What is making you Happy today?

Comments

• A box with new shoes from  Zappos arrived in the mail.  Funky sandals made by Alegria that have a rocking motion when you walk.  The timing was perfect.   My son went back to college yesterday after Spring break and I was having a sad.  He's a big goof ball of a kid who says things like "What time is it?  It's HUG O'CLOCK!"  He may leave his shit all over the house, but it is impossible not to miss a boy that dispenses hugs on the regular.   
  • What's making me happy? I'll tell ya. Reading through some of these discussions, from the fashion 'plus size fashion' to my rant about vacuum cleaners to the deep & serious 'Alzheimer's' thread... you are some nice, thoughtful, kind, supportive motherfuckers!!! (didn't want to get too mushy) I mean it. I wish you were all my friends IRL, in Atlanta!! Barring that, I love the hell out of this 'place' and thanks to TLo for creating it for us.
  • @DrSparkles I know, right? Funny, witty and kind - but Bitter Kittens looks better on a tshirt.

Husbeast now has 6 days off. Which is making me happy today but may be grumping me by Tuesday.
  • Today I went to a local small business to buy paint for a small household project, and discovered that they also offer an array of decorating services, including re-upholstery-and now I'm thinking about getting our aged sofa redone. Also picked up paint chips to plan more repainting

And, our daffodils are just about to bloom!
  • My meeting got out early today so I got home before seven and I ate chocolate (although I should feel bad about that) and now I'm lying on the couch relaxing before an early night.  My body has been warning me I've been working too hard, so I need to listen so I don't get deathly ill in the middle of the finals rush.
  • Clearing out some bin in preparation for some work I'm getting done. Just found the most hideous frankenshirt. I cannot believe I bought, much less wore. The sibling and I had a good laugh at how fugly this thing is and how fly I thought it was when I bought it. I may have to take pictures and share with your all.
  • It's a holiday and I have the day off tomorrow, 'nuff said.

Oooh, hope you take pics of the frankenshirt @Milaxx!
  • I have the windows open at my house today. I'm enjoying the fresh air, but even more getting a kick out of the joy this is bringing my cats. They've spent all day napping in patches of sunshine and yelling at the birds and squirrels in the yard.
  • cocohall said:
    He's a big goof ball of a kid who says things like "What time is it?  It's HUG O'CLOCK!"  He may leave his shit all over the house, but it is impossible not to miss a boy that dispenses hugs on the regular.   
    What a great kid!
  • Hermione said:
    I have the windows open at my house today. I'm enjoying the fresh air, but even more getting a kick out of the joy this is bringing my cats. They've spent all day napping in patches of sunshine and yelling at the birds and squirrels in the yard.
    I should open some windows so that the great Genghis can enjoy some spring air. I tried putting a harness on him this morning, so that hopefully I can take him outside for an occasional walk, and the poor cat was quite downcast about this. He just moped atop a box until I took the harness off, and then he returned to his normal self.
  • Hermione said:
    I have the windows open at my house today. I'm enjoying the fresh air, but even more getting a kick out of the joy this is bringing my cats. They've spent all day napping in patches of sunshine and yelling at the birds and squirrels in the yard.
    @Hermione

Oh, thank you for that lovely description of your cats.  It made me smile, and also brought up a treasured memory.  Our sweet, earnest, first-ever cat loved open windows in Springtime:  he had a favorite bedroom window, and would sit with his nose tipped up, sniffing the all news carried by the breezes…those breezes ruffling his beautiful fur.  When Matty was diagnosed with cancer at age 16-1/2, it was in the middle of a very dark winter (literally, as well as, for us, emotionally).  When things started to look bad for him in February, there was a sudden spate of astonishingly spring-like weather!  Warm, soft wind, cheery sunshine…and it lasted for days!  Matty got to enjoy his window one last time, alert and cosy and content.  It was such a gift.
  • @bitchybitchybitchy the one time we put a harness on Urchin, she keeled over, played dead and put on a display of passive resistance that could have sparked a revolution.
  • @foodycatAlicia ; @bitchybitchybitchy ; My very first cat Max was a Houdini who could contort himself out of any harness. The harness was completely useless for walking purposes but provided much pleasure watching him work it off.
  • What's making me happy today is that my partner proposed last night and I am so excited to marry him.
  • Congratulations @ashtangajunkie!
  • @ashtangajunkie ;       Congratulation ! and BEST WISHES !
  • @ashtangajunkie ; Congratulations! All the best to you both!
  • @bitchybitchybitchy the one time we put a harness on Urchin, she keeled over, played dead and put on a display of passive resistance that could have sparked a revolution.
    Genghis looked definitely out of sorts while he wore the harness.  I could tell he was puzzled and/or pissed at me.
  • @ashtangajunkie What wonderful news! Congratulations!
  • What's making me happy today is that my partner proposed last night and I am so excited to marry him.
    Squeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So happy for you! Congrats x infinity!
    CONGRATS!!!!
  • I just found out about THIS: http://www.jibo.com/

I need to get my novel published immediately so I can buy one for myself, one for my parents, and one for my sister!
  • I sold my house today!!!!!!  It was only on the market for a week and we got a bunch of offers!  We are headed into escrow!  I'll worry about all the craziness of moving later!
  • Oh, also, I'm a grad student and today in class we had a graduated student (very well settled into her career) who has come back for a few months to research something or other hand out free copies of her new book (only 5 of us, but she warned us not to  talk about in case the others got jealous) which hasn't even been released yet because she refused to take these enormous hardcovers back to the Antipodes in her suitcase.  I just looked the title up on Amazon and it retails for NINETY DOLLARS!  I got a $90 book for free!!!  (And it's actually on an interesting subject too!!)
  • @ashtangajunkie congratulations!

@GeoDiva also congratulations! 
  • What wonderful news @ashtangajunkie , congratulations and great happiness!
  • edited April 2015
    My entry for the Nike Toronto 15K was selected! ETA: my sister confirmed she got in as well and will be running the race with me!

• Not sure if happy is the right word, I think relieved is more like it. The cretin that bombed the Boston Marathon with his brother was found guilty of all 30 charges against him.

• @Hermione

Oh, thank you for that lovely description of your cats.  It made me smile, and also brought up a treasured memory.  Our sweet, earnest, first-ever cat loved open windows in Springtime:  he had a favorite bedroom window, and would sit with his nose tipped up, sniffing the all news carried by the breezes…those breezes ruffling his beautiful fur.  When Matty was diagnosed with cancer at age 16-1/2, it was in the middle of a very dark winter (literally, as well as, for us, emotionally).  When things started to look bad for him in February, there was a sudden spate of astonishingly spring-like weather!  Warm, soft wind, cheery sunshine…and it lasted for days!  Matty got to enjoy his window one last time, alert and cosy and content.  It was such a gift.
    Aw, that's beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. They really bring so much love.
  • @JeanneM ; I hadn't heard that news yet. Not happy, but glad justice has been served. I'm off to check out the news reports...