edited January 10

Category: ADORBS!!!!

For curlies all over the world, we all share the common enemy of frizz. It never fails. You wake up and give your beautiful mane the rightful attention it deserves, primping and obsessing over your curls, coils, and waves. You finally achieve the hair goals you set for yourself, and you’re ready to take on the day. You’re feeling good and then it happens seemingly out of nowhere. BAM! The eternal enemies of curly girls everywhere strike and your good hair day has fizzled out. That's why we created the Frizz Forecast.

Since we all know that weather and natural elements are the natural enemies of hair, we have created our Frizz Forecast to help you be prepared. Any time the cuticles on hair strands becomes raised, frizzies can happen. Sometimes this occurs because of hair being dry or unhealthy, but more often it is caused by the weather.

• edited February 7
    Cardi B
    Category: "Knock Me Down Nine Times But I Get Up 10" FLIP

Cardi B’s Harper’s Bazaar Photo Shoot Winks At Shoe-Throwing Fight With Nicki Minaj

Cardi B leaving the Harper's BAZAAR ICONS at The Plaza Hotel. September 2018
  • Lady Gaga at 2019 Grammy Awards
    Category: "I'm Gonna Shimmy My Way to an Oscar" Flip

• Christy Turlington, 50, returns to modeling after 25 years as she walks the runway at Marc Jacobs NYFW show
    Category: “SUPAH FOREVER”

• edited February 16
    Lee Radziwill Is Dead at 85

Hamish Bowles described her in the August 2003 issue of Vogue as “the chic, sleek wraith whose fabled wide-eyed prettiness and brisk elegance has defined dynamic American style for decades—and still turns heads.”

“Regrets? I think everyone has regrets, and people who say they haven’t are either liars . . . or narcissists" Radziwill told the New York Times in 2013. "There have been many things in my life to have regrets about, in the sense I wish I could have changed them, or somehow made them not happen. What I don’t have is envy. I’m perfectly content at this time of my life. I’ve done so many fascinating things and the greatest joy is that I continue to do interesting things and meet fascinating people." -- Lee Radziwill
  • edited February 18
    Celebrity Hairdresser Chris Appleton at the Hollywood Beauty Awards
    (Stapleton was nominated for the Lori McCoy-Bell Hairstyling Award)
    Category: “HOT/HOT/HOT Hairstylist” Flip

(I’m choosing to ignore the fashion monstrosity on the right.)

I’m going to need a photo of this man by himself...

• edited February 19
    Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel's artistic director, dies aged 85

Karl Lagerfeld Reveals His Hair History: 'I've Had The White Ponytail For 36 Years!'

“I am like a caricature of myself, and I like that,” runs one legendary quote attributed to him, and often recycled to convey the person he liked to play. “It is like a mask. And for me the carnival of Venice lasts all year long.”

The cat (which is quite James Bond baddie to complement the designer's mock evil-genius vibe) is so perfect as a social-media marketing tool that I can't quite believe that it exists in feline form. But Lagerfeld claims he gets picture updates of Choupette's activities from the cat's maid every hour. As proof, he shows me the most recent one of her resting on a pile of books at his home. "Everything is controlled by her. She wakes me up at 7am because she wants me to bring her fresh croquettes, she won't touch food from the night before, she gets offers for food commercials but it is out of the question. She is a kept woman." He turns the smile down and swallows a laugh.

• edited February 19
    People Are Googling Rihanna and Their Birthdays After Twitter Post Goes Viral

Rihanna
    Category: “Rihanna is the Center of Everything” Flip

My Birthdate Photos...They accurately represent both sides of my personality!!!
    Oh, Rihanna!!! What would we do without you??

Rihanna and Uncle Karl....

• Ruth E. Carter, Costume Designer, Black Panther
    Category: "This FIERCE Woman BETTA Win an Academy Award" Flip

• Danai Gurira
    Category: “FLORA & FABULOUSNESS” FLIP

• Lauren London & Nipsey Hussle in GQ
    Category: "Flowing Locks & Meticulous Braids" Flip

• edited February 25
    Billy Porter in Christian Siriano at the 2019 OSCARS
    Category: “WEEEELLLLL!! SOOOO XTRAVAGANZA” Flip

• Cynthia Erivo
    Category: “Art Deco Hair” Flip

• edited February 25
    These L.A. Artists Are Celebrating Roma‘s Yalitza Aparicio in a Beautiful Way

Yalitza Aparicio by Julio Salgado
    Category: "Representation Matters" Flip

Melanie Gonzalez & Ernesto Yerena Montejano

• Emma Thompson
    Category: "Time's Up for your BS Patriarchy" Flip

Emma Thompson’s letter to Skydance: Why I can’t work for John Lasseter

As you know, I have pulled out of the production of “Luck” — to be directed by the very wonderful Alessandro Carloni. It feels very odd to me that you and your company would consider hiring someone with Mr. Lasseter’s pattern of misconduct given the present climate in which people with the kind of power that you have can reasonably be expected to step up to the plate...

I am well aware that centuries of entitlement to women’s bodies whether they like it or not is not going to change overnight. Or in a year. But I am also aware that if people who have spoken out — like me — do not take this sort of a stand then things are very unlikely to change at anything like the pace required to protect my daughter’s generation.

Yours most sincerely,

Emma Thompson
  • edited February 26
    Constance Wu
    Category: “YELLOW” Flip

From Huffington Post

In a bold yellow dress, Constance Wu was hard to miss at Sunday’s Oscars. 

But her getup wasn’t just a strong fashion statement ― there was a deeper meaning behind the gown. 
    The “Crazy Rich Asians” star took to Instagram on Monday and revealed that she drew inspiration from director Jon M. Chu’s letter to Coldplay, requesting to license the rights for the single “Yellow” for the movie. Chu, like Wu, aimed to reclaim the word yellow ― a color historically associated with Asians and often used to describe the racial group derogatorily.

In her Instagram post, Wu shared a condensed version of Chu’s letter to the band. 

“My whole life I’ve had a complicated relationship with the color yellow. From being called the word in a derogatory way throughout grade school, to watching movies where they called cowardly people yellow, it’s always had a negative connotation in my life,” Chu had written.  ”[Until] I heard your song. ... It was an incredible image of attraction and aspiration that it made me rethink my own self image... It immediately became an anthem for me and my friends and gave us a new sense of pride we never felt before.” 

Chu’s request was initially rejected by the band, but his letter eventually changed their minds. The “Crazy Rich Asians” movie concludes with Katherine Ho’s cover of the Coldplay song. The song, sung in Mandarin, is meant to signify the pride that main character Rachel Chu, played by Wu, has towards her Chinese-American identity, Chu said. 

″[This movie] will give a whole generation of Asian-Americans, and others, the same sense of pride I got when I heard your song,” the director wrote. “I want all of them to have an anthem that makes them feel as beautiful as your words and melody made me feel when I needed it most.” 

• edited February 27
    Thandie Newton
    Category: "Respect My HAIR" FLIP

Actress Thandie Newton has revealed that she was a victim of hair discrimination while at primary school in England.

After it was revealed this week that banning natural hairstyles - including braids and cornrows - would be made illegal in New York, the 46-year-old Line of Duty star revealed that nuns at the school in Penzance, Cornwall had once refused to let her be pictured in a class photograph because she was wearing braids.

Taking to Twitter, the star told her 136,000 followers: 'Take THAT the nuns at my primary school! I wasn’t permitted to have my photo taken on School Photo Day because Mum had given me beautiful rows of braids the night before - specifically to make me look my best. Now hair discrimination is illegal in NYC. Bliss.'

• edited February 28
    Fox Orders ‘90210’ Reboot Featuring Most Of The Original Cast

Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris, Brian Austin Green and Tori Spelling are all signed on, but not Luke Perry or Shannen Doherty.

Category: "9021-NOOOOOO" Flip

Just NOOO!!

• edited February 28
    Why haven't I talked about Naomi Campbell's Curls?
    Am I losing my touch? UGH!!!

At Vanity Fair's Oscars Party Last Sunday

In Paris Last Month

• edited March 1
    My Secret Daughter, Zendaya, burst onto PFW like a true Fashion Royal.
    She was just named Lancome's newest Ambassador and recently debuted her fashion collabo with Tommy Hilfiger.

Zendaya
    Category: "La Reine" FLIP

ZENDAYA/Tommy Hilfiger

• edited March 1
    Jada Pinkett Smith
    Category: "Stop the Misogynoir" Flip

Red Table Talk with Jordyn: "Black women are the most disregarded and disrespected on earth"

I don't usually get into the Kar/Jen Muck and Mire, but I was gagging at another instance of a Black Woman getting mistreated by the Kar/Jen Media Machine without a opportunity for the AA woman to have a voice. There is just so much misogynoir in a program that is about "Sisterhood" and is so happily consumed by AA women. When was it going to be addressed in a real way? Grateful that Jada has the power and the platform and is willing to use both!!!
  • edited March 1
    Katherine Helmond Dies: ‘Soap’ & ‘Who’s The Boss?’ Star Was 89
    RIP Katherine Helmond

Brazil (I'll have that song stuck in my head all day.)

I loved Soap.

• edited March 5
    Keith Flint & Dylan McKay?
    Seriously, this day is no good!

• When I saw the photos of Penelope Cruz walking In Karl Lagerfeld’s Final Chanel Show, I was reminded of how beautiful she really is.

Penelope Cruz
    Category: "Snow Bunny Beauty" Flip

• edited March 5
    Katelyn Ohashi Earns Another Dazzling 10 As UCLA Teammates Dance Along
    The viral gymnast recorded a perfect score in the floor routine for the fourth time this season.

Katelyn Ohashi
    Category: “Perfect Flip” Flip

• Didn't realize that the Moncler Collection was actually a partnership between Liya Kebede and Pierpaolo Piccioli for the MONCLER Genius Collection.

Of Course, the always Boss Iman had the information on her Instagram:
    @the_real_iman
    Models Adut, Sabah, Fatou, Ugbad, Éftagine, Assa, Ajak, Grace, Ayah, Akiima & Aub.
    Bravo to @pppiccioli collaboration with designer @liyakebede’s brand @lemlemofficial, merging handicraft of Ethiopian artisan with couture shapes for @moncler #GeniusHub

“I am after a balance of dreaminess, extravagance and soulfulness. I involved Liya Kebede, who is an active supporter of African artisans with her label lemlem, in the process, creating something true to her, to Moncler and to my own sensibility. Connecting diversities is my idea of inclusive creativity”.
    PIERPAOLO PICCIOLI

"There is no better way to show how time-honored traditions, like our lemlem artisans' work, have a place in modern fashion than this partnership, working with Pierpaolo and Moncler. I was honored to be a part of this creative process, bringing together heritages that at first glimpse seemed so different but when unexpectedly combined, create something so rich and new, redefining beauty and reminding us that there are no borders in life.”
    LIYA KEBEDE

Liya Kebede
    Category: "Couture Artisans " Flip

• Joe Manganiello
    Category: “Heavy Metal Hottie” Flip