Category: “We Are Strong/We Are Invicible/We Are WOMAN” FLIP

International Women’s Day: GOOGLE DOODLE
  • Stephanie Flowers, Arkansas State Senator #IWD
    Category: "You CANNOT Silence Me" Flip

• edited March 8
    #IWD
    Julianne Moore
    Category: "The Power of NOT Having to Be PERFECT" FLIP

In an interview during Thursday night’s episode of “Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen,” Julianne Moore admitted that she had been fired after a caller asked why she had left the movie "Can You Ever Forgive Me?"

“I didn’t leave that movie, I was fired,” Moore said. “Nicole fired me. So yeah, that’s the truth.”

On this IWD, I want to acknowledge the power of her statement. Women are so often expected to be PERFECT. To NEVER FAIL. And when we fall short, we condemn ourselves far worse than anyone else ever could. Yet men fail upward without a second thought.

I sincerely hope that we women can begin to celebrate our imperfections and appreciate our failures as part of life's journey and a natural occurrence within the human experience.

And to paraphrase Julianne Moore and Will Smith, it might be painful but we won't let it break us!
    Happy International Women's Day!!

• edited March 9
    Barbie Is 60! Here's A Look Back At Her Transformation.

Ruth Handler created Barbie in 1959 with the philosophy that little girls, through playing with the doll, could be anything they wanted to be. “Barbie always represented the fact that a woman has choices.”

Category: " Sixty Years of Sheroes" FLIP

The most recent class of Barbie "Sheros," which includes (from left to right): Maya Gabeira, Naomi Osaka, Kristina Vogel, Tessa Virtue, Yara Shahidi, Adwoa Aboah, Dipa Karmakar, Chen Man and Ita Buttrose.
  • Yara and Lupita
    Category: “Barbie Launches & Movie Premieres FABULOSITY” FLIP

• edited March 11
    The Bitter (and not in a good way) Meghan Haters insist that she is faking her pregnancy.
    They really are the worst.

Forget examining the Royal Bump. The real proof of her pregnancy is the lack of hair dye.
    Take Thay You Evil Haints!

Duchess Meghan
    Category: “Pregnancy Grey” Flip

• edited March 11
    Captain Marvel’s Cat 'Goose' Has Left Korea Obsessed With a Photoshop Trend That Is Going Viral on Twitter

GOOSE (with an assist from Nick Fury/Samuel L. Jackson)
    Category: “MARVELous Kitty” Flip

• Lupita N'Yongo for Porter Magazine
    Category: "Everything Old is New Again" Flip

On experimenting with her hair: “My hairstylist Vernon François is great. Though [his styles] may be fresh, they’re not original. We look at images [from the past], then apply it to who we are today. I think part of it is that when my previous hairdresser said he didn’t know what to do with my hair, I didn’t know what to do with my hair either, because I hadn’t seen [what was possible]. I was just in Benin [in West Africa] and I saw this woman with a gorgeous hairdo and I took a picture of it. I was like, ‘Okay, research.’ When you see it, then you know it can happen and then you can make it happen. For me, the red carpet and [shoots like] this are opportunities to provide another image that can be a reference for some girl somewhere with hair like me to get creative.”

• edited March 12
    Google Doodle celebrates the 30th anniversary of the World Wide Web
    30 years since Tim Berners-Lee submitted his proposal

Category: "Thanks, Al Gore! I mean Tim Berners-Lee!" Flip

Today’s Google Doodle celebrates the thirtieth anniversary of the creation of the World Wide Web, first proposed on March 11th, 1989, by Tim Berners-Lee.

While today we use the words “internet” and “web” interchangeably, they actually refer to different things. The internet is the global network of computers that are able to communicate with one another and dates back to the US military’s ARPANET developed in the 60s. The web, meanwhile, is the public’s main way of accessing this network, and was proposed by Berners-Lee in the late 80s.

Remember the WEB of the '80s:

WEIRD SCIENCE

WAR GAMES

TRON

I guess Tim Berners-Lee is closer to the fiction than one would imagine! LOL!!!

• edited March 14
    The Bachelor. 23 Seasons of Toothpaste Models forcing intimacy and pretending they will marry.
    The reality is that only one of these couples is still together. 2 dumped their “fiancées” and picked the “runner-up.” The rest barely lasted 2 months.

Question: Why are people still watching this show? Why does the press continue to cover this show?
    WHY???? WHY????

Latest Couple: Colton & Cassie (Yep. Their real names.)

The Bachelor
    Category: “WHY???” FLIP

• edited March 14
    While JLo blasts her engagement all over the media, let’s check in with JLaw.

Jennifer Lawrence
    Category: “Low-key & In Love” FLIP

• edited March 14
    Congresswoman Goes Entire Day Wearing Mismatched Shoes, Totally Owns The Look

People ask me all the time about the pace of things in DC. It’s 4:04PM and I just noticed that I have gone an entire day with two different shoes on.

Congresswoman Mary Gay Scanlon
    Category: “If the Shoe Fits, Buy It in Every Color” FLIP

• edited March 16
    Dermatologist Sandra Lee aka Dr. Pimple Popper
    Category: “Why Can’t I Look Away??!!!” FLIP

The latest episode on TLC: Dr Pimple Popper gets showered with pus when a man's head cyst EXPLODES like a 'fire hose' - and her assistant is tasked with picking the gooey remains out of her hair!!! HER HAIR!!!!!!HER HAIR!!!!!!

• edited March 17
    Confession: I can count the number of movies I've seen in the last few years on two hands. I can count the number of new TV shows that I've seen on one hand. I'm always TARDY TO THE PARTY!!!

Finally watched Call Me By My Name this afternoon. Timothée Chalamet is such a good actor!! LOL!!!
    More importantly, he has GREAT HAIR!!! LOVELY, LOVELY HAIR!!!

A Brief History of Timothée Chalamet's Beautiful Hair

I actually thought he was a young Italian actor in this scene. (The movie had already started by time I began to watch.)

Special Shout-Out to Arnie
    Category: "Hunky Hammer" Flip**

**Love My Way is my favorite Psychedelic Furs song, too!!
  • edited March 18
    This morning when I opened my CALM App, I found a new album by MOBY called LONG AMBIENTS. Makes sense that a guy known for his chill attitude would create music for a meditation app. (Real world translation of this sentence: Yuppie, yuppie, hipster doofus, goofy GOOP GOOP.)

MOBY
    Category: “Chill” FLIP

Twenty years ago I dated a woman who liked men with shaved heads, so I started shaving my head. When we broke up I let my hair grow and realised that while we'd been dating I'd been losing my hair."

"From then on I had to shave my head out of necessity so I didn't look like a used-car salesman. Shaving your head is acceptable. It's when you start wearing toupees and brushing your hair over that things go wrong."

Although Moby remembers that he used to resent his appearance, he added that one day he simply found peace with his own reflection:

"A few years ago I discovered a combination of acceptance and equanimity when I looked in the mirror. There is nothing terribly wrong with my face, even if some of its parts aren't very inspiring."

• Nichole Richie on Instagram: “Being naturally beautiful takes so much work.”
    As a woman who also gets her hair colored, I could not agree more!!

Nichole Richie
    Category: “Naturally Beatiful” Flip

• Lupita
    Category: “Scream Queen Hair Sheen” Flip

• SPRING IS HERE!!!

LUPITA!!!
    Category: SPRING EQUINOX AFRO PUFFS

• edited March 20
    I have no LOVAH (as Carrie Bradshaw would say), but I cannot get the song "Love is in the Air" out of my head.
    Rather than fight it, I'll just lean in and celebrate!!

HAPPY SPRING, EVERYONE!!!!

• edited March 20
    THIS DOCTOR COULDN'T HOLD BACK WHEN HIS CHILDHOOD DREAMS WERE REALIZED

His Mortar Board and Surgeon's Cap don't count as hair per se.
    But since I've featured crowns, tiaras and fancy butterfly hats, I figured a nod to two head covers that symbolize joy and achievement are worthy of CHFF!!!

Congratulations, Dr. Stewart!!
    HAPPY SPRING!!!

Dr. James W. Stewart II
    Category: "Because of Them We Can" Flip

“One of the happiest moments of my life. I’m proud to announce that I matched at my #1 choice and will be attending Yale University for my surgical training.” - James W. Stewart II

Best be assured, if I need any kind of surgery, I'll be heading to New Haven!!!
    This is Dr. McSteamy/Dreamy, FOR REAL!!!!
  • edited March 21
    When #FLORIDAMAN is trending on Twitter as a result of people MOCKING the stupidity of people from Florida.

Initial Reaction:
    Category: "Man, Please! Indignation" Flip

After Reading the Stories:
    Category: "Oh Man! Embarrassment" Flip

• edited March 21
    Marsai Martin and Nico Parker Are Smart, Unapologetic, and Proving Grown-Ups Wrong

Marsai Martin & Nico Parker for Teen Vogue
    Category: "Teen Me is LAUGHING/CRYING/JUMPING FOR JOY All At The Same Time" FLIP

I am talking REAL TEARS!!!!

• Don’t miss today’s GOOGLE DOODLE!!!!!
    Using AI, Googlers get to create music with Birthday Boy Johann Sebastian Bach.

Today we celebrate world renowned German composer and musician Johann Sebastian Bach with our first ever AI-powered Doodle! Made in partnership with the Google Magenta and Google PAIR teams, the Doodle is an interactive experience encouraging players to compose a two measure melody of their choice. With the press of a button, the Doodle then uses machine learning to harmonize the custom melody into Bach’s signature music style (or a Bach 80's rock style hybrid if you happen to find a very special easter egg in the Doodle...:)).

BACH
    Category: “These Bach Boys Know How to Rock” Flip

Johann Sebastian Bach

Sebastian Bach

• Lady Kitty Spencer
    Category: “Princess Diana’s Niece” Flip