Pinterest

Comments

• Am I the only one who finds the "picked for you" pins somewhat annoying?  If I want to find something, I'll search it.  I want to see the pins of the folks I follow on my main feed.   I don't need 6 types of the same recipe I've already pinned. If I find I don't like the one I've pinned, I'll search again.
  • Patty_D said:
    Am I the only one who finds the "picked for you" pins somewhat annoying?  If I want to find something, I'll search it.  I want to see the pins of the folks I follow on my main feed.   I don't need 6 types of the same recipe I've already pinned. If I find I don't like the one I've pinned, I'll search again.
    Ohh!!!! I absolutely HATE those! Hate. Grrr. At one point you could turn them off, but I don't see that option any more.
  • Oh, and now I'm following all of you :)

I'm https://www.pinterest.com/alaska_grown/

• I loathe picked for you! And you have to turn them off for each individual board now, which is such a hassle.
  • sitstay said

I wish there was a "Never Show This Stupid Thing To Me Again" button, though. The next time I see someone making a healthy "sandwich" where the bread is a whole, unpeeled cucumber, I'm going to throw something at someone.

Oh my God, yes.  The first time I saw "cauliflower steaks" I almost snapped my laptop over my thigh.
  • edited February 2015
    I loathe picked for you! And you have to turn them off for each individual board now, which is such a hassle.

Ah - there is a way to turn them off?  Good.

ETA - or, not.  Not finding the option anywhere.  Rats.

• Patty_D said:
    I loathe picked for you! And you have to turn them off for each individual board now, which is such a hassle.

It's not in your account settings - but when you get a picked for you, if you mouse over it, there is a cross - a very faint and hard to see cross - if you click that it gives you the option of hiding all picked for you pins based on that board.
  • Patty_D said:
    Am I the only one who finds the "picked for you" pins somewhat annoying?  If I want to find something, I'll search it.  I want to see the pins of the folks I follow on my main feed.   I don't need 6 types of the same recipe I've already pinned. If I find I don't like the one I've pinned, I'll search again.
    Ohh!!!! I absolutely HATE those! Hate. Grrr. At one point you could turn them off, but I don't see that option any more.
    I got into a bit of a row with them when its predecessor was around. It was called something equally as irritating.
  • Patty_D said:

It's not in your account settings - but when you get a picked for you, if you mouse over it, there is a cross - a very faint and hard to see cross - if you click that it gives you the option of hiding all picked for you pins based on that board.
    Thank you!
  • Thank you FoodycatAlicia. That was the best thing I learned all week!
  • Patty_D said:
    I hate them too!  I find that is you reject their suggestion and then flag the explanation that it didn't interest you, you never get a suggestion based off of that board again.  Depending on how many boards you have it may take awhile to get rid of that feature from your feed.
  • Thank you FoodycatAlicia. That was the best thing I learned all week!
    No problem at all!
  • Oh, this is great!  I'm https://www.pinterest.com/rmcgrudiva/  , and I tend to pin fashion, food, and fitness.  (Yeah, I know.)  

There's jewelry and art in there, too!
  • edited February 2015
    On Pinterest I am 

0707valerie

• https://www.pinterest.com/dianewagner/

I'm pinning recipes almost exclusively right now.  However, I am feeling inspired to try Stitch Fix based on the recommendation of the Kittentariat, so I might start a board for clothes and personal style so that I can share that with a future stylist.
  • Shore828 is mine and I have several editorial fashion boards, sorted by decades, also home decor, and several others.
  • Mine is mostly fandom related, crafting, interiors, and fashion. I have lots of other boards as my interests are all over the place! 

• Patty_D said:
    THIS.  It's driving me crazy.  Pinterest did it once before and I managed to stop it, but now they're doing it again.  If I did a search and I didn't pin it, I DON'T WANT IT.
  • Oh, and hi everyone.  I avoided Pinterest for ages, but when I got hooked, I got seriously hooked.  My interests are all over the place--so I keep a 3-D printing board, a small spaces board, knitting, food, fashion, travel, children's illustrations and a really disorganized DIY board.  Oh, and one on condors and phoenixes.  In other words, very few people have the energy to follow all my boards.

And I'm M Young on Pinterest.There may be more than one of me, but I think I'm the only one with a board on Naiad/Rusalka Costumes.

• Bless you @foodycatAlicia for the tip on turning off "picked for you" pins. A bottle of the finest virtual champagne for you!
  • Ugh, when those new "Picked for You!" pins showed up a few weeks back it took me forever to cycle through and turn them off for all my boards. They really should have a setting option for that nonsense. 

I'm SarahIvy over there, mostly craft/recipes/home/geeky stuff. 
  • https://www.pinterest.com/lorabounds

Pinterest is a place for me to dream--lots of art boards, fashion, colors, landscapes, fine arts, whatever takes my interest.
  • Annalisa said:
    I collect fashion I like under Annalisanews.
    I couldn't find yours on Pinterest. Is there a typo?
  • I love Pinterest!

Here's my boards: https://www.pinterest.com/smalltwnfashion/

I pin everything from fashion to royals to interesting stories I've read. Lately it's been all about the runway shows, with some cute winter outfit ideas thrown in.

I also like to go back to recipe or hair style pins and comment on if they worked or not. I find trying Pinterest hair ideas to be the quickest way to make me boil with rage (because they usually never work on my hair).
  • @smalltwnfashion I shift things to my "pin there, done that" board when I have made or bought something. I also like to comment on whether things have worked out!
  • @foodycatAlicia I love it when people do that! It definitely helps me out. I may have to start a new board like that too - thanks for the idea!

• OMG @foodycatAlicia did you pin this fireplace because the shape is....suggestive?

• Waaaayy too addicted to Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/merciblahblah/

I have allll kinds of boards, from my Yum-Yum board to Style Icons to Excellent Interiors and about eleventy five other ones. Enjoy, BKs!