The BK Forums User Guide and FAQ

123457»

Comments

• We've been working on this issue for days now. Please understand we did not approve this ad. Our tech people say it shouldn't be happening as much by now, but if you're still getting them, try cleaning your cache.
  • I haven't experienced the issue since Friday evening.  I was catching up quite a bit on Saturday and didn't get any intrusive  ads.  Thanks for taking care of this!
  • I keep thinking about getting Photobucket so I can share pics of my kitteh. Every time I hesitate because looking at the reviews so many are quite negative. I would be using on an Android phone. I need kitteh wisdom. Any thoughts @WinterWhite? >°°<
  • I keep thinking about getting Photobucket so I can share pics of my kitteh. Every time I hesitate because looking at the reviews so many are quite negative. I would be using on an Android phone. I need kitteh wisdom. Any thoughts @WinterWhite? >°°<
    Hi, @GraziDiMenti

Photobucket works very well for me, and is easy – BUT – I'm on a desktop Mac.  So I hope an Android phone-using BK can respond and tell you about his/her experience!

PS   If you get terribly frustrated, or just decide not to decide yet, you're welcome to PM me.  Anytime!  I'll give you my address and you can email me whatever kitteh photo(s) you were hoping to post.  One of my Photobucket accounts is totally private, and used only for photos I post here...I would be happy to add Daniel, then send you the URLs for his photos.  (Along with step-by-step instructions on what to do with those URLs, so that we can all FINALLY meet this kitty-boy!) :)

• @GraziDiMenti I've only used photobucket on a desktop too - sorry!
  • edited September 2015
    @GraziDiMenti ; I only use photobucket from a Windows laptop, so I can't help you...sorry. Are the negative reviews only related to using photobucket from an Android phone, or just in general?
  • Zoeg said:
    @GraziDiMenti ; I only use photobucket from a Windows laptop, so I can't help you...sorry. Are the negative reviews only related to using photobucket from an Android phone, or just in general?

It was hard to tell. There were quite a few complaints re slow downloads and impact on battery life, that sounds like either phone or tablet. I can download the app, if I don't like it I can uninstall.
  • Zoeg said:

It was hard to tell. There were quite a few complaints re slow downloads and impact on battery life, that sounds like either phone or tablet. I can download the app, if I don't like it I can uninstall.
    Good luck!
  • I just finally got around to updating my iPad today, after letting it lie dormant for several months. Installed the latest iOS update, and have discovered that here on bitter kittens after I read the latest comments, the notification does not go away. This will be pretty annoying if I can't figure it out. Anyone else had the same issue?
  • UPDATE. now it is working! Right after I posted in this thread. But the "edit post" button did not work.
  • help!  i am a longtime bitter kitten, i read your blog first thing every day, for years and years now.  but i can't figure out how to use the forum!  am i stupid or what?  all i want to do is watch project runway while chatting with the kittens in the lounge, just like the old days.  i know this must be happening somewhere, somehow, but searching for project runway season 14 is getting me nowhere.  can you explain to me in simple idot language how to find my friends?  love you sleah    [email protected]
  • help!  i am a longtime bitter kitten, i read your blog first thing every day, for years and years now.  but i can't figure out how to use the forum!  am i stupid or what?  all i want to do is watch project runway while chatting with the kittens in the lounge, just like the old days.  i know this must be happening somewhere, somehow, but searching for project runway season 14 is getting me nowhere.  can you explain to me in simple idot language how to find my friends?  love you sleah    [email protected]

I don't know if this will work but you can try going to the TLounge open thread Ashtangajunkie honeymoon edition and letting the kittens know you will be chatting PR in the Project Runway thread in the Television and Film section. There were some pretty lively chats done by some Mad Men fans that worked that way.
  • @sleah_in_norcal   You are far from stupid, it is just that the old days are gone, gone, gone. While GraziDiMenti has given you a good suggestion, unfortunately the live chatting over a show has mostly gone away here. The forum just doesn't lend itself to that kind of easy commenting that the old Lounge did that was dedicated to PR every Thursday night. It got too unwieldy for the uncles to moderate with often over a thousand comments. And I'm sure you've noticed there is no way to do "likes" here, or to nest comments and replies. I understand your frustration and I think a lot of people feel the same way but I don't think it will come back. Apparently some bitter kittens have gone over to commenting live on bloggingprojectrunway.com. A quick glance shows there were 650 comments made there tonight. It uses disqus and your same avatar as the TLo site. Try that and look for people you recognize. Then come back to bitterkittens and chat on any of the many topics.
  • People are also doing a lot of PR chat on the podcast posts on the main site.
  • edited October 2015
    @GrazidiMenti, in case you are still looking for a way to share photos here, this is what I do:

If for example, I used my phone to take an adorable photo of Murray watching the Great British Bake Off and hanging off of Paul Hollywood's every word... Then I would post that photo to a private pinterest board. In pinterest, there is a button that as a globe and the word "image" and that opens a page that is a perma-link to the image itself... That is the link I paste into the BK forum image processor thingie.

I dont know if this solves your problem, but aside from it being several steps it's fairly quick.

And now, Murray watching Baking from his favorite seat (a box of tissue paper).
  • Murray bathing in Paul Hollywood's blue eyes is wonderful!
  • @AlisonHendryx I realize this wasn't technically directed at me, but I found it super duper helpful!! I thought I had to sign up for a flikr account of some sort which made me uncomfortable because 1) I'm lazy and 2) I didn't know how to keep my ish private should I share something.  I'll try the pinterest way!
  • @AlisonHendryx I realize this wasn't technically directed at me, but I found it super duper helpful!! I thought I had to sign up for a flikr account of some sort which made me uncomfortable because 1) I'm lazy and 2) I didn't know how to keep my ish private should I share something.  I'll try the pinterest way!
    Murray and I are here to help!

I realize also, that if you don't know how to use pinterest this may not be enough information to explain it. If anyone wants details, PM me
  • Murray is SO cute, @alisonhendryx! Did you post pictures of him on the Pets of the Lounge thread? I'm like 200 messages behind on that thread, but if you didn't, you should! We love a good cat pic!
  • edited October 2015
    I did @offtoSeeHim, but I agree, that thread grows by leaps and bounds and I am also behind a lot ... I didn't post this particular pic, this is a new one... anyway, we are getting *off topic* here and I am afraid any more kitty talk with bring the uncles to finger wag. so... if anyone has questions about my odd way to post photos, let me kno!
  • edited October 2015
    Hmmm I just tried to do this in Pets of the Lounge and it didn't look like it worked.....

Never mind it looks like it worked this time so I'll try to post in the proper thread to keep things on topic
  • So, I have a minor grump that I've finally decided to air and see if anyone knows a short cut...

I frequently use the forums on my iPhone, and I find it vaguely annoying that i click on the little drop down menu, and if there are notifications, there is a little number next to my screen name. So I click on that. And then it brings me to my "profile" and then I have scroll down and click on something else called notifications to actually get to see what I wanted to see. Is there anyway to eliminate a step here? Could "notifications" possibly be added to the drop down menu in the mobile version of the site, instead of being a link at the bottom of our profiles? 
  • edited March 2016
    How do you delete post and messages?

I asked in another forum and did not get an answer.

(sorry to bother everyone and take up your time)

I just want to clean up/kill some old topics.
  • @largishbearishAtlish
    Bear, I don't think it's possible to do any of the things you have asked. I've noticed the edit function for posts goes away after 24 hours or even less. I guess it's different from disqus, since there you can delete your entire account, and all the posts just vanish. Other forums on the web may be set up differently but I think that's just the way it is for this forum. You might be able to send a private email to Tom and Lorenzo to see if they would delete for you. I don't know their policy on that.
  • "Messages" – as in Private Messages?  If that's the case:  click on the message/message thread you want to delete.  On the right-hand side of the page there's an option that says "Delete Conversation."