Sad news...

Our family lost a beloved member yesterday. Our niece, who had battled cancer for over 10 years, died early on 2/22. She leaves her wonderful wife of 3 years, her father and brother, as well as countless friends to remember her as the brave, bright young woman who persisted in living her life as well as possible.
Just heartbroken.  

Comments

• Our family lost a beloved member yesterday. Our niece, who had battled cancer for over 10 years, died early on 2/22. She leaves her wonderful wife of 3 years, her father and brother, as well as countless friends to remember her as the brave, bright young woman who persisted in living her life as well as possible.
    Just heartbroken.  
    Oh, my dear, I am so sorry.   My condolences to you and her entire family. 
  • I'm so sorry. 
  • I am so sorry to hear that. What a long, hard battle. How wonderful that she was so loved.
  • So sorry to hear...hugs where applicable
  • Thank you all so much. One of the things that I am so thankful for is that when our niece came out to her family and friends  they accepted her completely and with great love, as they did her wife when they married. They had the most wonderful wedding in September of 2013. 
  • That's not nearly enough of a life together. How old was your niece?
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad she had a good life before she went.
  • So sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.
  • My condolences to you and yours. It sounds as if your niece, despite her short life was very beloved.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  How terrible for everyone involved
  • Thank you all for your kindness-truly. Our niece was 38 years old. She and her wife had nine years together, including the last three as married ladies.  I remember in the 2012 elections our state(Maryland) approved, by referendum, same sex marriage, and we were all so thrilled that our niece could get married in her home state. 
  • I'm so very sorry, bitchy. Sending love and comfort to you, your niece's wife, and all who have lost her.
  • So sorry for your loss. My codolenscens to all.
  • Just an update to say that the memorial service for our niece was beautiful. A childhood friend preached the sermon, and a number of family and friends shared their memories. It was a tremendous comfort .
  • glad it went well B3....hugs
  • Just an update to say that the memorial service for our niece was beautiful. A childhood friend preached the sermon, and a number of family and friends shared their memories. It was a tremendous comfort .

It does sound lovely. 

Having the opportunity to share memories is a really beautiful thing.

Having the opportunity to share memories is a really beautiful thing.

I agree. Sometimes you find yourself talking about something the departed said or did that you haven't talked about in years. It's a beautiful way to honor the memory of your loved one while gently nudging you toward acknowledgement and acceptance of their passing. I find in the month since my dad passed away, my sister and I have been sharing stories with each other about him that are unique to each of us. It's been a beautiful discovery for us. We're smiling through our tears.
  • May she rest in peace. Something very healing about friends & family being able to get together and sahre memories.
  • Thank you all for your thoughtfulness. Hearing those memories brought some smiles and laughs, as well as tears.
    GraziDiMenti, may you and your sister continue to share those stories about your father. Hugs.
  • Thank you all for your thoughtfulness. Hearing those memories brought some smiles and laughs, as well as tears.
    GraziDiMenti, may you and your sister continue to share those stories about your father. Hugs.

Thanks for the kindness, but, it is @Gemfemme who has been reminiscing with her sister since her father's death. The way these threads read can be confusing.

Thanks for the kindness, but, it is @Gemfemme who has been reminiscing with her sister since her father's death. The way these threads read can be confusing.
    OMG-my bad.  To Gemfemme, my heartfelt sympathies.
  • No problem. Thank you Triple B, which is what I call you in my head. :)
  • Gemfemme said:
    No problem. Thank you Triple B, which is what I call you in my head. :)
    Triple B I am!