What is making you Happy today?

Comments

• The black women of Alabama turning out and bringing the rest of the state up to a human level.
  • I have to share this with the BK's: last night I dreamed that Chris Hemsworth was in my bedroom, naked. I don't think I need to analyze that too closely!
  • Yesterday I read an article containing the twitter exchange between some guy and Sarah Silverman. (He called her the C-word, she responded empathetically about his situation/anger/etc; the back-and-forth exchange eventually resulted in her hooking him up with some free therapy for his back problems and telling him that she believes in him). I've never been a devoted fan of her ( I find her funny at times), but I was heartened to see that one example of how a situation can be turned around with a compassionate approach.
  • nolakent said:

Yesterday I read an article containing the twitter exchange between some guy and Sarah Silverman. (He called her the C-word, she responded empathetically about his situation/anger/etc; the back-and-forth exchange eventually resulted in her hooking him up with some free therapy for his back problems and telling him that she believes in him). I've never been a devoted fan of her ( I find her funny at times), but I was heartened to see that one example of how a situation can be turned around with a compassionate approach.

I saw that on Twitter, it was lovely. Looks like she was getting him some help. I hope he can turn his life around.
  • I'm home from the hospital! (See the grumpy chain.) Taking a shower at home was the best thing!
  • That's a great step forward, @knitgirl17
  • The funny thing is I feel great! I have more energy than I have in a while. I'm just tied to the bathroom. Fortunately work is just a 10 minute drive. I normally walk, or take the bus if it's cold or rainy, but I need to be able to get to the bathroom within 2-3 minutes when its time to go.
  • I had the stent out on the 5th, so I'm truly back to normal. Have to pee into a container for 24 hours on Sunday so they can figure out what caused the stone, hopefully no big dietary changes. I definitely don't want to go through another kidney stone. We got a lot of snow last week, but sidewalks are clear so I've been able to do a lot more walking. Walked to work the last 3 days and will do it again this morning.

Oh and the other day when I got home from work, the sky was an incredible deep blue. It filled me with a quiet joy.
  • I had the stent out on the 5th, so I'm truly back to normal. Have to pee into a container for 24 hours on Sunday so they can figure out what caused the stone, hopefully no big dietary changes. I definitely don't want to go through another kidney stone. We got a lot of snow last week, but sidewalks are clear so I've been able to do a lot more walking. Walked to work the last 3 days and will do it again this morning.

Oh and the other day when I got home from work, the sky was an incredible deep blue. It filled me with a quiet joy.

Yay
  • Got this password drama (sort of) straightened out, and I'm BAAAACK!!
  • My hair is coming back in!!!! woo hoo!!! sigh :)
  • Fred_V said:

Got this password drama (sort of) straightened out, and I'm BAAAACK!!

Welcome back

And welcome back!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • and got a date with Coffee Bear tomorrow (happy happy dancing :smiley: ) now for that promised (in Dec!) 'spend-the-night'...sigh (we have even talked about Angus & Bella meeting...(a 9 year old 'schnottie' & a 10 year old miniature bull terrier...

oh, he has 2 sons, 4 grandsons...(wouldn't you imagine 1 and 2 of each? Nope (lol) turns out 1 is gay as a goose! the other is...well, VERY 'straight' (his words)....:)
  • and got a date with Coffee Bear tomorrow (happy happy dancing :smiley: ) now for that promised (in Dec!) 'spend-the-night'...sigh (we have even talked about Angus & Bella meeting...(a 9 year old 'schnottie' & a 10 year old miniature bull terrier...

oh, he has 2 sons, 4 grandsons...(wouldn't you imagine 1 and 2 of each? Nope (lol) turns out 1 is gay as a goose! the other is...well, VERY 'straight' (his words)....:)

Good for you. Thinking positive thoughts.
  • Have a lovely time, Bearish!

was nice, but TOO SHORT!!! sigh...and sitting outside 'Bearbucks' I want some one on one time... but he did reach over and hold my hand...:) finding out more mysteries...(he fell HARD for a guy, only to discover (via Facebook) that the guy was seeing someone else...explains his...skittishness. but sheesh is he BUSY!

oh, I did ask if I could come to his 'non-belly button birthday" (aka his11 of sobriety) he said sure! I would be glad you can come (don't want to intrude on "his" space) he is making his own cake (Tres Leches- yum- but will NOT TOUCH IT (somehow I think pooping my pants would ruin a mood)...
  • I start my new job today! So nervous...

Starting a new job is so tough, I hope it goes really well. Report back.

Good luck! Was that the one you did your nails for the interview for?

Nerves are natural, good luck.
  • That all that my car needs is brakes. Had been making noises and since I'm pretty clueless didn't recognize problem and was worried it was going to be something more spendy. Won't get car for a couple days, so I'll miss work, but hey it could have been so much worse.

was nice, but TOO SHORT!!! sigh...and sitting outside 'Bearbucks' I want some one on one time... but he did reach over and hold my hand...:) finding out more mysteries...(he fell HARD for a guy, only to discover (via Facebook) that the guy was seeing someone else...explains his...skittishness. but sheesh is he BUSY!

oh, I did ask if I could come to his 'non-belly button birthday" (aka his11 of sobriety) he said sure! I would be glad you can come (don't want to intrude on "his" space) he is making his own cake (Tres Leches- yum- but will NOT TOUCH IT (somehow I think pooping my pants would ruin a mood)...

Good luck! Was that the one you did your nails for the interview for?
    Haha yeah, it was. It was an interesting orientation. Tonight is my first proper shift and I"ll be "shadowing" someone so we'll see how it goes.
  • Spring is here!! It was 80 on Saturday, a little cooler now, but that's it!! Winter is over for me!!! ;)
  • The fact that Adam Rippon has been invited to the Oscars just thrills me to no end. I can’t wait to see him meet Reese Witherspoon and Meryl Streep, in addition to seeing what he wears and just everything he’s going to say and do on the red carpet.
  • I'm coming out of my winter cocoon. It's still cold, but I'm walking to work again now. It's been a big help to my mood. Last night I saw a production of Anna Karenina, tonight I'm going to an Open Studio at an arts building and Saturday I'm going to see Merrily We Roll Along and then out to dinner. THIS is why I moved back to Chicago from the burbs.
  • edited April 2
    I woke up this morning in one of the worst moods, fully anticipating this to be the start of a really awful week. Then out of the blue, for no reason at all, one of my coworkers surprised me with a big bar of dark chocolate. No matter how bad this week turns out to be, I'm going to remember that generous act of kindness and be very grateful. She totally lifted my spirits.