Who is... Alex Trebek?

Comments

• KarenFK said:
    They definitely robbed you on the Caravan/RV question @Fred_V ! But Yay! Congratulations!
    Agreed! I'm surprised they didn't reverse it. I consider a mobile home and RV pretty synonymous. Some RVs aren't mobile homes, but the big ones sure are.

Great job again @Fred_V! I thought the Final Jeopardy question was worded strangely. By "follow up line" I thought they meant a response.
  • Woohoo @Fred_V!  I'm excited to watch you again tonight!
  • KarenFK said:
    They definitely robbed you on the Caravan/RV question @Fred_V ! But Yay! Congratulations!
    I thought the same.
  • KarenFK said:
    True, but it feels like a mior little error now. Sonam was no joke on last night's show!
  • As soon as the Final Jeopardy clue came up, I thought any Bitter Kitten knows that! Way to go @Fred_V. I totally knew the guy in the lead didn't know the answer and probably never watches the Emmys.
  • YAAAAAY @Fred_V!  Way to WIN!  I've watched every night you've been on.  I told Mom when we watch that I "know" you.  She said you have a soothing voice.
  • @Fred_V I am impressed with how relaxed and calm you seem on the show. I am not sure I could even stand still if I were in your position!
  • I got screwed again on "adept". Also, Alex made some very kind comments in response to my charity discussion that got edited out, likely for running time.
  • Fred_V said:
    I got screwed again on "adept". Also, Alex made some very kind comments in response to my charity discussion that got edited out, likely for running time.
    My mom and I agreed on that!  We thought you should have gotten it b/c it wasn't clear what they were looking for.  Boo.
  • Fred_V said:
    I got screwed again on "adept". Also, Alex made some very kind comments in response to my charity discussion that got edited out, likely for running time
    So agree!   They were not clear at all on what kind of answer they wanted. 
  • I was watching at the gym and probably looked like a weirdo when I got very excited everytime you got an answer correct. when I saw the final jeopardy category I thought He's got this in the bag! Very exciting! 
  • We now refer to it as "The Fred_V Show."  :)
  • Fred_V said:
    I got screwed again on "adept". Also, Alex made some very kind comments in response to my charity discussion that got edited out, likely for running time.
    My mom and I agreed on that!  We thought you should have gotten it b/c it wasn't clear what they were looking for.  Boo.
    I wonder if sometimes after shows the writers go "Yeah, that category seemed like a good idea. Let's never do it again."

Great job again @Fred_V!
  • Fred_V, we've been watching at work (I time my break so I can watch Jeopardy) and loving every minute!  Great job!
  • @Fred_V you did the BKs proud!!
  • What a run! Congrats @Fred_V!
  • Tough competition tonight @Fred_V ! You had a great run. I hope you had fun with it.
  • Congratulations, Fred!  We enjoyed your quiet, calm demeanor and lack of annoying mannerisms!  Well done. I would like to hear more about the mechanics of the show, if you are allowed to say.
  • Congrats on your successful run, @Fred_V. You brought such an air of calm to the show that I could actually watch it--usually as the fast-talkers get going, I have to walk away because i find myself getting too worked up for no reason (ie, not because of the game). What a great experience you must have had!
  • What pretty much what everyone else has said, @Fred_V.  I didn't catch Monday's episode as my husband just gave me my birthday gift.  Tuesday's episode was a good prelude to the online contestant quiz.  I think I did fairly well.  I do hope if I ever do get on the show, I can do as well and be as calm and together as you!  I did feel that Tuesday was an auspicious day for the quiz as not only was a fellow BK the returning champion, it also would have been my grandmother-in-law's 100th birthday. She died last year at the age of 99.
  • I just want to echo everyone else and congratulate you on a great run. Your wide ranging knowledge and calm under pressure was impressive.
  • edited February 2016
    Wasn't trying to be a stranger, y'all.

There are just so many crazy feelings in my head now that all the episodes have aired. Oddly, after watching last Thursday's show (I bowed out on waaaaay-too-cute wagering to a class act in Mara Apostol, BTW.), there are many more good feelings than there were before (If you just happen to flirt with as long a J! run as I fell into - READ: first contestant past 3 wins since the last Tournament of Champions - be prepared for a lot of attention. If you find out a family member passed within hours after they watched you become a Jeopardy! champ, like my cousin did, prepare to put everything you ever thought about the experience in some new and different light. P.S. Cancer is all kinds of ass!!)

I live in a small town in a sorta-forgotten part of a state - Wisconsin - that people have ideas about, especially people with complexions like mine for worse and for better. My neighbors know - and haven't let me forget - how I glorified the Driftless Region in addition to myself in that bunch of televised days last week, as well as other places and groups of people dear to me. I also had the luck of being champ during the week of the adult online exam - and I got to "big-ups" said exam in a few radio interviews.

...and found that there is life after the term "awash with peppers"...

...and survived almost having a problem with Houston...

....and got to shout out on-air to the nonprofit that has gainfully employed my new husband for the past 36 years (and whose resale shops unintentionally furnished an unhealthy percentage of my Jeopardy! wardrobe) and the good work they do for vulnerable members of the community...

...and found new friends. Seriously, if you get on the show, the love and - especially - understanding will come quickly from former and future contestants, win or lose! They will become your harshest critics and that little bit more of a support system at times.

I could go on - and might again in the future - but that's my $0.02 at this moment at the end of a better-than-average experience.
  • BONUS: I participated in the Jeopardy Live Panel over the weekend, discussing the week in J!... 
  • Wow, not sure if that Double Jeopardy bet by Philip was genius or madness. I mean, from my perspective it was easy, but he had trouble with it. Paid off big however. Seemed like for a second like he was going to do a 'Clavin'.
  • That was so stressful to watch! I knew the answer and was yelling it at my screen, and I was so scared that he was going to blow it. I actually rewound and watched the moment when Alec said he got the answer right several times. I like Phillip and I hope he's there for a while. There've been a lot of 1 and 2 day winners lately, there hasn't been a good winning streak since the bus driver.
  • Oh my God, that was terrifying! I was in the kitchen and I said to my husband, "Did he say $19,000????? Is he out of his goddamn mind????" And then he pulled the answer out of his ASS at the last possible second! 

CRAZY!!
  • I love Phillip! I'm so glad that bet paid off - it sounded like he thought Vancouver was too easy, and was trying to think of what else it could possibly be.
  • That's one thing they told us at the audition, is to try not to overthink it because a lot of the time the obvious answer is the right one. This was one of those times.
  • Hi y'all! I know it's been a while (during which I've been recognized from Jeopardy! by a lovely Jamaican lady working a rental-car counter in Ft. Lauderdale, and in a big, floppy touristy hat by a guy driving a City of Key West maintenance truck), but I'm delurking to say this...

Andrew Pau... or Andrew WOW!!!!!
  • So it seems we have a 'controversial' Jeopardy champ. Since I'm West Coast I have not yet seen Friday Ep. and it could all be over. I was surprized that there was Buzzy hate, that he sort of does the whole SNL, Sean Connery, Trebek thing when it is a runaway is funny to me, the show is meant to be entertaining, it is not more than that. So he's confident and has a distinctive persona/voice, more power to him. Viva le Buzzy.