What's for dinner?

Comments

• Tofu, bok choy, and dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated), sauteed with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and red curry paste. Served over brown rice cooked in the mushroom-soaking water and with some seasoned rice vinegar stirred in after cooking.
  • Breakfast quesedilla with egg whites, cheddar cheese, avocado and salsa. NOM NOM.
  • Steak & salad. I haven't really eaten for a few days and I really want something nutritious.
  • edited April 2015
    last night was white cheddar Smart Food popcorn and limeade. It's been a long week.

I too have had this meal.
  • I don't know what the rest of the savages around here are eating, but after a weekend of conference food, it's nothing but tea and clear broth for me this week. Stupid carbs.
  • Takeout from our favorite Japanese restaurant, bento#3: california roll, gyozas, salad , teriyaki chicken, rice.
  • My husband ended up bringing home a tub of salad and grocery store rotisserie chicken.
  • Half of a beef kabob hotdog with curry sauce and Greek yogurt, roasted Brussel sprouts and cauliflower, and some Mary's crackers with peanut butter.  And wine.
  • last night was white cheddar Smart Food popcorn and limeade. It's been a long week.

I too have had this meal.
    This was lunch the other day.
  • I have a pork loin rubbed with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper in the crock pot, which I'll serve with steamed snap peas and watermelon. This is kind of a brag because I never have my shit together for dinner like that.
  • @offtoseehim I made BBQ in the crock pot yesterday with potato salad and I felt like I should get a gold star.  Alas, I live alone. 
  • @offtoseehim I made BBQ in the crock pot yesterday with potato salad and I felt like I should get a gold star.  Alas, I live alone. 
    Quite frankly, any day I get dinner on the table, I feel like I should get a gold star. EVERY goddamn day, dinner takes me by surprise. 
  • Lemongrass and chilli chicken, with some stirfried cabbage and peppers. And we don't usually have dessert during the week but I bought some berries on the weekend which we haven't eaten, so I'm going to make a sort of cobbler topping thing to have on them.
  • Lemongrass and chilli chicken, with some stirfried cabbage and peppers. And we don't usually have dessert during the week but I bought some berries on the weekend which we haven't eaten, so I'm going to make a sort of cobbler topping thing to have on them.
    Every single time you post in one of the food threads, I think, "Damn, I want to eat at Alicia's!" 
    Every single time you post in one of the food threads, I think, "Damn, I want to eat at Alicia's!" 
    Haha! I'll remember to post on days when we have random leftovers as well.

The chicken recipe is really good.
  • If tonight's supper works out the way it did in my head, it'll be lovely! Cod fillets with wild garlic and walnut pesto crust, and a samphire, asparagus and tomato warm salad.
  • @foodycatAlicia ; That sounds delicious! (I had to look up what samphire is.) We're planning takeout Chinese food tonight. Not as lovely as what you're having but one of my favorite lazy day dinners.
  • I would kill (or at least maim) for a Chinese takeaway @Zoeg! We used to have an OK Chinese restaurant around the corner, but about a year ago they abandoned the premises and haven't been seen since. And we aren't in anyone else's delivery/convenient collection area*

* not entirely true, but the other one is an all-you-can-eat-for-£5 buffet and I don't want Chinese food out of bain maries.
  • I would kill (or at least maim) for a Chinese takeaway @Zoeg! We used to have an OK Chinese restaurant around the corner, but about a year ago they abandoned the premises and haven't been seen since. And we aren't in anyone else's delivery/convenient collection area*

* not entirely true, but the other one is an all-you-can-eat-for-£5 buffet and I don't want Chinese food out of bain maries.
    We had the same thing happen with our favorite Indian restaurant. It was reasonably priced and everything was freshly made and delicious. After they went out of business we tried the few others in our area and they were terrible (both the buffets and the made to order). We tried the Sukhi's Chicken Masala that they sell at Costco's, and for packaged food it wasn't terrible, but it was kind of bland; they claim it's medium hot but it's the mildest Indian food I ever tasted. And I agree about bain maries - when I get restaurant food I want it freshly made.
  • I had sad random single-guy leftovers tonight: some lettuce w vinegar, cauliflower purée, veggie marinara, and grapes. Thankfully I'll grab dinner w a neighbor tomorrow night.
  • I made polenta lasagna with a mixed greens salad. Ho hum.
  • Trying to get over a cold, so going simple with a peach-banana smoothie.  
  • edited May 2015
    Leftover chinese food from sunday's takeout dinner.
  • A new recipe : brats in sour cream sauce. A keeper, delicious, but very rich. I served it with kale salad.
  • Chobani key lime yogurt.
  • Stir fry from my CSA (community supported agriculture) box delivered to my door weekly - cabbage, bell pepper, onion, celery root, carrot, baby turnip, kale, fennel, garlic, grated ginger, and the only items not from that box... bok choy and reduced sodium soy sauce.Lots of work washing and slicing all those veggies, but totally worth it. 

I do love this CSA, Farm Fresh To You, the best of the three SoCal farm collectives that I've tried in the last year or so. They usually have at least two dozen or more fresh, organic fruits and vegetables to choose from each week, plus eggs, honey, jams, and other artisan food items.
  • I joined a friend/neighbor for sushi tonight; it was a nice break from salads.
  • Having leftover chili for dinner.  Gotta get rid of everything in the fridge before I leave in the morning.  So glad I'll be with my sister in Nawlins tomorrow and get yummy stuffs for dinner!
  • Tonight I'll be having a big serving of Hamm. And wine. And tears.
  • hamburger helper with ground turkey...:)