What's your least favorite commercial?

123457

Comments

  • Act
    anyone else think the Flo/Progressive commercials have run their course?

    time to move on?

    God yes! Like two years ago! And I hate the ones where she plays the whole family. Although I did get a giggle about "When I said be quiet, did you hear Talk more and disappoint me?"

    Actually I JUST saw that commercial and thats what made me comment..


    Kill them all!!! start over! give us an animated dog or something.... a ceramic chicken that farts bubbles...anything!
    Cannot stand the Flo commercials any more. They have totally run their course.
  • conniemd said:
    Act
    anyone else think the Flo/Progressive commercials have run their course?

    time to move on?

    God yes! Like two years ago! And I hate the ones where she plays the whole family. Although I did get a giggle about "When I said be quiet, did you hear Talk more and disappoint me?"

    Actually I JUST saw that commercial and thats what made me comment..


    Kill them all!!! start over! give us an animated dog or something.... a ceramic chicken that farts bubbles...anything!
    Cannot stand the Flo commercials any more. They have totally run their course.
    The Discount Boy Band one is pretty good, though  
  • I HATE the Liberty Mutual commercials. Especially the "BRAAAD" one: 

  • I HATE the Liberty Mutual commercials. Especially the "BRAAAD" one: 


    Thank you! I cringe whenever that one is on. It's just some ad exec's lazy idea about what 20-something women are like (I'm in my 30s and still miffed!)
  • I HATE the Liberty Mutual commercials. Especially the "BRAAAD" one: 


    Thank you! I cringe whenever that one is on. It's just some ad exec's lazy idea about what 20-something women are like (I'm in my 30s and still miffed!)
    I hate all insurance commercials because they are so full of BS. No insurance company is "On Your Side" and "Good Hands" or "there" when you need them. Their job is always to pay out as little as possible on any claim. I say this having worked on legal cases for both sides, both insurance companies and claimants. They'll find any excuse they can come up with.
  • The commercial for Central Intelligence with The Rock- there is a flashback scene with him fat (which you know is HYSTERICAL because fat= UGLY/hideous (right??) and he is singing (drawing a blank on the song)

    I might have considered this movie, but this commercial is a huge turn off.
  • the pistacio (sp?) commercials just sort of suck...

    maybe a different agency?
  • edited June 2016
    I just saw a commercial with Paul, the "can you hear me now?" guy saying that he's switched to Sprint. My literal reaction is: 1) Paul is an ungrateful vindictive ass for going against the company (Verizon) that made him wealthy and famous, and 2) Sprint is lazy and nasty for taking such a tactic.
  • The commercial for Central Intelligence with The Rock- there is a flashback scene with him fat (which you know is HYSTERICAL because fat= UGLY/hideous (right??) and he is singing (drawing a blank on the song)

    I might have considered this movie, but this commercial is a huge turn off.
    Didn't you know, @largishbearishAtlish? Fat ALWAYS equals ugly - the most mundane action immediately becomes hysterical just because it's being done by a fat person.  That commercial makes me want to smack the fuck out of somebody, because every time a fat kid gets beaten up or humiliated in a movie and everybody's laughing, it just lets everybody else off the hook for all of their persecution of and discrimination against fat people.
  • The commercial for Central Intelligence with The Rock- there is a flashback scene with him fat (which you know is HYSTERICAL because fat= UGLY/hideous (right??) and he is singing (drawing a blank on the song)

    I might have considered this movie, but this commercial is a huge turn off.
    Didn't you know, @largishbearishAtlish? Fat ALWAYS equals ugly - the most mundane action immediately becomes hysterical just because it's being done by a fat person.  That commercial makes me want to smack the fuck out of somebody, because every time a fat kid gets beaten up or humiliated in a movie and everybody's laughing, it just lets everybody else off the hook for all of their persecution of and discrimination against fat people.
    well being morbidly obese here (my folks never let an opportunity to remind me that I am quite ugly, unlovable and horrible (oddly they love(d) the show Mike and Molly- always wondered if they watched it with a barf bucket in front of them)...

    I totally agree...so glad we fat ugly people exist to amuse the none-fat and ugly folks...NOT.
  • Dove has a new ad where they say some body washes have the same ingredients as dish soap. That false equivalence doesn't automatically it a bad thing, so don't trick people.
  • ellystar said:
    Dove has a new ad where they say some body washes have the same ingredients as dish soap. That false equivalence doesn't automatically it a bad thing, so don't trick people.
    Heck, I'm old enough to remember the Madge "You're soaking in it!" ads where Palmolive dish detergent was used for the pedicure, so I definitely wouldn't necessarily think that dish detergent is too harsh!
  • nolakent said:
    ellystar said:
    Dove has a new ad where they say some body washes have the same ingredients as dish soap. That false equivalence doesn't automatically it a bad thing, so don't trick people.
    Heck, I'm old enough to remember the Madge "You're soaking in it!" ads where Palmolive dish detergent was used for the pedicure, so I definitely wouldn't necessarily think that dish detergent is too harsh!
    I thought of Palmolive too when I saw the ads, plus the Dawn ads where they use it to clean up animals after oil spills.
  • ellystar said:
    nolakent said:
    ellystar said:
    Dove has a new ad where they say some body washes have the same ingredients as dish soap. That false equivalence doesn't automatically it a bad thing, so don't trick people.
    Heck, I'm old enough to remember the Madge "You're soaking in it!" ads where Palmolive dish detergent was used for the pedicure, so I definitely wouldn't necessarily think that dish detergent is too harsh!
    I thought of Palmolive too when I saw the ads, plus the Dawn ads where they use it to clean up animals after oil spills.

    Awww, good one, yes: the image of Dawn being used to clean oil off birds is such a terrific one.
  • The G.E. 'get me an interview' jobs are getting worse and worse.
    Is this just a bad PR move? "GE they are a giant conglomerate for good"?
  • There's some "smart refrigerator" ad in which the husband calls from the supermarket for info on what they need, and the wife - who's waaaaay too keen on sculpting perfect watermelon balls - has him use his magic phone to see what's inside the fridge.  The whole setup is just too smug and bizarre, not to mention undercutting the value of the fridge-with-a-camera feature by showing that both spouses apparently require a full-blown conversation before using the thing. [That's not to say it wouldn't be handy to be able to ping one's devices for status - "Hey, fridge, is anything going bad in there? Scan the expiration date on the milk for me!" - but this ad isn't the way to display it.]
  • There's some "smart refrigerator" ad in which the husband calls from the supermarket for info on what they need, and the wife - who's waaaaay too keen on sculpting perfect watermelon balls - has him use his magic phone to see what's inside the fridge.  The whole setup is just too smug and bizarre, not to mention undercutting the value of the fridge-with-a-camera feature by showing that both spouses apparently require a full-blown conversation before using the thing. [That's not to say it wouldn't be handy to be able to ping one's devices for status - "Hey, fridge, is anything going bad in there? Scan the expiration date on the milk for me!" - but this ad isn't the way to display it.]
    makes me wonder what happened to the fridges with the tv's on the front (how long did that fad last?) ugh... its a fridge folks. move on. (and when the camera goes on the fritz- do you have to send the whole fridge in for repairs?
  • just saw a commercial that seemed to equate getting your bladder leakage under control means you get hot men....really?

    sigh
  • I just love Tina Fey, but those American Express commercials she does...not so much...I get she is 'wacky' but....they teeter on sad, not wacky/fun... Maybe she could do another line of commercials?

    Cheezits? Luggage? Lady Products? even the hair commercials she did were better...(with that gorgeous slo-mo hair....)
  • I dislike the KFC ads with an increasing number of new Colonels, so - as I try to ignore them - I didn't notice right away that the latest new Colonel, the "extra crispy" one with the deep, dark suntan, is played by...

    ...George Hamilton!

    Since he's something of the patron saint of tanning, it's a good role for him - but what with the hazards of too much sun, I was just glad to see he's still around.  [But I still hate the commercials.]
  • just saw a commercial that seemed to equate getting your bladder leakage under control means you get hot men....really?

    sigh

    I mean, on the other hand, it couldn't hurt...
  • I like(d) Amy Schumer, but the Old Navy Ad?

    some how it seems a low for me? and its awful (I think) after the first viewing... she is teetering on over exposure...

    anyone else?
  • I keep seeing commercials for the beverage Bai all the time when watching OnDemand shows from HGTV and Food Network. They are awful, and I will never ever buy anything from this company because I hate the ads so much.
  • I hate the Kit Harrington Infiniti commercials. He's definitely got the good looks, but they talk about how great driving an Infiniti makes you feel and his expression looks like Jon Snow on his way to battle an army of tens of thousand.
  • OMG, any of the ASPCA commercials. I can't stand seeing hurting animals. I have to change the channel whenever it comes on. I don't care what I switch to - as long as it's not that. 
  • 1-877-kars for kids. The jingle. The look-at-me-I'm-talented kids.

    I just want to smack each of them upside the head.
    I hate that commercial with the fire of a thousand suns, because the boy who sings in that commercial creeps me the hell out.  
  • Am reaaaaaaaaally tiring of the 'Flo' commercials (and her dressed as the 'grandfather' is really creeping me out in a bad Drag King sort of way. Isn't it time they retired Flo (or took her out back and shot her)?

    Even the 'most interesting man in the world' retired, and Shatner got a side-kick on the price changing commercials.
  • I don't like 'horror', the new commercial for AHS bugs me...ick.
  • I don't like 'horror', the new commercial for AHS bugs me...ick.

    Same here. They just make my skin crawl, with all the objects coming out places they shouldn't.
  • JeanneM said:
    I don't like 'horror', the new commercial for AHS bugs me...ick.
    Just wait...all the H'ween type movies are coming soon. ugh.


    Same here. They just make my skin crawl, with all the objects coming out places they shouldn't.

Sign In or Register to comment.