Pinterest

Comments

• @Tracy_Flick I pinned it because it was beautiful! And then noticed the suggestiveness.
  • @Tracy_Flick I pinned it because it was beautiful! And then noticed the suggestiveness.
    Ha! It's definitely both.
  • Whoa, that fireplace--wonder what the story is there?  I feel like it should have belonged to Alistair Crowley or been Aubrey Beardsley's hang-out when he was doing the illustrations for Lysistrata.

Enjoying everybody's boards
  • KaliMon said:
    Hello there!

Any Pinterest-ers here? Please share your handle. 

I enjoy Pinteresting a variety of things, but I try to only pin things that reflect my unique sense of taste/style. If you like mine, please feel free to follow, but message me that you're a fellow BK.

Thank you!
    I just realized I oopsied the link. Here is the correct link to my Pinterest account: https://www.pinterest.com/kalimon00. I enjoy pinning things on design, Architecture, Interior, Fashion, Hair (always looking for the next great bob), make-up, floral bouquets, and inspiring quotes. 
  • If you started following me, I would normally apologize for all the runway pins I've been pinning but given this crowd, no apology necessary. I'm catching up on spring and doing fall as they come out. My brain is turning to fashion mush!
  • I love Pinterest, I have boards for my house inspiration, all the clothes I like, recipes, Hollywood photos, random photos, travel stuff, US presidential pins. You name it, I have a board for it. Such a delightful way to waste a few hours with a coffee.

• I love Pinterest, too!  I innocently started ideas for my daughters wedding 4 years ago, and I have exploded to 36 boards (just noticed that)).  Mostly humorous, costumes, rare things I find on Contra Dance, health, recipes, gift ideas, cabin ideas,  the usual ;)  So glad to learn how to turn off the suggestions pins, grrrr!  Ha ha, and the watermelon cake, egads, enough already!  If I want cake, give me a good Texas Sheet cake recipe ;)
    https://www.pinterest.com/lauriebtx11/
  • Love, love, love that this board exists.

Hope I did that right. I pin lots and lots of stuff.  lots of fashion, art, pottery, random stuff, drag queens (obvs).
  • I am loving the stuff you Kittens are pinning! So much good content!
  • I'm there as Athenrein. I hadn't been using it in a while, and recently got back into it. I actually want to get back into photography and start posting my own things - food and crafts I've made. But for now it's just some clothes, some home decor inspiration, and some random stuff.
  • Yay!!! Just went on a following spree :)
  • edited April 2015
    Yay!!! Just went on a following spree :)

Me, too! I'm Plastic Mouse there, too.

Sorry - I'm doing this from the phone, so links don't always work.

I have mostly house related pins, and recipes. Can't wait to see more of the beautiful fashion and costumes y'all have been pinning! 
  • edited April 2015

Oops, double posted when trying to fix a typo. 
  • Im at lfg2113 :)
  • Love Pinterest. Here's one of my boards:

https://www.pinterest.com/jimig/someday-ill-be-a-skinny-bitch/

I look forward to following fellow BKs!

• edited April 2015
    I have a bunch of boards but I pin a lot of the cookies I decorate 

• Hi there, I'm at zanyattic. I've just followed a bunch of you, and didn't know how to let you know (can you send direct messages, other than through comments?). 

I looove Pinterest, and not surprisingly have boards on fashion (especially accessories, *especially* handbags), food, kid things, design boards for home things and houses, gadgets, articles, and humor. Less common, I have boards on umbrellas, humidifiers (the design of), hanboks (Korean traditional clothing), toys from the 70s and 80s, language, and global infographics. 

I wish there were a way to have sub-boards. 
  • Hi there, I'm at zanyattic. I've just followed a bunch of you, and didn't know how to let you know (can you send direct messages, other than through comments?). 

I looove Pinterest, and not surprisingly have boards on fashion (especially accessories, *especially* handbags), food, kid things, design boards for home things and houses, gadgets, articles, and humor. Less common, I have boards on umbrellas, humidifiers (the design of), hanboks (Korean traditional clothing), toys from the 70s and 80s, language, and global infographics. 

I wish there were a way to have sub-boards. 
    sub-boards would be absolutely awesome!
  • https://www.pinterest.com/hstrylvr/

I just followed a bunch of you!  I mainly pin recipes, crafts, and various other things that catch my fancy.  
  • https://www.pinterest.com/jgonz85/

All I seem to be pinning lately is ikea hacks...
  • @smalltwnfashion I shift things to my "pin there, done that" board when I have made or bought something. I also like to comment on whether things have worked out!
    What an awesome idea for a board! I may uh, borrow this idea

Also followed a bunch of you on there who I hadn't followed yet. :) 
  • Channing Tatum (or his team) has quite a sweet board for dishware https://www.pinterest.com/unwrappedphotos/
  • Patty_D said:
    I loathe picked for you! And you have to turn them off for each individual board now, which is such a hassle.

Ah - there is a way to turn them off?  Good.

ETA - or, not.  Not finding the option anywhere.  Rats.

It's not in your account settings - but when you get a picked for you, if you mouse over it, there is a cross - a very faint and hard to see cross - if you click that it gives you the option of hiding all picked for you pins based on that board.
    The BASTARDS have changed it. Now instead of "Hide all picked for you based on that board" it's "Hide all similar to..." - which means they can still do picked for you posts that are slightly different.
  • I have come over to the dark side, lol. I got tired of trying to look at pinterest boards only to be blocked because I wasn't a member. At least joining with facebook, I was allowed to uncheck all the options they wanted to be nosy about, friends, interests, etc, except for my email. Except now I realize it's under my real name. Oh well. I haven't followed any of y'all yet, but I will.
  • oh my stars, @astangajunkie your "dwelling" board is giving me the vapors those rooms are so beuatiful.
  • I'm https://www.pinterest.com/ladysonnet/

It's some crafting and costumes and fannish things, but it's mostly fashion history things.  It skews heavily to Victorian and Edwardian, but I've got a fair mix of everything in there.
    @LadySonnet ~ I love how you have your fashion-history boards broken down by decade / era!!
  • Could someone please explain this pinterest stuff to me?

I make mosaic pieces.  I pinned all of them to a pinterest board...and now what?  How do I get them seen?  How is this pinterest game played?  I'm old and confused.
  • Pinterest is not a good marketing tool, IMO. It's too easy for the images to become divorced from the original pinning site, which won't lead back to you unless you have watermarked the images or done them as a collage with all your details on. Otherwise it's just an organic thing - someone will search for mosaic, find your pictures and pin them on their boards etc. About once a year I check what's been pinned from Foodycat and it's hardly ever the things that I personally pinned.
  • Could someone please explain this pinterest stuff to me?

I make mosaic pieces.  I pinned all of them to a pinterest board...and now what?  How do I get them seen?  How is this pinterest game played?  I'm old and confused.
    I recommend using tags or key terms in each of your pins descriptions fields. Also, if you want to increase traffic and interest to your pin site, I would start following and maybe even pining related pinners and pins. It's a network/domino effect. I'm currently writing a research paper on Pinterest.
  • Did anyone know this was a thing https://uk.pinterest.com/omcghee519/please-stop-over-pinning-boards/ ? I have never heard of this before! (until a friend of mine got blocked for pinning a few of someone's pins in close succession).