Favorite Eyeshadow Palettes

edited March 2015 in Fashion & Beauty
I'm a makeup artist and I love to know what palettes people love. I can't rely on my own favorites, especially at weddings.
My faves:
Original Naked palette, Coastal Scents 88, Lorac Pro, Lorac Unzipped, my Z palette, Wet n Wild (don't knock it til you try it, pigmentation is amazing) Comfort Zone and Vanity palettes (Vanity is discontinued but you can get it online. Every shade is a MAC dupe.) And finally, the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction palette which my husband got me. (So he could have the thing inside with the Ezekiel speech. Eye roll. I wasn't expecting much but it has perfect matte neutrals.
What do y'all like?

Comments

• I tend not to buy palettes - usually I get MAC shadows, and recently I've actually managed to depot them into my own palette. I always drool over Tom Ford and Laura Mercier palettes but can't justify the prices when I know I'll only use two colours.
  • Really like Naked 3 and the new Hourglass ones. They blend so well!
  • I get palettes here and there.  I have the Urban Decay 1rst Naked Palette, I also have their Neons palettes full of bright, bold colors. I bought the Jacaranda Blossom palette by Lacome. I used to be heavily into MAC. My all time favorite is the Diana Ross quad. I mostly buy individuals and depot. I have loads of MAC and a few MUFE.
  • I'm sort of obsessed with eye shadow, it is my favorite part of makeup.  As for my favorite I really like the Nyx Natural pallette, it was my everyday look, and really inexpensive. First pallete that I pretty much finished off. Then I bought the UD Naked3 a few days ago. Love, love, love the colors, and it feels so amazing on the skin.  I was skeptical of the price but I'm totally loving it right now.
  • Very late to the conversation but I LOVE eyeshadow palettes!!  My current faves are the Tartelette palette by Tarte and the Chocolate Bar palette by Too Faced.  I ordered the new Jaclyn Hill Favorites palette by Morphe Brushes ... can't wait to play!  Also, every year, I always have to get the Smashbox - Master Class Palette.  

I "like" the UD Naked palettes, but as I have hooded eyes, I tend to gravitate towards matte shades.
  • I'm just now getting into eye shadow palettes, I've generally gravitated towards single MAC eye shadows.  I really wanted the Stila in the light palette to work, but I think some of the shades don't show up well with my skin tone, even after primer.  I really like the Two Faced Chocolate Bar palette.  A couple of times, I've bought the quad eyeshadow palettes at MAC but now I can't even remember what the colors are.  

The next one I think I will purchase is the Coastal Scents Revealed palettes because they are supposed to be dupes for Urban Decay without the price. 
  • I don't like the Coastal scents. The pigmentation is simply not there. Sure it's half the price, but you're using twice the product.  For budget shadows I'd go with E.L.F. 

I have a few palettes, but I prefer the make my own ones with either MAC or MUFE. 
    I have a new go to basic shadow that  I love. It's the L'Oreal Infallible #892. It's a perfect neutral one swipe shadow. When I want to dress it up I add a little dark brown to the crease for depth. Go really fancy, I add a colored eye liner.
  • I'm sort of obsessed with eye shadow, it is my favorite part of makeup.  As for my favorite I really like the Nyx Natural pallette, it was my everyday look, and really inexpensive. First pallete that I pretty much finished off. Then I bought the UD Naked3 a few days ago. Love, love, love the colors, and it feels so amazing on the skin.  I was skeptical of the price but I'm totally loving it right now.
    I love that NYX Naked Palette. I recently purchased and its definitely a go to.  Now I'm going to have to check out that Urban Decay....
  • My favorite three are Urban Decay Naked Basics (1st one), Lorac Pro, and Wet n' Wild Comfort Zone.
  • I know it's terrible, but I friggin LOVE this Kardashian Beauty stupid silly little eyeshadow palette! At first it was a quick 'oh, yay, on sale and small enough to fit in my tiny vacation purse!' purchase that was a total delight - the colors are perfect for my skintone with enough variety that I use all but 2-3 (the bright pink-purple is weird and way too pigmented for me, and the silver grey just doesn't do much for my skintone), and the cute pull out blush/highlighter underneath is a nice fill-in for when bringing my benetint along is too perilous (that stuff leaks everywhere and ends up staining everything!).

After my first purchase, I used the palette til the lightest colors and deepest brown were almost gone. They're not quite 'shimmer' but they're not quite matte either, which I like. They blend so well and are pigmented enough that alone they pop but blended together they look really lovely. The sorta plummy grey purple is my favorite though, I repurchased the palette when I moved and lost my original so I could have that again. These also never do the 3-hr-later-crease thing on my apparently oily eyelids. 

I've tried other palettes, but this one, weirdly enough, is the only one I consistently use for everyday and formal/evening stuff.
  • I love the Smashbox Full Exposure palette. Super great neutrals in both warm and cool tones. Shimmers and mattes. Even the brush that comes with it is great. It's my go-to everyday make-up.
  • I'll tell you a palette NOT to get -- Revlon. I recently bought a lovely neutral palette that I was so excited to try.  There is hardly any pigmentation in even the darkest color.  And I actually tend to go light on eye shadow, so if I'm saying it doesn't show up, it's pretty bad.  I was both surprised and disappointed.  
  • NAKED!!! I am a weak weak woman. I saw the new Smokey Naked palette online this am & even though I don't need any more eyeshadow, rarely wear a smokey eye, AND have about 4 of the other naked palettes, my weak ass ordered it this afternoon!!!
  • I am trying to be more adventurous in my eye makeup, so I bought the NYX Avant Pop! palette in Art Throb.  I'm loving it!  I may have to o grab the other 2 palettes in the collection.  I have a couple of the Love in Paris ones, too.  
  • NAKED!!! I am a weak weak woman. I saw the new Smokey Naked palette online this am & even though I don't need any more eyeshadow, rarely wear a smokey eye, AND have about 4 of the other naked palettes, my weak ass ordered it this afternoon!!!

I orderd mine too, just a few minutes after midnight when it came available. I know, I need help.
  • I'm still enjoying the Bobbi Brown Surf and Sand palette I bought last year. A nice combo of neutrals with a lovely blue and green, and the shades are all on the sheer side, so I can play with them and layer them.
  • vvv03 said:
    I'll tell you a palette NOT to get -- Revlon. I recently bought a lovely neutral palette that I was so excited to try.  There is hardly any pigmentation in even the darkest color.  And I actually tend to go light on eye shadow, so if I'm saying it doesn't show up, it's pretty bad.  I was both surprised and disappointed.  
    Cosigned.  I bought 2 small ones that were either translucent or so dark I looked like I had been punched in the eye. 
  • Maggie said:
    Wet n Wild (don't knock it til you try it, pigmentation is amazing)
    Definitely agree. I bought some the other day and the pigmentation is really great. And you can't beat the price - I paid $2.99 for a palette with three colors.
  • vvv03 said:
    I'll tell you a palette NOT to get -- Revlon. I recently bought a lovely neutral palette that I was so excited to try.  There is hardly any pigmentation in even the darkest color.  And I actually tend to go light on eye shadow, so if I'm saying it doesn't show up, it's pretty bad.  I was both surprised and disappointed.  
    Cosigned.  I bought 2 small ones that were either translucent or so dark I looked like I had been punched in the eye. 

Thirded on the Revlon palette,  I bought one recently that I didn't like at all.  Right now, I'm just sticking to eyeliner for the most part.  I wish I could find a brown that's a nice as the dark blue I've got. Blue is not supposed to be the right color for blue eyes though.
  • edited February 2016

Not a palette, but I love this eyeshadow: http://www.sephora.com/dual-intensity-eyeshadow-P387263?skuId=1614452

Nars, dual intensity, in Himalia. It's my go-to 'neutral' & looks FAB w green eyes.

ETA: Y'all!!!! I went on the site to get the link & ordered another shade!!!!!! #stopme

• @DrSparkles what was the other shade you ordered? I'm looking at Telesto now because I saw an Indian Youtuber wearing it.  

I'm also looking at the Gwen Stefani Urban Decay palettes both eyeshadow and blush. Pretty sure I won't get the eyeshadows because most of the colors are dupes of each other. But the blush palette is calling my name...
  • I bought the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette recently and love it. I rarely do much with my makeup so I made a NY resolution to have more fun with it. 
  • edited February 2016

@Ashtangajunkie  I've used the Naked Smoky palette some, today in fact! But I haven't gone full smoky yet (Bc I haven't been anywhere!). I'm going to Palm Springs again in a few weeks, so hopefully I'll get to have some fun makeup times!

ETA: Something weird happened & this part went into a header???: @LipstickDiva  I ordered 'Tarvos' (green). I can't go look at Telesto bc I would probably buy it too!! I am sure it is pretty :)

• I love the Naked 1 and 3 palettes; also love Too Faced Natural Matte palette, and Tarte Rainforest After Dark. The Tarte palette also has bronzer, highlighter and blush in it. It's definitely one you could take on a trip and not need anything else, plus the packaging is just so damn cool (round palette with a snake on the top and a glittery green eye). Loves me some palettes, I do. . . 
  • I'm not a big palate gal, but every so often one catches my eye. I have the original Naked palette,  and old school MAC Diana Ross quad and the Urban Decay electric palate that I bought last year. Despite the bright colors, I get a lot of wear out of the UD palette. I'm currently  on a matte lip, thick liquid liner phase so I've been buying lots of matte lips from Colourpop and Colour Raine . Both are decent quality but Colour Pop is really wallet friendly.
  • edited February 2016
    ellystar said:
    Maggie said:
    Definitely agree. I bought some the other day and the pigmentation is really great. And you can't beat the price - I paid $2.99 for a palette with three colors.
    Totally agree.  Sally Beauty Supply also has their "sally girl" line which is the same price point and just as nice.  The only wet n wild stuff I havne't liked is the concealer stick and their liquid eye liner. The longevity of their lipsticks last above and beyond the majority of my more expensive lipsticks. 

I bought the Maybelline 'The Blushed Nudes" palette and really love it.  It has some greens and pinks that I wouldn't buy singularly, but work well with the other colors in the palette. 
  • Great tip on the Tarte palette, @merciblahblah - I'm going to pick it up today!
  • ellystar said:
    Maggie said:
    Totally agree.  Sally Beauty Supply also has their "sally girl" line which is the same price point and just as nice.  The only wet n wild stuff I havne't liked is the concealer stick and their liquid eye liner. The longevity of their lipsticks last above and beyond the majority of my more expensive lipsticks. 

I bought the Maybelline 'The Blushed Nudes" palette and really love it.  It has some greens and pinks that I wouldn't buy singularly, but work well with the other colors in the palette. 
    I also agree about the Wet n Wild. The Color Icon palette in "Comfort Zone" is one of my faves. Can't go wrong for $4.99:

• I think my preference is quads.  They are smaller and easy to travel with...I probably have 8-10 quads in my make up stash.
    Lately I've been wearing out my Cover Girl eye shadow quads. I have "stunning smokeys" and "go for the golds". Also I have 3 ELF quads and usually pick only one to travel with and it works like gangbusters.  Can't beat it for $3! 
  • @TravelingDesign  What a cute picture of you! :)