Favorite Eyeshadow Palettes

Comments

• @drsparkles thanks!  It was a selfie I took for the bestie who bought the hair clip...to show her I was wearing it.  
  • I bought myself the Makeup Forever holiday palette as a Christmas present and I really like it. There are some 'out there' shades that I use for stage makeup, but some really nice neutrals for everyday.
  • Lord jesus, I clicked on that link & now may have to buy it.
  • I'm planning to break my "I don't need palettes" policy for this one http://britishbeautyblogger.com/article/fortune-favours-the-brave-mur-palette/ - 30 pans and it's going to be £10 so how can I refuse?
  • @foodycatAlicia That is a really great palette!!  And for 10 pounds?! Yes, you are definitely going to need that one. 
  • I'm planning to break my "I don't need palettes" policy for this one http://britishbeautyblogger.com/article/fortune-favours-the-brave-mur-palette/ - 30 pans and it's going to be £10 so how can I refuse?
    I think I might need that! Those colors are GORGEOUS!
    That is a steal! Pigmentation looks pretty great and the color appear to be practical for every day and dressy looks! If I wasn't on a financial diet I'd have a friend buy me one and ship is state side.
  • If you change your mind (and I can get it before it sells out!) I am happy to pop one in the post for you! I think MUR is stocked at Ulta, but I don't know how wide-spread those are.

I've bought a couple of things from MUR and the quality is good, not just "good for the price".
  • edited March 2016
    I just checked the website. It doesn't appear to have this particular palette but they do carry a fairly extensive bit of the MUR line. The large 32 shadow palattes retail for about $15 US which is a really good deal. I'm still going to behave. I just ordered a large storage trunk and plan to go through my stash and toss some of the old makeup. I really don't need to buy anything except 1 or 2 makeup brushes.
  • It's been released a couple of days early, and I have placed my order so I will keep you posted!
  • I haven't swatched yet, but it's really pretty! palette feels robust for a cheapy, thumb for scale (dainty little pans).
  • That is a lot of gorgeous colors!! 
  • me too!
  • I'm going out for dinner tonight - I think I'll be wearing a lot more eye makeup than usual! A blue smoky eye is calling.
  • Or not. Dinner has been cancelled due to both husbands (as in, mine and my friend's, they aren't both mine) being miserable buggers.

Might just have to go and have a play with the colours anyway!
  • HOW do beauty bloggers take good pictures of their own eye makeup?!
  • I love my Tarte palette- it was a limited edition Holiday essentials palette that I got at my bridal shower, and it's amazing. Plus, the case is fabulous.
  • Did anyone get their hands on the limited edition Sweet Peach palette from Too Faced? I don't see it online at Ulta or Sephora anymore, so I wonder if it was really that limited edition. I keep telling myself it's not worth the hype, but I really like some of the colors that were in it.
  • I didn't get access to the Peach palette but I did see on Instagram that other Too Faced palettes have dupes for all the colors in the Peach palette. Not sure if that's helpful or not. If you check out @angelamarytanner on instagram, she has photos showing dupes of each row of the Peach palette.

I did get the Too Faced Peanut Butter Jelly palette and that's amazing! 
  • I did get the Too Faced Peanut Butter Jelly palette and that's amazing! 
    I went to get this today at Ulta and it is sold out (and sold out online, dammit). Do you looooove it?
  • @merciblahblah I do love it!  

Maybe it's available online from Ulta? The "jelly" shade is an interesting pink/purple. You do need to wear a purple based primer underneath so more of the purple shows up. At least on my skintone, which I think is NC35 or NC37, the purple leans too pink without a more purple primer underneath. The "banana" gold shade is the perfect gold for me. It smells really good too.

Sorry! I have probably increased your lust for this even more.  

Did anyone see Urban Decay's new Alice in Wonderland palette? I don't think I'll buy it but it is beautiful. I can't figure out how to paste a picture. 

• @merciblahblah Oh oops, I just saw that you did look online too.  I'm sure you know this but at least on Ulta's site you can check by store to see if a palette is available. Most of the Ulta's in the DC area though aren't that near each other. I wish there were more Ulta's like there are Sephoras. 
  • @lipstickdiva  I saw the Alice palette and thought it was gorgeous as well. I just never know how to use those jewel tones, so I'll probably pass on it. 
  • @TravelingDesign  It is beautiful to look at but I just can't bring myself to spend the money on it. I wonder how many of those shades are dupeable. 

In general with jewel toned shades, I like to wear them on the outer corner of my eye if they are darker. If they are a lighter color I wear them across the eyelid with a transition shade.  

Maybe I'll just go stare at it in Sephora and then walk away.... with something else.
  • Oooooh, @foodycatAlicia I want that too! So pretty.
  • I bought a very cheap mulit-colored eyeshadow palette over the weekend that has the jewel tones I don't know how to use.  I figured I could at least attempt them and hopefully not look like someone punched me in the eye. 

Hopefully. 
  • Which palette did you buy? I like Wet and Wild eyeshadows for their cost and pigmentation. One look I think is cool, is to pair green and gold eyeshadow on the lid. Gold on the inner first half and then have a dark/forest green blended in the middle to outer half of the eyelid. Birchbox has a video on it: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/coastal-scents-styleeyes-palette  

I'm sure you wont look like you got punched in the face!