weird weight loss(and gain) experiences that dont make any sense

Two days ago, i bought, tried on and put aside, a pair of jeans that still needed to wait for me to lose more weight before i could wear them. About 3 months worth I'd say.  Today they fit. comfortably. Im wearing them now and very comfortable in them. so whats the deal here..anyone have any weird experiences involving the scale, weight loss and gain and the like? I dont really go by the scale i just use it as a guide.I like knowing what I weigh, to keep my WL plan in front of me.

Comments

• Eat a lot of salt? Water retention? It can happen. As a side note, I have a lot of pants that are a tad too tight in the thighs in the early morning, but by mid-morning are fine. Bodies are weird things sometimes. I think mine either has to do with water retention overnight, or the fact that running and using those muscles swells them just a bit until they've had sufficient time to cool down.

I'm not a doctor, though, nor do I play one on tv. :)
  • Oh, yes, this happens to me too. Did you try them on the same time of day both times? I put some skirts in the giveaway pile because they were looking tight when I tried them on in the evening, then tried them again a couple days later in the morning and they fit fine. What Chucko78 said about muscle swelling after running is probably what's going on.  Also just eating and drinking  (even if it's all healthy and not overdoing it) expands the body a bit throughout the day so how things fit when I get home from work vs. in the morning is vastly different.
  • Chucko78 said:
    Eat a lot of salt? Water retention? It can happen. As a side note, I have a lot of pants that are a tad too tight in the thighs in the early morning, but by mid-morning are fine. Bodies are weird things sometimes. I think mine either has to do with water retention overnight, or the fact that running and using those muscles swells them just a bit until they've had sufficient time to cool down.

I'm not a doctor, though, nor do I play one on tv. :)

I kinda understand all that but these were really way off base,(and believe me, im not complaining, just befuddled) the button and button hole were on opposite shores..no hope..i don't use salt at all but i do take a diuretic to loosen the water retention. but that much?

• edited May 2015
    Oh, yes, this happens to me too. Did you try them on the same time of day both times? I put some skirts in the giveaway pile because they were looking tight when I tried them on in the evening, then tried them again a couple days later in the morning and they fit fine. What Chucko78 said about muscle swelling after running is probably what's going on.  Also just eating and drinking  (even if it's all healthy and not overdoing it) expands the body a bit throughout the day so how things fit when I get home from work vs. in the morning is vastly different.

I guess when you know this stuff and how weight loss/gain all works, it becomes a little easier because you know your not failing..if you've been good that is. And yes, the other day i tried them on in the afternoon, and today at 7:30 AM. i geuss its the same physics that make a bra fine in the AM but hurts by the time you get home....Did you take back the skirts?