Do these shoes go with this dress?

So I bought a gorgeous dress today:

And I want your opinions on whether or not the shoes in the picture go with the dress.  I found THE most gorgeous pair, but of course they weren't in my goddamn size:

I mean really.  Those are just the PERFECT sandals and there were none in my size - not even in the back, and I asked specifically. 

Anyway, advice would be appreciated.  If I don't wear the white and blue ones with it I have some cream espadrilles and gold resort sandals that could go.

Comments

• I like both but like the blue with jewels best
  • It's amazing how the blue of the shoes picks up the blue in the dress so exactly. I think that's a sign that they were meant to go together  :-)  And I also like the blue pair better...
  • Zoeg said:
    It's amazing how the blue of the shoes picks up the blue in the dress so exactly. I think that's a sign that they were meant to go together  :-)  And I also like the blue pair better...
    I'm glad you both like the blue shoes so much!  I do enjoy them (especially for $10 down from $17) but I had my heart set on those lovely white ones. 

Now I just need to figure out what jewelry to wear...
  • Oh, yes, wear the blue shoes!  They look great with the dress.  Honestly, I much prefer them to the white ones.
  • Zoeg said:
    It's amazing how the blue of the shoes picks up the blue in the dress so exactly. I think that's a sign that they were meant to go together  :-)  And I also like the blue pair better...
    I'm glad you both like the blue shoes so much!  I do enjoy them (especially for $10 down from $17) but I had my heart set on those lovely white ones. 

Now I just need to figure out what jewelry to wear...
    Probably the jewels that are on the shoes should determine the direction of any other jewelry, not necessarily matchy but, as TLo has taught us, should be compatible..
  • Go for the blue ones. They look perfect. 

Does anyone else find that they are more mindful of their outfits from following TLo?
    I find that I'm working on curating my looks and accessories in a more mindful way.  
  • The blue goes perfectly with the dress.  I'm sure it will look great togehter.

@stephie1020 I would say they have definitely helped me be much more thoughtful about how I dress.  And I find it to a good thing.  I am sure it's added a touch of sophistication to my look. 
  • The blue pair is fantastic. I also think if the gold sandles would look good too if you want to change it up. 
  • @carlatheviking We can't see the neckline or style of the dress so it's hard to make a recommendation (especially when it comes to a necklace).  It doesn't need to be too bold, since the print is already quite busy.
  • I figure instead of starting a new thread I'll just re-use this one!

Here's the mess on my bed right now while I'm trying to unpack at my parents' house:

Here's the original dress I showed you:

Here's a new dress I got 'for the beach' and I'm not at all sure what shoes to match with it:

And this is another dress that I've been wearing gold resort sandals with, but I left those in Texas so now I'm not sure what shoes to pair with it.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated!!
  • edited May 2015
    Pretty dresses. I don't have any ideas yet for shoes for the 2 new dresses. But I did want to comment that I'm amazed you can lay out all your clothes like that and not have the 2 cats immediately appear and make themselves comfortable all over them  :-)

ETA: What about the white ones you showed above?
  • I, too, was going to ask about the white shoes from upthread. Otherwise you have to show your shoe collection next, for us to mix and match stuff. ;-) (Why yes, it IS so much more fun than working!)
  • I couldn't buy the white ones - they only had three sizes and none of them were in my size :( :( :(

I went to the Stein Mart here today and they had pretty much every style BUT those white ones.  I'm so mad, I wanted them so much!!!

The cats are weird about my room.  The vent blows directly on my bed and I don't think they like it, because they're not in here a whole lot unless it's winter and they want warms and snuggles.  They LOVE my laptop in winter!  And my lap, but only if I'm lying down in bed.  If I'm on a chair/couch, forget about it!  They are very silly kitties.
  • carlatheviking  We need to see your shoe collection now. 
    :-)
    @GrumpyGirl- This TOTALLY Beats working. 
  • Speaking of shoes.
    Does anyone wear Tom's?
    If yes, any opinion on them?
    They are all over the place here in Boston. 
  • @stephie1020  I don't wear Toms...it's definitely not my look. And I have a huge foot, so it gives me flashbacks to my days in white Keds where my feet looked like skis.

I think they are cute enough on people who's style it is.  I have friends who look good in them and they rave about how comfy they are.  I wouldn't file them under 'stylish'...but for day to day, I can see the appeal. 
  • @TravelingDesign  I could see them as a commuter shoe, a step up from everyday sneakers but pricey for that purpose. 
    Unless they are the sparkly glitter Toms cause those too cool.  Yeah if it's got sparklies I want.
  • @stephie1020  I think they donate a pair of shoes for every pair you buy.  My aunt used this to justify buying them for my young cousin. 
  • TravelingDesign  True and they have ethical employment and manufacturing too.  Which I find very appealing. 
  • edited May 2015
    @CarlatheViking -- yes, please let us see shoes! This is like the "let's be shoe stylists" thread, but for people we love instead of celebrities. I love the blue dress, and I'm sure it will look smashing with your fabulous new haircut. :)

@Stephie1020 -- I have a pair of toms. They're an awesome plaid pattern, which appeals to my inner millennial hipster that wants to break free from my professional environment. :)
  • Maybe later on the shoes.  I've had a hard couple days recently and I'm not in the mood for cuteness.  Hopefully I cheer up soon :(
  • @carlatheviking -- I'm so sorry to hear that! Sending a warm hug your way. I hope the next few days are calmer and happier for  you. <3
  • Thank you @shelby!  The next few days won't be calmer, but once my parents get off to South Africa and my sister goes back to New Orleans I'll get to take the house apart and clean it and put it back together.  That will make me feel better.  I hope.
  • carlatheviking I sorry to hear that you are having a rough time.  Sending some hugs an calming energy to you. 
  • Thanks @stephie1020!  Today was a little better.  Hopefully some good things will fall into place over the next couple days and I'll start feeling interested in clothes and life and all the good stuff again.