Kittentariat Open Chat 21

123457»

Comments

• @shelby - go to your counseling/student therapy office and ask if they have a writing support group.  I'm in one here at TAMU and it's all very private and hush-hush since it's classified as "therapy" - you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement, and you can't reveal who else is in the group, and you have to ask any particular member if it's okay to show you know them outside of meeting, etc so you can REALLY bare your soul in meetings.  Here, we go around the circle and talk about what we're writing, and our advisors and (in the case of some disciplines) co-authors on papers that form part of our dissertations/theses, and what we struggle with, etc.  It's SO helpful.  Of course, some people might hate it, but I love it, and there are people from all sorts of disciplines so it's very interesting too.

In my news, I'm finally home and my ankle is elevated!  I'm so mad I tweaked it this morning (I think it was when I came down the stairs) when I've had to schlep all over the campus.  But I'm on my couch and college football IS ALMOST HERE (half an hour away), and I have wings in the oven, and when they're 25 minutes from finished I'll put fries in the oven too, and I'm drinking a beer, and homework is even tolerable under these auspicious conditions!!
  • @carlatheviking I have NO use for football, but I would totally tolerate it under those circumstances! 

I've got major couch inertia going on right now - I could go downtown after work to do a picnic/symphony/fireworks thing, but ... I kinda think I'm not going anywhere. Maybe I'll take a walk around the block at 5pm and see if I can rally an ounce of enthusiasm! 
  • @carlatheviking I have NO use for football, but I would totally tolerate it under those circumstances! 

I've got major couch inertia going on right now - I could go downtown after work to do a picnic/symphony/fireworks thing, but ... I kinda think I'm not going anywhere. Maybe I'll take a walk around the block at 5pm and see if I can rally an ounce of enthusiasm! 
    I'm so exhausted right now that as psyched as I am for football, it's really hard to pay attention right now.  I might seriously just pass out I don't know how long I can stay awake :L
  • @Shelby I hope you're able to manage all the different expectations!  I haven't gone further than undergrad (though I'd like to, one day.  I do sincerely enjoy writing papers) but I must agree there's no point writing a paper just to parrot what's already been said.

@carlatheviking I'm glad your second (first and half?) date went well!  He sounds sweet, and I'll think good thoughts for you.

@OffToSeeHim you're too funny!  I wish your friend had video of you :-)

Oh, also, I forgot: Atlantic City by Bruce gets me every time.  Every.  Damn.  Time.
  • Diamonds and Rust   Joan Baez
  • @carlatheviking I'm glad your second (first and half?) date went well!  He sounds sweet, and I'll think good thoughts for you.
    He IS sweet. I like him, but it's still pretty new. He could be the best thing ever, or he could be a secret monster. I'm treading carefully for now!

• In my news, I'm finally home and my ankle is elevated!  I'm so mad I tweaked it this morning 
    I hope your ankle is doing better.  Although, when I read that sentence i saw it as you were twerking this morning and that's how you hurt it.  

I'm tired.  Way too many declensions in Latin.  Damn Romans.  Also, my partner for this week had to cancel our meeting today as she wasn't prepared, so we are meeting tomorrow.  I had planned on going out but will now be finishing my homework and doing the test online.  Grrr, this is why I like working alone for most of my homework.  

@Offtoseehim, really hope you are feeling better.  Take it easy this week-end!    
This discussion has been closed.