The Movie Anticipation Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• I was thrilled to find out that Jessica Jones and Daredevil will be in the Infinity Wars movie, as well as all the agents of Shield. Do the Avengers still not know about Coulson? I haven't kept up with that side of things.
    I think that was a fan poster. I'm not sure we know yet who all will be in the Infinity Wars movie (although I think I read that they just confirmed Sebastian Stan). 
  • Shelby said:
    I was thrilled to find out that Jessica Jones and Daredevil will be in the Infinity Wars movie, as well as all the agents of Shield. Do the Avengers still not know about Coulson? I haven't kept up with that side of things.
    I think that was a fan poster. I'm not sure we know yet who all will be in the Infinity Wars movie (although I think I read that they just confirmed Sebastian Stan). 
    I don't think they have confirmed any of the TV characters for the movie (or even which Avengers).  All I have seen confirmed was a name change from Avengers: Infinity Wars Parts 1 and 2 to Avengers: Infinity Wars and then something that will be different but has not been released yet.  

Here is the release date calendar.

• now I remember seeing the trailer for Dr Strange (the fact that I didn't remember says a lot huh?) a 'meh' for me...looked very 'matrix-y'...

but glad to see some second tier folks getting movies (would still LOVE to see a Black Widow movie (why Capt Marvel?)
  • Anna_P said:
    No Casablanca or Citizen Kane remake?
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is, but like with Casablanca being re-set from WWII to a dystopian future with Ilsa being a robot.  :/
  • nolakent said:
    KarenFK said:
    @largishbearishAtlish, I enjoyed the AbFab movie and I say that as someone who has never seen the show. It is ridiculous, silly and fun. And probably even more fun if you are a fan of the show.
    yeah, I never really 'got' AbFab but looks like fun...(I also never got into Downton Abbey, there has been discussion of revoking my Queer Card (tm). I had to quote Armistead Maupin to keep it)
    If you never really cared for the show, I'd recommend staying far away from the movie. 
    have a great week.
  • nolakent said:
    Anna_P said:
    No Casablanca or Citizen Kane remake?
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is, but like with Casablanca being re-set from WWII to a dystopian future with Ilsa being a robot.  :/
    Directed by David O. Russell and starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, of course. 
  • Huh. Okay. I just thought it was accurate because I saw it on RBJ's page and he usually says whether it's a fan thing or not. 
    Here is the article I saw about it saying it was a fan thing. It would be awesome if were real though.
  • For all peoples uproar re Oceans 8 and the Ghostbusters I've heard nary a peep about this, the new Magnificent Seven. Didn't even know it was happening, saw a commercial for it last night.
    We saw the trailer for that the other day, and husbeast's comment was that Denzel Washington isn't nearly as attractive as Yul Brynner. I always find it funny when he comments on the relative attractiveness of men because we see them very differently!
  • Shelby said:
    I was thrilled to find out that Jessica Jones and Daredevil will be in the Infinity Wars movie, as well as all the agents of Shield. Do the Avengers still not know about Coulson? I haven't kept up with that side of things.
    I read it was a fan poster too - although I knew that right away because it was listed as "Infinity Wars I & II" and they've changed the names because *allegedly* there's going to be a changing of the guard in between the two and they gave the movies very specific subtitles to reflect that.

I have to say I would LOVE to see the Defenders (at the very least) in the movies.  I believe it was written in Charlie Cox's contract that if Daredevil gets written into the movies he gets to play him, but I don't know if anyone else's contracts are like that.
  • And no, the Avengers don't know about Coulson.  Lady Sif met him, but agreed to keep silent because Coulson wants to tell Thor in person.

Also, the movie peeps are being infuriatingly blase about the tv series - they didn't know anything about the Inhuman outbreak in the tv series.  And you know, the movies would have made so much more sense - the Sokovia Accords and all that - if they had had ONE throwaway line about, "This powered outbreak is making people so scared!"

I mean really.  What could be more gift-wrapped and perfect for inciting the Accords?  What would render null and void the fact the Avengers saved so many lives than the possibility of thousands of Inhumans running around unchecked?  What would make the vox populi burst into chorus to make the Avengers sign, as a signal to all the Inhumans that they too, must be registered?

Idiots!
  • ran across this

Doctor Strange opens on November 4, 2016; followed by Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – May 5, 2017; Spider-Man: Homecoming – July 7, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017; Black Panther – February 16, 2018; Avengers: Infinity War – May 4, 2018; Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6, 2018; Captain Marvel – March 8, 2019; Untitled Avengers – May 3, 2019; and as-yet-untitled Marvel movies on July 12, 2019, and on May 1, July 10, and November 6 in 2020.

• I have to say I would LOVE to see the Defenders (at the very least) in the movies.  I believe it was written in Charlie Cox's contract that if Daredevil gets written into the movies he gets to play him, but I don't know if anyone else's contracts are like that.
    That's a good idea! I wish Grant Gustin had done something similar - having him *not* be the Flash in the movies seems weird (to jump from Marvel to DC for a moment!)
  • Ooh, I just saw a preview for Hidden Figures last night and it looks really good: 

• Yeah, I thought for sure it would be an Oscar-bait movie. 
  • Yeah, I thought for sure it would be an Oscar-bait movie. 

They could do that limited release, whatever is required, thing that happens for Oscar contenders.
  • I just saw a notice that yet-another reboot got the green light, "A Star Is Born" starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
  • nolakent said:
    I just saw a notice that yet-another reboot got the green light, "A Star Is Born" starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
    saw that too. love Gaga but....ANOTHER remake? (and Cooper is directing I believe?) sigh
  • My husband and I watched the trailer for Star Wars Rogue One last night (finally). 

Super pumped for that! 
  • Hidden Figures looks awesome. I'm unashamedly looking forward to Sing. It looks adorable.

• nolakent said:
    I just saw a notice that yet-another reboot got the green light, "A Star Is Born" starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
    saw that too. love Gaga but....ANOTHER remake? (and Cooper is directing I believe?) sigh
    Yes, another remake. Might be fun to see Gaga in this role, though. I wonder who is/will be cast as Norman Main. 
    With all due respect, is there any way to improve on Judy's Garland's "I am Mrs. Norman Main"?
  • Anna_P said:
    Hidden Figures looks awesome. I'm unashamedly looking forward to Sing. It looks adorable.

I'm so glad someone else is looking forward to Sing, it looks so sweet, especially the gorilla who doesn't want to be a criminal. He just wants to sing Gorilla Dad! Why won't you support his dreams!?
  • I saw a screening of Queen of Katwe last night. OMG! guys this movie is soooo good! Seriously I cried literal tears of joy at seeing this film. I can't praise this enough! Go See This!

• So I've been seeing "The Dressmaker" screening red carpets pop up in TLo's website.  Is it only now being released in the US?  I want to see it, but I definitely don't remember a single commercial for it from last winter...
  • Milaxx said:
    I saw a screening of Queen of Katwe last night. OMG! guys this movie is soooo good! Seriously I cried literal tears of joy at seeing this film. I can't praise this enough! Go See This!

I saw this earlier this fall and loved it. Wonderful cast, loved everything. Hope it gets some love during awards season.
  • Lego Movie with BATMAN!!!!! Coming out in February, to give me just enough hope to last through January 20th. I'm taking the kids out of school early and we're all seeing it together. They don't want to go, but sometimes it's not about them. You wrecked my vagina, throw me a bone.

Did anybody see a trailer for a movie about a boy who grew up on Mars, but nobody knew it (his pregnant mother was killed during the journey somehow and he survived) and then he came back? That looked like it was going to be great, I hope I didn't miss it!

Sing looks amazing, I'm totally seeing that.

God, are there any other grown-up movies coming up? Fantastic Beasts totally lived up to the hype, I loved it. So that was cool.
  • the  voice casting on Sing! looks just *wonderful*, look forward to seeing it as well....