What's your least favorite commercial?

1234568»

Comments

• conniemd said:
    I HATE the Liberty Mutual commercials. Especially the "BRAAAD" one: 

Thank you! I cringe whenever that one is on. It's just some ad exec's lazy idea about what 20-something women are like (I'm in my 30s and still miffed!)
    I hate all insurance commercials because they are so full of BS. No insurance company is "On Your Side" and "Good Hands" or "there" when you need them. Their job is always to pay out as little as possible on any claim. I say this having worked on legal cases for both sides, both insurance companies and claimants. They'll find any excuse they can come up with.
    Every time a Liberty Mutual commercial appears my husband starts yelling "Hit the mute! Hit the mute!"  We loathe those commercial with unseemly passion. As you noted ALL of the insurance ads are full of BS. They are not your friends, they are a necessary part of driving.
  • Am reaaaaaaaaally tiring of the 'Flo' commercials (and her dressed as the 'grandfather' is really creeping me out in a bad Drag King sort of way. Isn't it time they retired Flo (or took her out back and shot her)?

Even the 'most interesting man in the world' retired, and Shatner got a side-kick on the price changing commercials.
    I am also soooo done with Flo. At first she was refreshingly retro, now she's just weird.
  • conniemd said:
    I HATE the Liberty Mutual commercials. Especially the "BRAAAD" one: 

Thank you! I cringe whenever that one is on. It's just some ad exec's lazy idea about what 20-something women are like (I'm in my 30s and still miffed!)
    I hate all insurance commercials because they are so full of BS. No insurance company is "On Your Side" and "Good Hands" or "there" when you need them. Their job is always to pay out as little as possible on any claim. I say this having worked on legal cases for both sides, both insurance companies and claimants. They'll find any excuse they can come up with.
    Every time a Liberty Mutual commercial appears my husband starts yelling "Hit the mute! Hit the mute!"  We loathe those commercial with unseemly passion. As you noted ALL of the insurance ads are full of BS. They are not your friends, they are a necessary part of driving.
    The only ones I like are the Mayhem ones. I haven't been impressed by a GEICO ad in awhile either.
  • My mute the TV ad right now is that Charter one with the beatboxing.  I am so sick of that ad and it is on all the time.  I also hate this one ad for the grooming salon at Petsmart,  It features a bunch of dogs for which grooming would entail a bath and brush with only the final dog (a Shih tzu) needing a trim.  Where are the terriers and the poodles?  Those breeds show off your grooming skills.  I don't like that one for Letgo with the disco ball and the Village People either.  The driver of the motorcycle says that her disco ball reminds her of the 70s.   Somebody who would be clinging to a disco ball from the 70s would be in her 50s or 60s at least.
  • The Subaru 'put a little love in your heart' commercial. Cute once, okay 3 times, but getting over played very quickly and turning treacly.
  • There's some insurance commercial where a waitress is talking to another customer about money troubles -- "and Emma just broke her new glasses!" -- and the main character leaves her a $100 tip. Main character's son doesn't understand and keeps pushing his dad on why he did that. Main character responds, "Eh, you'll understand when you're older." 

I always fall into rage whiteout and find myself yelling at the TV:

NO TELL YOUR KID ABOUT CAPITALISM AND HOW MINIMUM WAGES HAVEN'T KEPT UP WITH INFLATION AND WHY INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER DENTAL AND EYE-CARE. POVERTY. THE WORKING CLASS. BENEFITS. 
  • The ads I currently hate are the VIPoo/PooPuree (sp?) ads and the Blue Buffalo ads.  The VIPoo ad is just gross and I really don't want to see a woman sitting on the toilet in her party dress.  The Blue Buffalo ad seems to be shaming pet parents because they don't feed their pets something that is about $20 for a small bag.  Blue Buffalo doesn't get that good a ratings from Dog Food Advisor either. Some much less expensive dog foods rank much better.
  • Munchkn said:
    The ads I currently hate are the VIPoo/PooPuree (sp?) ads and the Blue Buffalo ads.  The VIPoo ad is just gross and I really don't want to see a woman sitting on the toilet in her party dress.  The Blue Buffalo ad seems to be shaming pet parents because they don't feed their pets something that is about $20 for a small bag.  Blue Buffalo doesn't get that good a ratings from Dog Food Advisor either. Some much less expensive dog foods rank much better.
    Yes I agree about the VIPoo commercial, it is amusing....once. then? just gross... (and the 'producer' wafting up to his nose is just curdling..

Once good thing- the treacly sweet holiday commercials will be over SOON thank goodness...then to the doldrums of January...
  • There is one I've seen recently for an at home colon cancer screening test. It is a talking box in a bathroom telling you how about the test your dr. can order. It explains vaguely how you take the test and I swear at the end it says something like, "Just go and SSSSHHHHHIIIIIIIIp it off" every time I hear it I think it's about to say, "shit it off" I'm now convinced it is on purpose. 
  • There's an ASPCA commercial with Lori Loughlin on it that I keep seeing and its a long freaking spot - at least 2-3 minutes!!!! I get its the end of the year and they're trying to solicit donations but its bad enough I have to change the channel for the normal 60 second spot - but this is way too long! 
  • edited December 2016
    SarahBeth said:
    There's an ASPCA commercial with Lori Loughlin on it that I keep seeing and its a long freaking spot - at least 2-3 minutes!!!! I get its the end of the year and they're trying to solicit donations but its bad enough I have to change the channel for the normal 60 second spot - but this is way too long! 
    Ugh, I saw that last night. It just kept going. And going. And going. I mean this was TLC at 12:30am, so I imagine the ad space was pretty cheap, but still. 

I don't think I ever had a commercial that made me change the channel until I saw that Verizon commercial at the laundromat with the kid doing some song based on Thrift Shop. The song is awful, I can't take it.
  • @ellystar Yeah, I was watching TLC yesterday afternoon but still. There's no need for a 3.5 minute ad.
  •  I think the commerical is for AT*T but makes my skin *crawl*. The kids have 'fees' (from the phone service), but the parents go thru there hair to see creepy crawly 'fees' (get it? oh the laughter..NOT) Fees!

Makes me scratch and wash my hands! Yuck. Ick. Ugh.
  •  I think the commerical is for AT*T but makes my skin *crawl*. The kids have 'fees' (from the phone service), but the parents go thru there hair to see creepy crawly 'fees' (get it? oh the laughter..NOT) Fees!

I was just saying the same thing to my partner last night. I have to turn away when I see that one. 
  • rawtoo said:
     I think the commerical is for AT*T but makes my skin *crawl*. The kids have 'fees' (from the phone service), but the parents go thru there hair to see creepy crawly 'fees' (get it? oh the laughter..NOT) Fees!

I was just saying the same thing to my partner last night. I have to turn away when I see that one. 
    and makes me NEVER want to buy their product...EVER!