Book Unrecommendations - Books To Avoid

14567810»

Comments

• I just "finished" All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda the other day.  I saw finished because I skipped to the end to see how it came out.  I tried picking it back up and decided it was not worth my time. For anyone unfamiliar with this book, it's not written in a linear fashion.  Ms Miranda gives a reason for writing the book in reverse, but I think it's more that she doesn't know how to write a good mystery.  
  • edited March 2017
    Some fantasy books I didn't enjoy, eventhough I really wanted to:

"Mélusine" and "The Virtu", by Sarah Monette. I bought them together, and the first book isn't too bad, although there is a bit more child abuse in it than I'd like. In the second book, the protagonists become completely unlikable for no real reason; and, well... even more child abuse.

"The Song Of Achilles", by Madeline Miller: Good concept, lacking in execution. Both the protagonist and his lover, the titular Achilles, are meek and passive. I found it really hard to care.

"The Name Of The Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss: The protagonist is a sexist, pompous ass.

"Ash" by Malinda Lo: booooring... and honestly, just not well written.

"The Mists Of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley: fantastic concept. But every single character in this book is despicable, including the one's the author clearly wants us to root for. And the plot doesn't really make that much sense.

• "The Mists Of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley: fantastic concept. But every single character in this book is despicable, including the one's the author clearly wants us to root for. And the plot doesn't really make that much sense.

I am sure I read Mists of Avalon years ago but I can't really remember it.

And since the allegations by her daugher, I am not willing to read her work anymore.