How to wear it!

2»

Comments

• Anna_P said:
    I have this one (well three, actually) from White House Black Market @Tracy_Flik:

To me, it's pretty much perfect, from the rinse, to the length and silhouette and the fact that there's no stitching that makes it look like it's obviously a denim skirt. 
    OOH I LOVE that skirt.  Totally work appropriate and doesn't scream denim. 
  • Okay - I know this isn't a denim pencil, but you get the idea - it's the graphic tee/tuxedo combo that I love. This was from my blog a few years ago. Don't judge. :)

Totally love it.
  • tinglypoet definitely do the Greek goddess look with gold and perhaps some bling too. 
  • @foodycatAlicia- Leather can go in so many different directions, what's the color, silouhette and length?

• edited April 2015
    @Stephie1020 it's a black pencil skirt - just below the knee. My main questions are hosiery and shoes! 
  • @Stephie1020 it's a black pencil skirt - just below the knee. My main questions are hosiery and shoes! 
    I love booties or high boots with leather skirts, with black tights. Depending on the top, you could go out there with the booties, by adding a pop of color, or a dramatic looking shoe boot.  High boot, I would keep with an almond toe, or non-stiletto heel for the workplace since it can go borderline too sexy.  But then again go conservative with your top and you can do a wicked sexy shoot. 
  • Shoe, that should say shoe.
  • edited April 2015
    I'm going to a wedding in a month. I got this dress from rent the runway:  I'm thinking of getting a pair of light mint pumps to go with it, but wasn't sure if that would work at all. Thoughts? 

(This is the first time I'll see my ex since we broke up, so obviously this is high stress ;-)  ) 
  • Shoe, that should say shoe.
    Oh good. "Wicked sexy shoot" doesn't sound like me at all!

I'll play around in my wardrobe based on your suggestions and see what I can see!
  • I'm going to a wedding in a month. I got this dress from rent the runway:  I'm thinking of getting a pair of light mint pumps to go with it, but wasn't sure if that would work at all. Thoughts? 

(This is the first time I'll see my ex since we broke up, so obviously this is high stress ;-)  ) 
    Nice dress! I like cobalt with mint, but I don't think it should be too pale. Turquoise is also nice with cobalt.
  • I'm going to a wedding in a month. I got this dress from rent the runway:  I'm thinking of getting a pair of light mint pumps to go with it, but wasn't sure if that would work at all. Thoughts? 

I think a gold metallic strappy sandal would be fantastic with this dress.  Gold = Power (at least that's what Mad Style tells me!), which would be an awesome statement for your ex.  

I think a gold metallic strappy sandal would be fantastic with this dress.  Gold = Power (at least that's what Mad Style tells me!), which would be an awesome statement for your ex.  
    I love the idea of a gold metalic sandal. You could go python print or something else textured, since the dress is fairly unadorned. Something like this:

• Thank you so much all! I have a great pair of gold strappy sandals, so I will rock them and save myself another shoe purchase. 
  • Stephie1020 Cute graphic tee! I have pleather leggings that I want to break out more often but have trouble pairing it with a top. I think a graphic tee would be a good option for this/a good option for a few outfits I have in mind but I don't really own any. 

Where are good places to look?
  • I like thinkgeek.com for tshirts.
  • Other good tshirt sources:

redbubble.com

riptapparel.com (a daily t-shirt on the cheap, or check their graveyard for previous designs that are slightly more expensive)

teefury.com

• If you like music-themed graphic tees, I've gotten some good ones at Rocker Rags

• There is always the Salvation Army and Thirft Shops for true vintage T shirts too. 
  • I like thinkgeek.com for tshirts.
    ... although I hear they have been acquired by hot topic. I don't know what that is going to do for the range or the quality.