RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• I loved Ross Matthews as a guest judge, so I'm looking forward to having him on the panel!
  • Santino is out? That's terrific news!
  • I'm trying to get my boyfriend to watch it with me. Got some harrumphings, but there seems to be hope.

I just checked when it was going to premiere and imagine my delight when I find out MONDAY!!!

...if only I had the Logo channel :(
  • edited February 2015
    I'm trying to get my boyfriend to watch it with me. Got some harrumphings, but there seems to be hope.

I just checked when it was going to premiere and imagine my delight when I find out MONDAY!!!

...if only I had the Logo channel :(
    @oscarandjeeves I got my husband to watch with me by agreeing to watch wrestling with him. Now he loves it. And the similarities between the two shows is more than you would imagine. 
    My husband works on a boat offshore for 28 days at a stretch now, but he didn't for the first few seasons, so now I DVR it for him and he binges when he gets home. 
  • @katetastrophe I pointed out that I have watched more than my fair share of TWD zombies and their increasingly face-melting special effects. To which he pointed out, "I didn't ask you to." Which, to be fair, is correct. Maybe I can make some fancy analogy to makeup...

Your husband's DVR binges give me hope!! I mean, I'm watching it either way. He did send me a RuPaul gif in conversation, so I think I'm slowly working some magic ;)
  • @katetastrophe I pointed out that I have watched more than my fair share of TWD zombies and their increasingly face-melting special effects. To which he pointed out, "I didn't ask you to." Which, to be fair, is correct. Maybe I can make some fancy analogy to makeup...

Your husband's DVR binges give me hope!! I mean, I'm watching it either way. He did send me a RuPaul gif in conversation, so I think I'm slowly working some magic ;)

@oscarandjeeves You could gently introduce him with season 4 
  • Would the premiere freaking get here already!
  • Gemfemme said:
    Would the premiere freaking get here already!
    If you go on Facebook on the Logo app (I think that's it? Just check the RPDR official page and it should be near the top) you can see a 30-minute preview of the first episode. Has anyone else watched that yet?

They seem like a shady little bunch. Jury's still out on whether that's a good thing.
  • edited February 2015

• Logo has a large part of the premier episode up- I just watched the beginning (got to save the real premier for early morning March 2) but there is a larger proportion of comedy queens this year, and already a lot of shade being thrown. This is going to give me LIFE!
  • I'm so excited for tonight. Just based purely on the 10 minute preview I've seen and knowing nothing else about the Queens than that, I was drawn to Miss Fame and Violet Chachki, so far. Time will tell, but I like the way those two presented themselves. Behind those two I liked Mrs. Kasha Davis and maybe Katya, the jury is out though. I hate the way Trixie Mattel paints her face, she's going to need one hell of a personality for me to be able to look past that. Jasmine Masters seems fun, she could get exhausting though if she is that high energy all of the time.
  • Can anyone recommend good RPDR recaps? And by good I mean at least a tiny bit similar to what the uncles have been doing brilliantly for years... Aww, I'm gonna miss those recaps :(
  • edited March 2015
    I have watched all the way up to the judging using the LOGO app (and am going to re-watch that bit tonight) and I very much dislike a few of the queens already, first of whom being Jaiden Diorre Fierce (sp?). She is a bit annoying. I LOVE Tempest Dujour and I like Max (for aesthetics purposes), and I like Ms. Fame's looks, just not necessarily her attitude.
  • C'Mon SHUT UP!
  • Jaidynn has FACE. Can she teach me how to do that?
  • I'm watching this for the first time and omg, I'm so loving it. 

#dontjudge 

I think this'll be one of my guilty pleasure shows that Mr SB may or may not watch with me. But its now gone onto the DVR. So we'll see how it goes. :)
  • edited March 2015
    Currently all for Miss Fame! Also digging Violet. 

Also this seems like a good crop of queens. Lots of fun concepts and characters. 

Um. I kind of loved Max and then THAT happened on the runway and now I don't know how I feel. 
  • There seem to be quite a few comedy queens this season. I'm excited for that. They've always been my favorites in the past.
  • I haven't seen it all yet but I loved Alaska as Anna Wintour.
  • Is there a second episode tonight? My DVR has this going until 10:30....
  • Alaska as Anna Wintour: "It's hideous. I'll put it on the cover."
  • I'm not surprised Tempest didn't make the cut. It's a hard road for an old broad. Especially one that has just had a body transformation. It takes time to get familiar in a new body.

Good judges panel. I like the additions of Ross and Carson. Though, they are sweeter than they are snarky. 

• So excited for the new season, let's chat about it.
    Over the weekend someone gave my daughter a white rat for her birthday.
    My daughter: Her name is Bianca.
    Me: Bianca Del Rio?
    My daughter: No mom, Bianca from the Rescuers, not the drag queen!

What happened with the puppy?
  • Watched almost in mourning, knowing there wouldn't be a TLo recap tomorrow.  

Naked drag queens was a weird challenge, especially since the girls were all pixelated.   Don't see the point in that.  

Tempest, no!!!  I was all set to love her.  Max, too, but then wtf was that on the runway?

I'm living for Katya -- "I have the body of a 55-year-old Irish rock-climber."  WTF in a good way.  Love.
  • @EllenLouise what puppy? You mean the rat? Bianca is fine, she loves her. I'm pouting, I want to watch the rest of the episode but have to wait for Mr. Glam to go to bed. I liked Tempest, what happened? Don't tell me!
  • I'm happy that this season hasn't devolved into a "who can say the worst shit about someone else?" competition. The shade is more moderately used this season, which is nice.

That being said, a few disagreements: I feel Kennedy should have won despite the wonky nipple situation, and the bottom two should have been Jasmine and Kandy. Girl, it was a resort wear challenge. A literal tube of fabric isn't resort wear. It barely counts as wear.

Poor Tempest though. She got royally fucked.
  • edited March 2015
    I thought Miss Fame and Violet were tied for first after the fashion show runway and after the main stage so I was ok with either of them winning.
    I didn't like Kandy Ho, I wish she had gone home instead of Tempest. She deserved at least one more week.
    Max, what the hell? So odd.
    So some of the queens were in full body suits and some were actually naked?
  • edited March 2015
    I think it would have been delightful if Ru had taken the opportunity to remind Kandy Ho that Tempest is younger than Ru. I do enjoy watching a bitch squirm.  And I'm bummed about Tempest, I was totally prepared to love her. Transferring love to Mrs. Kasha Davis.

Jasmine should definitely have been in the bottom two, that was some nonsense. I love Katya, but that was a disappointing runway. Was it me, or was there not a lot of workroom footage?

I'm disappointed that the Uncles won't be recapping this season, and I'm exponentially more disappointed about there being no Untucked. The combination sucks about 37% of the fun out of this. I'm also Not Amused at Logo sucking up 90 minutes of my DVR space under false pretenses.

ETA that apparently Untucked will be a webshow now, available at 9:00am on Tuesdays. Still Not Amused, as my lifestyle unfortunately doesn't accommodate cocktails with drag queens at 9:00am on Tuesdays. Better than none, though.
  • I'm bummed that the Logo website doesn't seem to have the full episode available for viewing.  That's the only way I can see the show!