Ingredients:

• 2 pounds chicken breasts
    • Salt and ground black pepper
    • 15 ounces ricotta cheese
    • 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
    • 1 cup chopped celery
    • ½ cup minced Italian parsley
    • 1 egg, lightly beaten
    • 1 (12-ounce) bottle cayenne pepper sauce (like Frank’s)
    • 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
    • 12 lasagna noodles
    • 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    • Chopped scallions, for garnish

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken breasts with salt
      and pepper; place them in an even layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake
      for 30-40 minutes, until completely opaque all the way through and
      registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
    2. In a mixing bowl, mix ricotta cheese, blue
      cheese, celery, parsley, and egg, set aside.
    3. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and
      drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
    4. Let chicken cool slightly before shredding it. Reduce
      oven temperature to 350°F.
    5. Combine hot sauce with butter and mix with chicken.
    6. Spread a little of the chicken mixture on the bottom of
      a greased 13x9-inch casserole dish. Spread 4 noodles in an even layer over
      that, followed by a third of the ricotta mixture, then 1 cup mozzarella
      cheese, and ⅔ cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers twice.
    7. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake
      25 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Let cool for 10-15 minutes
      before slicing and serving with scallions.
  • I used leeks instead of celery because I hate celery.  It tastes great to me!  I'm just hoping it reheats well too haha.
  • I'm snowed in in New Hampshire, so I'm eating from the freezer and pantry. Found a sweet/hot recipe on Budget Bytes, for Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs, so that's what I'm making - should go well with a nice hoppy IPA!

• Bacon wrapped jalapenos for me. 

Singles' Awareness Day surf n' turf - NY strip steak, lobster tail, baked potato and salad.
  • I'm planning to try Golden Coconut Lentil Soup tonight, courtesy of a Budget Bytes recipe. I had all the ingredients except for the coconut milk, so had to make a supermarket run - only to find that my local shop had put their Goya coconut milk on sale and it was all gone! But I found a different brand off in the Thai section, which is more appropriate for the recipe anyway. If it turns out well I'll try and remember to get a photo.
  • http://octoberfarm.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/korean-garlic-beef-bowl.html - it's really good too! We had it with Korean sweet potato and buckwheat noodles instead of rice.

Pork dumplings!  They were so much fun to make and I have a lot of won-ton wrappers left over.  Maybe I should make more?
  • Last night I had a lovely vegetable terrine at a local restaurant during a Restaurant Week (lots of local restaurants prepare special recipes at prix fixe rates - a good excuse to try new places). The terrine consisted of whole asparagus layered with sweet peppers and mushrooms, chilled in aspic - attractive, light, and tasty, though it would have been better suited to a picnic on the grounds of Tanglewood than in a not-spring-yet New Hampshire just ahead of another snowstorm!

Tonight, at home - I'm NOT going out in that heavy, wet snow - I plan to cook some corned beef, for a hearty dish to enjoy while the snow piles up.
  • Both of those sound great @GoryDetails! I used to go to a lot of Restaurant Week events in Sydney (October) and I do miss it.

The clocks went forward this week in the UK, so it was light enough to grill - sirloin steaks, particularly succulent garlic bread and salad with homemade Caesar dressing.
  • Been on a kale salad binge. Had it last night and this evening.

I buy baby kale. It's not as coarse as the regular kale and you dont have that thick stalk to remove. I rinse and lierally salt the leave, then let them sit in the fridge for 30 min covered with damp paper towels. dressing is a few mashed strawberries, basalmic vinegar tiny bit of honey and olive oil emulsified into a vinegrette.
    I gently rinse and put the kale in the spinner to remove excess salt. Salad is a few sliced berries, kale, chopped walnuts and crumbled feta dressed with the vinegrette. Tonight I also added a sunny side up egg. 

Finally, a t-bone I can be proud of!
  • I made a chicken cutlet /paillard? (not sure if here is a difference or what it would be) for my first time ever.  I just have never done a breaded and fried meat, and it was delicious, have seen it done  many times on cooking programs. Had rice and a spinach salad on the side.  Pretty proud of myself.
  • That sounds so good!
  • Mom's making spicy Portuguese shrimp, with fresh peppers and bayleaves from the garden.  Yum!
  • Sushi from Wegman's.
  • Both sound delicious. I think it will be leftovers for me.
  • 2 cubes of watermelon for me. Or another hard boiled egg.
  • We had fish & chips last night. WIth mushy peas. And vinegar on the chips. 
    crunchy sounds SO yumm!!!
    Love fish and chips...mmmm, even sounds kind of good now, and I still haven't had breakfast
    Love fish and chips...mmmm, even sounds kind of good now, and I still haven't had breakfast
    We're moving in about 6 weeks and I'm pre-emptively sad about moving away from our chippy. It's SO good. And tragically, in the UK now good fish & chips isn't easy to come by.

BBQ chicken tonight. So good. Lots of lemon and garlic. There will be a pie made of the leftovers later in the week.
  • Had some braised short ribs night before last - a small package of them was on sale at the supermarket and I took advantage. Braised them in some homemade turkey broth from my freezer, and they came out nicely rich and tender. 

Last night I went out for Mediterranean food with a friend, and after some really good versions of standard dishes like tabouleh and hummus and stuffed grape leaves, I had a dessert I'd never heard of before. It was described on the menu as a Lebanese clotted-cream pudding with honey and pistachios, and it turned out to have a light, ricotta-cheese-like texture and flavor - not terribly sweet in itself, though the honey added just the right note.  Unexpected and very, very good!
  • You've reminded me that we're going to friends for lunch next weekend - and we always have Turkish food over there. But that pudding (which sounds a bit like Turkish kaymak) sounds divine.
  • summer weather means feta cheese and watermelon- yum!
  • My brother BBQed ribs and we had corn and a mixed salad and a very tasty beer brewed in Marin County. Delicious! There are home made strawberry coconut milk popsicles freezing for dessert.
  • Husbeast requested curry but the weather is really nice so I am going to grill chicken legs and make a satay sauce to go with them.
  • Husbeast requested curry but the weather is really nice so I am going to grill chicken legs and make a satay sauce to go with them.
    yum.... just make enough to share for all the hungry B.K.s :)