Who's hotter?: Federer vs. Nadal

I've been watching coverage of the U.S. Open non-stop since it started and saw the Tommy Hilfiger underwear commercial with Rafael Nadal stripping in the locker room for the first time.  He has a great body, but didn't make my ovaries flutter or anything.  So I started thinking about who I find sexy in the current crop of top players and Roger Federer was the only player who came to mind.  He's not a classic beauty, but I tend to appreciate a man who has "that thing" about them over someone who just looks good.  Is it just me?  Is there a player I'm not thinking about? 

Comments

• I think Nadal is physically hotter, but Federer is generally more interesting.    As you say, he's not classically handsome, but he's got a charisma about him that makes him attractive.  His wife did an excellent job of remaking his image when she took over his management.

Tommy Haas has aged VERY well.
  • Wow!  Haas wasn't even on my radar. Just Googled him & now I'm off to see if I can find some of his matches.  Definitely drool worthy.  That's why I love my fellow BKs.
  • Nadal hands down. Federer is the guy you end up with when you are fifty and live happily ever after. Nadal is the guy you waste your twenties on. This is just a romanticized take on their public image. I know too little about them or their sport to know better.
  • Federer looks like money, to me, which certainly has its appeal. But I agree with @pattyfrost that Nadal has a raw attractiveness. I adore Novak because of his low maintenance personality and humility. But he doesn't have much sex appeal.
  • Nadal.

I always thought Goran Ivanisevic was hot. He was like a crazy person let loose on a tennis court when he played. Maybe that's what I found appealing about him.
  • Oh yes, Goran Ivanisevic was very hot. 
  • If we're going for non-contemporary tennis hotties, Pat Rafter, Mark Philippousis, and young Marat Safin should be part of the conversation.
  • Nadal. All the way. He is also a genuine, nice, humble guy.

• Nadal makes me want to do bad things to him.

• I can see that Nadal has that hot young stud look but Federer is more classical good looking and I think he will age better.
  • Nadal was hot in that ad you mentioned, but actually watching him play he doesn't do anything for me. 
  • @Stephie1020 I understand, but still don't get it.  I have to say I might be a fickle tennis girl.  Fabio Fognini turned my head for a moment.
  • @CourtneyA Just checked out your list & boy is Marat Safin super steamy. Woof!
  • LocMama said:
    @Stephie1020 I understand, but still don't get it.  I have to say I might be a fickle tennis girl.  Fabio Fognini turned my head for a moment.
    I think the Nadal ad for Tommy Hilfiger is hot, but I'm still going to be a fangirl for Federer.
    As for Fognini, I consider Flavia Pennetta to be a very lucky and savvy woman!
  • I think I may have to take up watching Tennis. 
    :-)
  • LocMama said:
    @CourtneyA Just checked out your list & boy is Marat Safin super steamy. Woof!

He looks like the type who knows exactly what he's about, you know?
  • Federer! (but in a respectful way, as he -- and I -- are happily married to other people)

Also Safin. And James Blake.
  • I have no idea who these guys are (okay, I know they're tennis players), but how can anyone judge without photos?

Roger Federer:

Um, yes:

Lest we forget (though I've never even seen him before):

• Rafael Nadal (who I really, really had never heard of):

The big guns:

Glamour shots:

• Um, what are you selling there Rafael?

• And just to make it more interesting.  My best friend likes tennis and told me his favorite is Novak Djokowhatever.  I can't be the only one who likes strong features, right?

• The Lord's work, @daveinhollywood

And over never heard of that last guy, but yes. Yes.