Who is... Alex Trebek?

Comments

• Making a certain California trip in a couple of weeks... WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Congrats, excellent news!
  • edited October 2015
    @Fred_V ;  Fingers crossed.  Enjoy your trip!
  • Awesome! I'm hoping to get the same call myself so I'm wicked jealous right now.
  • Wow! Good luck, @Fred_V!
  • @Fred_V congratulations and good luck!
  • edited November 2015
    @Fred_V ; I'll be looking for you!  Good Luck!  Say "Hi" to us Kittens.
  • @Fred_V  Congratulations on making to the show and Good Luck!
  • I'm so freakin' nervous, but the arrangements are made.
  • Good luck!!
  • @Fred_V ; Please let us know the dates the show tapes AND airs.   We can send "good vibes".  Go get 'em, Fred!
  • no one cares but was talking to a very old friend (haven't talked to in 15 years) and suddenly he popped up with the story- another old friend called him out of the blue saying Turn on Jeapordy now!!!

On the show was Sophie ______, you know in your group, in your 20s someone dates that one skank briefly? (she was infamous for wearing short shorts and 'forgetting' to wear underwear (even the straight guys said 'ewwwww' (or turning it inside out?)... it didn't last long (the him dating this twit).....ick.

She was on Jeapordy! (didn't win, but didn't make a fool of herself...) a 'single mother of two and poet' (I guess poet doesn't pay too bad if you can feed 2 kids on it?
  • Flying to LA in 4 days... and soaking up info. Of course, I have a day job and a husband and stuff, so we'll see where this multitasking leads.
  • @Fred_V good luck!!! Let us know when you're on - I've recently rediscovered Jeopardy & Wheel of Fortune after a few years of never catching it, and I'll root for you (blahblahblah already taped whatever with your logic) :-)
  • Good luck, Fred!
  • Best of luck; I watch a couple of times a week, so I hope to see you on my TV!
  • Good luck and have fun!! (Jeopardy is my favorite game show.)
  • edited November 2015
    Got the bad news call yesterday en route to the airport - knee surgery the other day for Alex, so no taping this week. Redo next month (when it'll be even colder here in 'Sconnie, and I'll appreciate the California sun of it all that baby bit more). Did get a nice dinner in with the stepson and stepdaughter-in-law last night while I was in Minneapolis before driving back home today, though (and we'll do so again up there this coming weekend for the previously planned early Thanksgiving time that I would've flown back from LA for!!)
  • Fred_V said:
    Got the bad news call yesterday en router to the airport - knee surgery the other day for Alex, so no taping this week. Redo next month (when it'll be even colder here in 'Sconnie, and I'll appreciate the California sun of it all that baby bit more, even in mid-December!). Did get a nice dinner in with the stepson and stepdaughter-in-law last night while I was in Minneapolis before driving back home today, though (and we'll do so again up there this coming weekend for the previously planned early Thanksgiving time that I would've flown back from LA for!!)

• Keep us apprised on the new date to watch for, @Fred_V . I'm glad you got some pleasant family time out of it all though. 
  • Fred_V said:
    Got the bad news call yesterday en router to the airport - knee surgery the other day for Alex, so no taping this week. Redo next month (when it'll be even colder here in 'Sconnie, and I'll appreciate the California sun of it all that baby bit more). Did get a nice dinner in with the stepson and stepdaughter-in-law last night while I was in Minneapolis before driving back home today, though (and we'll do so again up there this coming weekend for the previously planned early Thanksgiving time that I would've flown back from LA for!!)

Arghhhh... The anticipation. Enjoy the respite?
  • Fred_V said:
    Fred_V said:
    Got the bad news call yesterday en route to the airport - knee surgery the other day for Alex, so no taping this week. Redo next month (when it'll be even colder here in 'Sconnie, and I'll appreciate the California sun of it all that baby bit more, even in mid-December!). Did get a nice dinner in with the stepson and stepdaughter-in-law last night while I was in Minneapolis before driving back home today, though (and we'll do so again up there this coming weekend for the previously planned early Thanksgiving time that I would've flown back from LA for!!)

• Apologies for the reposts - typos annoy me!
  • edited November 2015
    ...and did I mention that when this trip DOES happen, it'll still be a bonus jumpstart to my and mines' HONEYMOON?? (He's never seen El Lay, so that'll be gorgeous... and we added an extra day out there for this redo!). The real thing was supposed to happen in Florida for his birthday/visiting his snowbirding mom on her birthday/my excuse to take in Mets' spring training/my excuse to keep him FAR AWAY from Cubs' spring training - WHO NEEDS ARIZONA, REALLY? - later this winter.
  • Fred_V said:
    ...and did I mention that when this trip DOES happen, it'll still be a bonus jumpstart to my and mines' HONEYMOON?? (He's never seen El Lay, so that'll be gorgeous... and we added an extra day out there for this redo!). The real thing was supposed to happen in Florida for his birthday/my excuse to take in Mets' spring training/my excuse to keep him FAR AWAY from Cubs' spring training - WHO NEEDS ARIZONA, REALLY? - later this winter

• Fred_V said:
    Fred_V said:
    ...and did I mention that when this trip DOES happen, it'll still be a bonus jumpstart to my and mines' HONEYMOON?? (He's never seen El Lay, so that'll be gorgeous... and we added an extra day out there for this redo!). The real thing was supposed to happen in Florida for his birthday/visit with his snowbirding mom for HER birthday/my excuse to take in Mets' spring training/my excuse to keep him FAR AWAY from Cubs' spring training - WHO NEEDS ARIZONA, REALLY? - later this winter

• @Fred_V let us know when your trip is rescheduled! 

(And if you click on the little gear in the upper right of your comment, you can edit it for up to 24 hours after you post, so you can correct typos without re-posting, if you want).
  • Distracted posting...
  • Any thoughts about the Tournament of Champions? Certainly had some exciting moments. I was happy with the outcome.
  • That guy just freaking dominated, it was awesome. I knew he was going to win when he bet  over 15000 in the Daily Double in the first game and got it right.