What's for dinner?

I'm making French onion soup and haricot vert. What about you?

Comments

• On Sale bbq pork, some wheat crackers and left over garbanzo, lentil, feta, tomato salad (from a potluck)
  • Reheating leftover tortilla soup I made on the weekend and a broccoli cheese omelet.

• Spinach & cheese ravioli with marinara sauce and a mixed salad with avocado.
  • I grilled some bratwurst yesterday, so I'll have that with some apples n onions and probably beets as a second veggie.
  • have never been able to get into the texture of avocado :(
  • have never been able to get into the texture of avocado :(
    Not even guacamole?!
  • I love avacado, but am not a fan of guacamole.

I'm weird, I know. 

We had bbq pork ribs, rice and broccoli for dinner tonight.
  • Zoeg said:
    have never been able to get into the texture of avocado :(
    Not even guacamole?!
    okay, Guac I can do....just not the raw ''hunks'- to mushy to me..

(hey I didn't like mushrooms growing up, now I like them)
  • Steamed artichoke with lemon and aioli and a romaine salad with umami dressing.  Bonus, a Sauvignon Blanc taste-off between Amici and Duckhorn Vineyards.  Very close but Mr. DeDe and I declared Duckhorn the winner for its longer finish.
  • Leftovers:  chicken with tomatoes and garam masala (cooked on Sunday by Mr. K from recipe by Madhur Jaffrey), basmati rice and yogurt sauce with cucumber.
  • Sushi take out.
  • Tonight? Hmmm. I had Costco chix salad for lunch... so that means something more substantial for dinner... puppy is in doggy day care all day (so that frees up my evening some!)... It may be a 5 guys night. I usually have a burger once/week  :)
  • It's been blah and rainy for the past couple of days, so I think I'll make garlic shrimp with white beans, tomatoes and whatever vegetable odds and ends I have in the crisper. The Ciabatta I got will be perfect to dip into the sauce. 
  • Saffron gemelli, and I think I'll combine my leftover basil pesto and my leftover sun-dried tomato pesto to put on top.  And a green salad.
  • I am thinking chicken sausage and broccoli frittata and a Caesar salad. But I don't feel well, I've been sleeping all day, and everyone is coming home from work/school/crew practice at wildly different times which means we will all eat separately, so it may be "whatever frozen Trader Joe's thing you want from the freezer" night.
  • Bay scallops gratin, brown rice, green beans sauteed with garlic and cherry tomatoes.
  • *raises hand* Leftover pizza????
    Frozen pizza here.
  • Duck red curry.
  • We're going to need to start extending invitations with these pronouncements. Everything always sounds better than whatever I'm making. 

I suspect we'll have salad and crusty bread tonight (spouse and I are going out to a parent night from The Boy's school afterwards), but the original plan was for vegetable Thai curry.
  • I'll probably have my last bratwurst from grilling on Monday, with leftover apples n onions and frozen corn.  Maybe even some pickled beets!

• Whatever-pasta-I-have-in-the-pantry carbonara, with whatever-vegetables-need-eating-up on the side. Clearly we need to go grocery shopping.

I'm making secret creme brulee for me and my husband after the kids go to bed, though.
  • @Spreecord  I bet secret creme brulee tastes even better than regular creme brulee  :-)  Enjoy!

Pizza tonight. A salad will probably be consumed as well.
  • So I ate what I said I would...plus a cup of pineapple for "dessert".  I know shouldn't have, but it was sooo yummy!  Chewing gum now in an attempt to not eat more.
  • Not sure what will be on the dinner menu, but I am making a rhubarb pie, for science...
  • I had a late lunch, and a rich one too, so that's going to serve for dinner as well: it was a moronga plate at a taco place near Boston. I hadn't had moronga before and enjoyed it; it's a Mexican blood sausage, which they served with roasted poblano grits, salsa verde, and a fried egg. Yum!
  • It was pretty amazing, @Zoeg. And tomorrow I'm off for a 3 day conference, and don't have to worry about cooking at all. Whee!
  • last night was white cheddar Smart Food popcorn and limeade. It's been a long week.
  • oh god, was in the mood for mac and cheese...

bought the velveeta mac and cheese (hated to buy milk). oh god. 3 bites. ugh.will windex take this taste out of my mouth? maybe drain cleaner?

time to go rummage and find something...'better'
  • Heating up leftover homemade mac and cheese with some ham from easter that I took out of the fridge.  Chocolate cake for dessert, and ginger tea to help the tummy.   
  • Roast chicken (thank you Costco), mashed sweet potatoes, peas.